Steve Vai Posters!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
kenix700
Newcomer

I was looking around today and realized that the merch store extremely lacks any sort of Vai posters. Even after looking on Ebay for a long long time i have yet to find any posters I wished to purchase out of the few available. Is there any chance we could get some added into the store? I personally would die for a quite large poster of the cover of Passion and Warfare!
EddieVanHalenRocks

I agree, there is literally no where on the internet u can get full sized Vai posters, best i could find was one smallish sized poster with Vai and the David Lee Roth band in it!
Jeries

i agree
all i have is the guitar world poster from 3-4 yrs ago
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Are you guys interested in the following:

- original tour posters going all the way back to the 90s (these would be more expensive as they are more collectable)

- live concert photos (actual photographic prints in large sizes)

- high-quality limited run posters on quality archival stock, or printed with unusual techniques etc.

There are some vintage posters I have collected - such as the Passion and Warfare poster that I have mint in a tube since I got it. Perhaps we could look into reproducing those.

There were also different Ibanez promo posters made for certain guitar models, such as the VWH. Most recently there was a great image created to promot the gemini pedal.

Generally, it's difficult to stock posters because there isn't traditionally a high demand for them, and they have to be printed in large runs.

Perhaps we should explore a special Ebay sale or the spares.

Hmmmmm..... I'll look into some or all of these, guys.

Mikey
vai.com
ClarkyNZ

Great idea Mikey. I love my autographed G306 poster from Melbourne. It's framed on my wall. 8)
R1FSR

Although i have many old 'vintage' posters
id love to see them reprinted and a big YES to the
Jemini pedal poster ..that was simply awesome .

would be good to see photo sets from different concerts
as you must have 1000s of them by now Mikey :wink:
Patill

Mikey wrote:Are you guys interested in the following:

- original tour posters going all the way back to the 90s (these would be more expensive as they are more collectable)

- high-quality limited run posters on quality archival stock, or printed with unusual techniques etc.
hmm, if there was a preview so we know what exactly you mean...
litlgrnman

There are some vintage posters I have collected - such as the Passion and Warfare poster that I have mint in a tube since I got it. Perhaps we could look into reproducing those.

There were also different Ibanez promo posters made for certain guitar models, such as the VWH. Most recently there was a great image created to promot the gemini pedal.

Generally, it's difficult to stock posters because there isn't traditionally a high demand for them, and they have to be printed in large runs.

Mikey
vai.com
Yes yes yes!! Especially the tour posters going back and the high quality limited run posters. I would also love to see a section on the site dedicated to documenting Vai posters and collectibles. I do realize that would entail a lot of work for people who probably have more productive things to be doing. Maybe there could be something set up where people could upload or submit what they have so we could get an idea of what all is out there.
kenix700
Newcomer

I want this!!! Found it on jemsite

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3613/p1010281ap0.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
teokiatuan

Mikey
vai.com
very cool ideas

how about a swirl wallpaper, would be pretty nice for a bedroom
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

teokiatuan wrote:very cool ideas

how about a swirl wallpaper, would be pretty nice for a bedroom
Hmm.. I dunno dude, it might be a bit motion-sickness inducing! :shock: ;)

Mikey :)
vai.com
Patill

kenix700 wrote:I want this!!! Found it on jemsite

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3613/p1010281ap0.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I second that.

Also the Swirl thing ;).
R1FSR

kenix700 wrote:I want this!!! Found it on jemsite

I keep seeing these but there is some of it is missing...i have one like that
but there large frame around it with the columns,ibanez logo,and passion
and warfare info if i recall ...not looked at mine for many years :wink:
LoveBlood

Mikey
vai.com
Yes to all of those, i've actually wanted Vai posters for ages! :D
GYiakoumi

Mikey i was wondering if there was a chance for flags? I'm more of fan of flag posters than the paper ones.. more durable and they move n look cool when my window is open ;)(totally worth it)

what are the odds of this? they're much much much better

George x