the "WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE"-dvd thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
tmwc

Mikey wrote:
tmwc wrote:Looking good...and nice to see a Bluray announced too! Makes it a definite purchase for me :)

Any chance of a preorder with signed copies? :)
Yep - we're working on it. :)

Mikey :)
vai.com

Nice one! Out of interest, do you know what some of Steve's previous concerts where shot on? Is there a possibility of some bluray reissues or are we stuck with Standard Def?
Vive le Rush

I'm very excited about this new DVD/CD, too!!!! :guitar :guitar :D Steve looks and sounds AMAZING, and you can really feel the vitality of the band. :headbang :headbang :guitar Once I get my hands on this masterpiece, it will probably be the only thing I watch and listen to for a week!!!! :D :guitar :guitar :peace
sisterinlaw

Great! :guitar
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

tmwc wrote:
Mikey wrote:
tmwc wrote:Looking good...and nice to see a Bluray announced too! Makes it a definite purchase for me :)

Any chance of a preorder with signed copies? :)
Yep - we're working on it. :)

Mikey :)
vai.com

Nice one! Out of interest, do you know what some of Steve's previous concerts where shot on? Is there a possibility of some bluray reissues or are we stuck with Standard Def?
Everything else was standard def, although the Sex and Religion show was shot on 16mm film.

Mikey
vai.com
yegap

Can't wait for DVD, CD and most of all a tour of New york, New Jersey.
Thanks Mikey and Steve. :guitar
bennyvx78

This is the first time, That watching a trailer actually hurts. My jaw litterly dropped
on my unsuspecting desk ..Woowwiiee.. This dvd is definitly a must have concert dvd...
Ooww man. This is soo cool.

( brings back memories of seeing the show in A'dam. Way back )
cnc74

Is anyone else having problems viewing the clip on the homepage?
lastmohican

No problem here
:wink:
cnc74

hmm. When I click the 3 min clip and 7 min on the homepage, it's all messed up. weird.
bennyvx78

No problem here either. Are you sure that you have all the neccesary plugins
for your web browser? Are you Using IE or Firefox. Then it would run normally..

Ok 2 months isn't that bad. Time will fly by...
Ice9

pauldlr wrote:Yay the video is working! :D :D :D :D
Wow! :shock: Brings back such good memories, sitting here with goose bumps, now late for work! but worth it. Might as well watch it again! :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Is there anyway we can share this on facebook, try and give it a bit more coverage in the world??

I made the date and website my status and so shall it be till sometime in October. Very excited!
Azyiu

First of all, I am so looking forward to this release, and I am definitely getting the Bluray first day!!! :guitar

Having said that, I am just curious as to why it was only shot in 720p instead of 1080p Full HD? I understand shooting in Full HD might cost more, but it seems most concerts out there that are said to be shot in so-called HD are shot in 720p only? How come? I can only recall a few titles out there that are shot in 1080p Full HD. Could someone or Mikey answer this question for me? Thanks in advance. :peace
lydian7

Great to see a Dave Weiner song being performed (Shove the Sun Aside) but does anyone have any details on the new tracks (i.e. Apples in Paradise, Gary 7, Beastly Rap, Treasure Island, and Earthquake Sky), or if they're linked in any way to Steve's next studio album project?

I'd also just like to point out how similar the heroic intro is, both harmonically and melodically, to the soundtrack to Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It may just be a coincidence but the melody is almost exactly the same; it's uncanny! I'm referring to the part between 0:17 - 0:23 btw.

The dvd looks to be the most interesting release yet and I'm really looking forward to seeing/hearing it. I'd also love to see Steve's back catalogue of dvds being released, particularly from the Fire Garden and S&R tours.

Rock on.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

lydian7 wrote:Great to see a Dave Weiner song being performed (Shove the Sun Aside) but does anyone have any details on the new tracks (i.e. Apples in Paradise, Gary 7, Beastly Rap, Treasure Island, and Earthquake Sky), or if they're linked in any way to Steve's next studio album project?
"Apples in Paradise" is the violin solo/duel.

"Gary 7", "Beastly Rap" and "Treasure Island" are part of Steve and Jeremy's solo spot with the "beast" satellite kit.

"Earthquake Sky" is Jeremy's drum solo.

Mikey
vai.com
ocuj

I found a pre-order for Europe. 05-10-09 is the releasedate, according to Amazon.co.uk and Play.com.

http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searcht ... x=0&go.y=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_0_1 ... +vai+where" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;