AN OPEN LETTER TO STEVE VAI

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
teokiatuan

Bryceybhoy wrote:It's not humour. I'm deadly serious.

:wink:

<video snipped due to complaints>
Big Bad Bill

Fanch wrote:The whole 'Sound Theories concept' makes a lot more sense to me now I've seen the DVD, which is excellent. I feel that it should've been released before the CD. Listening to the CD is like watching 'Lord of the Rings' with a blindfold on-you miss a great deal of the spectacle!
I agree with you. Sound Theories only really works for me as an audiovisual spectacle-but its still just old material.
Tom

Whether real or staged or whatever I find this video loop that is attached to teokiatuan's post offensive. What in the world is the point to be made there. Maybe my disgust is a sign of age or (God willing) maturity, or, at the very least -- taste; but up until the point where suddenly appears that video I suppose I had followed the contour of this silly thread, sympathetic with everyone, more or less, who craves new Vai material. I think one should be careful how one signs on to an "open letter." Such is the internet.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video is removed.

Please think before posting; this is an all ages board. Consider that children might view what you post.

Thanks for understanding.

Jeroen
vai.com
teokiatuan

sorry about that.

what was i thinking...
Bryceybhoy

:roll:
Fanch

Big Bad Bill wrote:
Fanch wrote:The whole 'Sound Theories concept' makes a lot more sense to me now I've seen the DVD, which is excellent. I feel that it should've been released before the CD. Listening to the CD is like watching 'Lord of the Rings' with a blindfold on-you miss a great deal of the spectacle!
I agree with you. Sound Theories only really works for me as an audiovisual spectacle-but its still just old material.

lol, that was Your post from the visual sound theories thread Bill, NOT mine. I thought I pointed that out. Sorry about the confusion.

What works for you isnt always what works for me. Different strokes etc...I'm Finally learning this fact. :wink: I love the Sound theories CDs as much or more than the DVD.

Steve: Greatly looking forward to your next release! :D
prman

Big Bad Bill wrote:
Bryceybhoy wrote:......including the weirdos)
Hey! I resent that.

I've had a complete lull in my passion for the guitar over the last three months. I've barely touched it so much so that my tutor 'sacked' me and I don't even listen to music anymore because it just doesn't inspire me anymore.
I respect your honesty. (insert "respect" smiley here)
a
Newcomer

Well the new spinal tap cd turned up yesterday & it was nice to hear some new playing by Steve, but for the love of god, get a move on and make a new record..
Ultraviolet

If you want music,..make some yourself.

Otherwise I would say to play some of Steve's music,...and be greatful for what you are hearing in the meantime.

He may do more material,....it's not certain when or if.

Ultra :)