AN OPEN LETTER TO STEVE VAI

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Bryceybhoy

Dear Steve

(on behalf of the Vai Messageboard......including the weirdos)

Get your finger out and give us new music before I lose my sanity and eat my own head.

Yours

Bryceybhoy :guitar
Shredded Heat

I don't think the big man can or should be rushed into releasing something - it will come when it's good and ready.
Steve has done so much already that even if he were to go crazy, move to a remote island and never pick up the guitar again I'd still be happy with what he's already released (although obviously that's a worst-case scenario)
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Bryceybhoy wrote:before I lose my sanity and eat my own head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSqXi9Ra ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bryceybhoy

"I promise I'll never die."
Big Bad Bill

Bryceybhoy wrote:......including the weirdos)
Hey! I resent that.

I've had a complete lull in my passion for the guitar over the last three months. I've barely touched it so much so that my tutor 'sacked' me and I don't even listen to music anymore because it just doesn't inspire me anymore. I have to say that I feel in part its because of the lack of new Vai music in our lives as its the only thing that really moves me. I know writing and making an album is incredibly difficult, but I can't wait until the new album is even started let alone finished. Patience is a...is a... pain in the arse!
Bryceybhoy

I agree BBB. I just miss the days of unwrapping the tape off my new Vai CD and turning up the stereo. There is nothing like that 'first time listen' feeling when it comes to Vai. And I haven't had that feeling in years.

I almost ate my own head last night. I was this close.

PS. The weirdo comment was not aimed at you. Well, not directly.
Big Bad Bill

Although the Sound Theories releases were a monumental task in terms of devising, performing, recording, releasing etc, they weren't, for me at any rate, particularly satisfying musically. It was almost like a covers CD/DVD in that respect so I really feel the four years since any new material was released. Perhaps when it does arrive it'll be like having sex for the first time in year-mind blowing but all too brief!
boswell

What's sex???
Hypnus9
Newcomer

boswell wrote:What's sex???

Isn't that the number after 5, and just before 7?
Desert_Runner

boswell wrote:What's sex???
"Well, Tristan, when a man and a woman love eachother very much..." "Stop it! We mustn't let Tristan breed!"

If you don't get it, don't ask.
Fanch

Big Bad Bill wrote:Although the Sound Theories releases were a monumental task in terms of devising, performing, recording, releasing etc, they weren't, for me at any rate, particularly satisfying musically. It was almost like a covers CD/DVD in that respect so I really feel the four years since any new material was released. Perhaps when it does arrive it'll be like having sex for the first time in year-mind blowing but all too brief!

The whole 'Sound Theories concept' makes a lot more sense to me now I've seen the DVD, which is excellent. I feel that it should've been released before the CD. Listening to the CD is like watching 'Lord of the Rings' with a blindfold on-you miss a great deal of the spectacle!

Intersting quotes Bill. AT LEAST you had the stones to post on the Visual Sound theories thread with a cognitive post.

I hope someday you will LISTEN, instead of 'watching' Sound Theories without a blindfold on-you miss a great deat of the spectacle/MUSIC!!!
Bryceybhoy

I know exactly what you're saying BBB. Last night, I had 30 mins to waste before The Mentalist so chucked on the Sounds Theories DVD. The girlfriend said, "What is this noise? That is terrible."

Now, normally, I beat the woman to a pulp when she criticises his Lordship, but on this occasion I was tempted to agree.

Sound Theories is just too noisy for me, too much going on - but I totally understand what he is trying to do. It's music you have to be in the mood to listen to. It's just most of the time I'm never in the mood.

I need a new studio album.

PS. Bill, your comparison proves you're a Vai weirdo!
Polymnie

The girlfriend said, "What is this noise? That is terrible."
I advise you to change girlfriend!
Now, normally, I beat the woman to a pulp when she criticises his Lordship
I advise to your girlfriend to change guy!
But I suppose it's just humour? :)
We wait all for a new album, but hey, don't say that Sound Theories is just too noisy, he is luxurious!
Bryceybhoy

It's not humour. I'm deadly serious.

:wink:
Breeder

well that`s the kind of music "normal" people do not understand cause there`s a lot going on at the same time