New Steve interview

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Ekim

Thanks for the link!
Samuele

Thanks for the interview, I enjoy it so much when these things come up!

Here's a couple more that I recently found:

Steve Vai interview at LIMS 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU604f4vVl0

Alien Guitar Secrets Tour - Steve Vai Interview (in Italy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjGMDXBh854
shiho k
Newcomer

Great, I respect him.

I can't play guitar though I have a stratocaster :( Instead of it, I can draw.
What he said is very good advice for artist of all genre. Since a few of my drawings had sold, "what is accessible to people?" is likely to be stuck on my head...
I must draw more.

"Steve Vai fest" ? Wow, I really want to go!
Seraphim

Samuele wrote:Steve Vai interview at LIMS 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU604f4vVl0
Beef and yogurt :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hilarious :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
Stephen Brown

much thanks.
EyE

Steve Vai Festival!!! :shock:
I also have another forthcoming project, and that I'm very excited about. I was approached by the Dutch Symphony Orchestra. In October 2010, they will host a Steve Vai festival, which'll boast five days of all these Steve Vai related things (laughs). One day will see small ensembles performing my music, while another day will possibly see me with my group. Also, another day will see various friends of mine that I've performed with and played with. Two days worth of compositions with the orchestra will occur. I'm so thrilled, and so honoured. It'll take a lot of work, so I'm blocking out four months of undisturbed time.
That would be cool!! I can't waite! I assume it will take place in Holland?

Who's with me? :D
cnc74

If it takes place in Holland, I will be making that trip for sure. So, I'll be with you, John :D
c
EyE

At the AGS in Tiel Holland Steve said he would be back next year. So would this be it? ;)
bennyvx78

A steve vai festival ?? 5 days all about mr. Vai. Well he deserves it He means so much
to his fans and the world of music etc etc.
TongueNGroove

So which of you guys are the "Tone Deaf" ones?

And by the way Steve, why don't you just start the questions part by spending 1 minute to tell the whole audience what strings, picks, pickups, cables, etc you use? That way you won't get the "stupid" questions. Just for future reference ;)
T bird

So will we bee experienceng a symphonic Vai Dutch harmony or shall we be experiencing a real illusions 3>? perhaps 2? it's alway's a pleasure? 2010 warehouse album of some Illusion would bee cool to me? But whatever, I'll be there.
T.
SiPhi
Newcomer

T bird wrote: But whatever, I'll be there.
T.
I´m in too! Looking forward to new stuff an such!
Pif

You gather a group, have them in a room, make music, record that music, and subsequently release that music. There isn't much overdubs, and not a lot of big production. My records have a lot of production, so I'd like to tone that down a bit.
That is something I like to read. I loved the ALS approach, and I want to hear a more raw, direct and vulnerable Vai, with a more live feel to the band; that also means not micro-editing the tracks for months. Just go for it, remember?

Now I'm interested.