Suggested Vocalists for Next Vai Album

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Patill

GuitarStrings wrote: Or Bjork... she would fit perfectly. :)
...to what?

Has anyone ever thought about that we don´t even know any song of this album^^? Maybe there is no voice and how would Lemmy it into let´s say the 7th song i it was with vocals?
cbr1000f

Daniel Gildenlöw!!!

More info in this thread
pjaydee

If that was to happen then only one choice for me...Devin Townsend well two actually Dave Lee Roth?!
T bird

Hi, I think Mr. Vai has a wonderful voice when he sings, I really enjoy listening to him sing. A good example is Selfless Love, his vocals are beautiful. As far as a guest vocalist, I'll do it! I'd love to sing with Steve. :D
Ultraviolet

I would DEFINATELY give it a go,..

probably end up sounding like Steve,...just not as cool. Clear though,...and Warm.

Steve's singing absolutely rules. It's so unique and warm and characterized.

I also like Brad Delp(Boston) Gary Cherone, Toby Keith, Ozzy, Huey Lewis, Nick Hexum(311) Steve Tyler, and Billy Joe(Greenday) David Lee Roth, Sammy Haggar, Elvis, Buddy Holly, the Righteous Brothers

No one sounded as uniquely cool to talk to or sing with than Frank Zappa though....in all honesty. Steve definately is to me,..what Frank is to Steve.

Ultra :)
Pi2plank

Enya
Josh Groban
Ultraviolet

Have you heard my twin brother sing? 8) He Looks just like me and sounds just like me too.
I think he was singing Rescue Me or Bury be outside yesterday... he sounded cool.

lol
Ultra :)
llamahead

still listening to faith no more, still think mike patton :lol:
shiho k
Newcomer

My idea is,
1. Steve decides to start world tour.
2. He writes new songs which needs a big choir for live recording.
3. Fans join the choir in their own countries.
4. And we can find each name in the booklet of new CD.

...what do you think?
I'll take voice lesson if it would come true!

Anyway, I love his voice.
pawel

How about SV & Mike Patton on album with powerful songs and heavy riffs. ;)
They don't seem to match each other, but together they could open new chapter of music. :)

Not talking about vocalists i wonder when will Steve record with Jeff Beck, beacuse that's something they just have to do. No excuse.
eugene_martone
Newcomer

I know a few had stated an unknown as a vocalist there fore i was wondering if i were post some clips of myself up on myspace doing a few requested tunes at a club up here that has a karaoke venue and i'm not in New Orleans,... it would be Buffalo, Newyork i was wondering what would the public be intrested in hearing a vocalist do and i'd throw my own flare.
If intrested? it would be great to see a few of you post a list and i'll make an attempt to swone an ear or two by doing them and posting them. I'm not saying this would be my ticket to stardom but i would give me a goal to aspire to and let me test my vocal capabilitys. heck i just turned 38 today and feel I'm at a crossroad and need a challange to put my focus to.

till i hear from a Person or 2
Please take care,
Yours Truely,
Frank Martone :headbang
Last edited by eugene_martone on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ekim

T bird wrote:Hi, I think Mr. Vai has a wonderful voice when he sings, I really enjoy listening to him sing. A good example is Selfless Love, his vocals are beautiful.
I'll add my vote to this. Steve's voice rocks. I think he puts a great deal of emotion into his singing.

If he was bringing in someone else, I'd second Devin Townsend. What a ball of insane energy and talent. (SYL's Alien about made my brain explode)
molgolsonden

Annie Lennox
scottinomaha

llamahead wrote:Mike Patton......... yes? no?

I've been listening to faith no more lately :mrgreen:
I think it would be cool..... Do a eatem and smile meets zappa crazed album. I admit part of me would love to hear vai do a supergroup thang, The 2 vai/roth albums are still some of my favs what he did guitar wise was and is awsome.