steve on cover of new guitar world magazine. may 2009

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Jeries

only thing vai related was the attiude song

which as i said above was awful

--a few months back they had a great gear tour
you can probably find it on youtube that was great

i think the cdrom ususally sucks...
Ekim

Cool. Thanks, saved me $8.
Seraphim

I got it

I got it

I got it

I bought it last night :guitar
My girlfriend noticed that was the May 2009 issue... "but we are in April"... I told her: "Steve is always ahead of the time" :mrgreen:

Already read a few parts. The whole part of The Naked Tracks interview, ohhh the wise man from India... :wink:

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
Breeder

got it, cool interview (too short :()but rest of the magazine sucks...well I guess I wont be buying it again unless something really good comes out
saxonsmum

Jeries wrote:only thing vai related was the attiude song

which as i said above was awful

--a few months back they had a great gear tour
you can probably find it on youtube that was great

i think the cdrom ususally sucks...
Saxon just got his copy of the mag, loves the photo on the cover and is very impressed that the guitar is broken! He took it to school to show his friends in the 2nd grade, then proceeded to drive me crazy with listening to all the sv licks on the cd rom. over and over again! he hasn't found the attitude song yet..... :wink:
Ultraviolet

What I thought about the magazine,...was aside from all the other Guitar World's I have ever read,..this one would have to be by far my favorite ever. For many reasons,...

one being,..I am into the guitar more than anything,...so anything to do with Steve REALLY interests me to say little. Second,... I have always been awaiting the chance to see a glimpse of the partially articulated Vai experience,..from the Master himself. After reading the article,.. I think for some reason I feel closer to him now,..and not so fantastically seperated. We think alike. For many years,... I have been formulating the sound, the place and the way to record my material. I made all my material up for Me and my friends as well. It's different, not like anything else, but I Love it,..and so do my friends. I suppose what will continue to propell me to make my material public, will be the fact that all my friends seem to like all my songs, so I guess I will see if anyone else needs the feel.

the article was infact VERY informative, and neat but also left me curious still, somethings are not satisfied throughout the perception of written information alone I guess. I Love ALL of his pictures. and for one on looks,... a friend of mynes father was talking to me the other night about how they made the character in this "tru story" not even really resemble the actual character it was based on,...the guy was much rougher in appearance in the movie than in real life,....so they said "Yeah the guy's way too rough looking,...you know? " "They should have made someone who looks, I don't know, but you know?.....then I said..
"Ohh you mean they should have made him look more like Steve Vai then?... and they said "Yeah that's it,..you know? then I said "Smooth?" " Yeah,..like Steve Vai "said my friend Eric"

His Article was really mega killer. I loved it very much,..but wanted like 100 more pages of Beekeeping, footwear, new necks, and all the fun stuff. but I will happily take what was given,...as the article was only about "Flexable"

Watch out where the Huskys go,...

Ultra :)
Breeder

ultra is finally back :headbang
Ultraviolet

:guitar Like Arnie,... I'm back,.... :peace

Mowing the Lawn with a broken ankle,..lol (you should see the looks I get from drivers by)
dreaming of Stevie,...
finding myself,.....
and healing RAPIDLY I gather.
(evulsion fracture of right ankle>>minor break)

Just re-read the article,....
you know?,..the one where Steve is on board the Predator's Space ship??? lol
My magazine is still near mint, and square and healthy, with the exception of 2 binding creases. I keep it in my scanner when I'm asleep, or on top of my friend Lucien's 2x12 randal equipped Peavey Chorus combo.
Next to my dear Louise,.. who is in desperate need of a tune up, and a wire soldering of the volume pot,..which came on the fritz because I neglected to fix something small I noticed,..and then it turned into a bigger problem(guitar doesn't play) but I'm working on fixing it.

otherwise it might end up like the green Jem on the cover,.....lol just kidding,..
(my first guitar ended up like that after a temper tantrum,..it was a Kingston 19 fret)

I didn't know Steve was with the predators,....should have figured it though,..I mean Sheesh,..they come from outer space, have something to do with Egypt, can't tell if it's the past , present or the future,..has the coolest outfits, are the best at what they do,...and scoffs at Aliens,...and is infinitely mysterious,... totally Steve man

Ultra :)
Breeder

Ultraviolet wrote: I didn't know Steve was with the predators,....

with? he is practically a leader!

I heard he was appointed to presidential position for this part of the galaxy...you know all that little green man stuff finally worked out for him...Steve if you can hear us in outer space we plead you to come down and finally record an album...fuck the galaxy, it can wait
mayuka

so any news about the new remastered Flexable album and when its coming out? Im dying here!