does steve like metallica???

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
jsdetrait

Steve and Kirk had the same teacher : joe satriani... So, who knows, may be they met each other!
JS :wink:
davester1234

I may be totally wrong, but I think joe met kirk after he had relocated to san francisco. While Steve and Kirk have probably met, I don't think it was because they lived on the same block in long island or anything like that, or showed up to Joe's house at the same time to get their guitar strung. :)
guitar_love

kirk is not overrated imo....i think he deserves all the crdit he gets, he can shred with the best of them, ive heard him even cover a joe satriani song as a tribute to him on his birthday(or somthin like that)

When that guy plays live.....he lets ripe on stuff u never here hinm play in the studio, and it is so freakin sick!!!!! :o
*metalli-fanatic*

i think kirk hammett is a very good guitarist and there is no point in sayin sumthin like " steve is a superior guitarist to kirk hammett "

every guitarist has there own taste and style and kirk's is jus different from steve's of course! he aint overated at all, he deserves wot he gets. he can shred and play very very fast! jus download sum of his stuff dudes and u will see wot i mean!

peace out!
Ramma

Vai is an amazing guitarist, my favorite, probably one of the best ever, and although Kirk Hamett maybe good as well and so what if they both have the same teacher. But the only real way to compare Kirk and Steve is by their band playing, unless Kirk starts releasing solo albums, I dont see how there can even be an arguement. personally, i think if it came down to it, Vai is alot better than Hamet. But you'd really have to compare Vai (of the Zappa, DLR, White Snake days) to Kirk hamett now. Band playing and solo playing are to completley different types. Take Eddie Van Halen for example: Yes, they sound the same because its the same person playing the same guitar, but they are two different types of playing, same style however. When Eddie Van Halen(with the few solo songs he's released) does solo music, its different from him playing a song with band.

-Ramma :twisted:
guitar_love

Vai is an amazing guitarist, my favorite, probably one of the best ever, and although Kirk Hamett maybe good as well and so what if they both have the same teacher. But the only real way to compare Kirk and Steve is by their band playing, unless Kirk starts releasing solo albums, I dont see how there can even be an arguement. personally, i think if it came down to it, Vai is alot better than Hamet. But you'd really have to compare Vai (of the Zappa, DLR, White Snake days) to Kirk hamett now. Band playing and solo playing are to completley different types. Take Eddie Van Halen for example: Yes, they sound the same because its the same person playing the same guitar, but they are two different types of playing, same style however. When Eddie Van Halen(with the few solo songs he's released) does solo music, its different from him playing a song with band.

-Ramma
You hit the nail on the head 8)
*metalli-fanatic*

yeah!...steve is god! or jesus or an alien.
greg

Joe has asked Kirk to do G3.

Whether or not he's there, methinks Enter Sandman would make a very cool jam tune.
Ramma

He might listen to it, dunno if he'd ever play any. Where is Steve Himself when you need him to answer some questions!? J/k Stevie.

-Ramma
Zoppan
Newcomer

Eh I think Kirk is quite monotonous. Metallica is just the typical trash metal band... Some good, heavy and interesting riffs, but otherwise I think they're quite boring.

But when you listen to Steve, you never really know what you're gonna get.. I get a special feeling when I listen to Vai stuff, that I don't get when I listen to others (including Satch and Yngwie).

Yngwie for an example, is quite fast, I can't even describe the speed in some songs. But I don't think that's important at all! When I listen to Yngwie I sometimes get that "Wow!"-feeling because of the unbelieveable speed, and some songs are real great. But I think most of them sound a little boring... You get tired of all the shredding...
Both Satch and Yngwie are great guitarists though, no offense, but I like Vai more :D .
gearjunkie
Newcomer

kirk aint overrated sure steve vai kicks ass, but kirk writes some awesome well thought out solos!
*metalli-fanatic*

gearjunkie wrote:kirk aint overrated sure steve vai kicks ass, but kirk writes some awesome well thought out solos!
this guy knows wot im talkin about :lol:
guitar_love

i second daT!!!!!
Drewster

atifman wrote:he likes Korn, and Meshuggah ( i think)
he probably likes Metallica.
NOOOOOOOOOO he likes Korn??? No offence to any Korn fans.
Sliver

yeah, he said he couldn't stop hearing "untouchables" it sounded really tight as a band... :roll:. and yes i believe steve is superior to metallica and nirvana.