Original printed 1984 Mini Lessons??

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
anth377
Newcomer

Does anybody here own any of the "printed" 1984 Mini Lessons that would have been order from "Light Without Heat"?

In the little black dots section of the webpage, it mentions that they are "highly collectable" however I have yet to ever seen anyone with any besides me.
seeking 7

I have em!! I love em!!! I refer to them quite often very insightful!
anth377
Newcomer

seeking 7 wrote:I have em!! I love em!!! I refer to them quite often very insightful!
beside from me mentioning them here, do you ever hear anyone else mention them , sell them , ect...
lydian2000

hint: web pages can be printed...

:peace
anth377
Newcomer

lydian2000 wrote:hint: web pages can be printed...

:peace
You have a point but there something to be said about having the original. I can print a picture of the mona lisa online, but owning the original may feel more prestigious
R1FSR

I have them as well ..collectable to Vai fans no doubt but printed in the millions at the time so prob not worth much at all.
RAI

I believe the OP is referring to lesson sheets that was purchased directly from LWH back in the day.
I doubt those were printed "in the millions"......
anth377
Newcomer

RAI wrote:I believe the OP is referring to lesson sheets that was purchased directly from LWH back in the day.
I doubt those were printed "in the millions"......
That is in fact what i am refering to and I to find it hard to believe that they were printed in the millions. But they could have been I guess...
R1FSR

Sorry thought you was refering to the little black dot series that was in the Guitar mag .
Ekim

Richard Pike sold copies on evilBay some time ago. He said the originals were just photocopies, like he was selling. So if he's to be believed, even if you could find "the originals", they weren't anything better than what you could make at home.

I was more than a little annoyed at the time.
RAI

Of course the originals were just copies.
Steve was doing it all by himself out of his house in Sylmar.
No managers, publicists, agents, stylists, or personal assistants.
Lo-tech, old-school style......

Still, there is a difference between the "original" from Steve, or just a recent photo copy from Rich (or anyone else for that matter...).
R1FSR

Ive had many things from Richard Pike in the past if he says they are real then they are as good as you will get from anywhere if not better. :wink:

At the time if you got any Vai stuff from Rich it would be like getting stuff from Mikey ...you know it would be the real deal.
Ekim

RAI wrote:Of course the originals were just copies.
Steve was doing it all by himself out of his house in Sylmar.
No managers, publicists, agents, stylists, or personal assistants.
Lo-tech, old-school style......

Still, there is a difference between the "original" from Steve, or just a recent photo copy from Rich (or anyone else for that matter...).
You mean like NEWER PAPER? You're right. I can see why one wouldn't want a new copy!
RAI

No, I mean, that there is a difference in getting a copy that was actually from the hands of the man himself. You know, from back when he was a one-man business, with his dining room table serving as his desk.
A copy of a copy isn't quite as cool. Sure, the content is the same, but the history isn't.

It's cool to read the works of the old masters, but it would make me speechless to hold an original. Content is the same, right?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

I'm going to look at making them free PDF downloads - including all the original artwork. They shouldn't be sold on Ebay...

Another thing to add to my ever-growing list...

Mikey :)
vai.com