G3 Denver DVD Yngwies Cheeky Comment

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
EddieVanHalenRocks

I've always noticed a comment that Yngwie makes at the very end of the G3 Denver dvd when they are all standing backstage

Steve comments on Joe's Voodoo Child solo and Yngwie says " i couldn't even hear it", i always found it a bit cheeky and funny, anyone else noticed this?
Andrei Sora

Not really... He's just being arrogant...
GuitarStrings

Andrei Sora wrote:Not really... He's just being arrogant...

W H Y A R R O G A N T ?

Jesus... if he says he couldn't hear it, that's because he couldn't hear it! He's always been honest with people and with himself too.

:!:
lydian2000

EddieVanHalenRocks wrote:I've always noticed a comment that Yngwie makes at the very end of the G3 Denver dvd when they are all standing backstage

Steve comments on Joe's Voodoo Child solo and Yngwie says " i couldn't even hear it", i always found it a bit cheeky and funny, anyone else noticed this?
Yngwie compares it to the "beatles phenomenon" when you have too much people screaming in an audience you can't hear yourself despite being amplified.(The beatles coudn't hear what they were playing on stage because of the hysterical screams )

:peace
VAI05

YNGWIE ROCKS :guitar :guitar :guitar
SoundCurrents32

I met Yngwie at the London Guitar Show last weekend - I'd been told that he was quite arrogant and egotistic...

All I can say is that he didn't seem particually forthcoming. When he was signing a poster for me, he didn't look at me or ask me my name or anything - he just signed it, gave it to me, and said "No problem" when I said thanks. He also stopped people having their photo taken with him, but I think that was more because so many people wanted to meet him and he didn't want to run out of time. However from personal experience I can't really say if he's particually arrogant or not.

...on a slightly unrelated note, I can say that Paul Gilbert is possibly the nicest man I've ever met. His guitar clinic was out of this world, and when I met him, he asked me my name, asked me if I played the guitar, asked me if I had a drummer, etc...and posed for an awesome photo with me. He was also the first guitarist I've met who actually personally shook hands with everybody who went to meet him, rather that waiting to see if they put their hand out - I walked up, and straight away he extended is arm to shake my hand. He was pretty much completely opposite to how Yngwie was with me. I'm telling you, Paul is absolutely impossible to dislike...what a fantastic guy! :D

That doesn't surprise me at all, Paul seems like a great guy. I love it when a musician is that cool with his fans.