Steve's Glasses

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
SoundCurrents32

Ok, this might seem like a really wierd question...but a friend of mine (also a guitarist) has asked me to find him some glasses similar to the style Steve wears. I've had a brief look on the internet, but haven't really been able to find much.

Does anybody know where I could get hold of some glasses which can be worn indoors without looking like an MI5 agent? 8)

Cheers,
Joe
lastmohican

A friend of you.....?????
:roll:
SoundCurrents32

lol - they're not for me! Honestly! A mate of mine plays in a local band and wants some glasses to wear when he's playing in pubs.
RAI

Do a search, the subject has been covered many times...

Which glasses are you looking for?
Steve has worn many different brands from Persol, to Bolle', and even Prada.

Tell your friend to simply go to the nearest sunglass shop, and try everything in sight (no pun intended).
beyondthenotes712

I believe Steve joked about his wife making him buy "prescription Prada" sunglasses for $600. Those were the ones he wore on the last tour.
llamahead

i found some that very similar, only a color difference, at the sunglasses hut

just remember what they look like and you are sure to find them

that's how i found the latest versace ones that he wore
Azrael

I think that the glasses, along with some of the other stuff he wears, is custom made clothing/accessories. Most rockstars don't wear stuff that's mass-produced in Indonesian factories.