Steve's iTunes catalog not complete

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
NorthernMartin
Newcomer

Steve's iTunes catalog not complete

#1 Post by NorthernMartin » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:32 am

Hello,

I'm new to the board (well kinda).
I just got myself a new laptop and was willing to purchase Steve's music through iTunes because I love his entire 'oeuvre'. Secondly, even though I do have a large part of his catalog on CD and DVD, I do think it's both fair and easier to buy them online if one wants to listen to it on his or her computer,iPod of whatever portable format you prefer.
I was a bit sadenned to see that I couldn't find 'Whispering a prayer' , a song that I truly adore, on iTunes (as well as the entire Alive in an ultra world album). Mind you, I could easily take out my CD version off the shelf and make a MP3 out of it, but I found sad that fans don't have access to this Grammy-nominated song through iTunes.

RAI

#2 Post by RAI » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:31 am

While I share your views on downloading, it is your legal right to put the songs from the CD into your iTunes library.

Now, I did find "Alive..." on there, with no effort.

NorthernMartin
Newcomer

#3 Post by NorthernMartin » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:48 am

Tell me how you did it, cuz I just gave it another try after reading your reply and still couldn't find it.
We're still talking about iTunes right?

Thanks BTW

RAI

#4 Post by RAI » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:08 am

I searched "Steve Vai", and then on the left side, I clicked on "Steve Vai" in the search results....

Voila!

NorthernMartin
Newcomer

#5 Post by NorthernMartin » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:21 am

Nope...doesn't work.
I have a feeling that since I live in Canada, I don't have access to the whole catalog...would it be possible?

Zongadude

#6 Post by Zongadude » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:15 pm

NorthernMartin wrote:Nope...doesn't work.
I have a feeling that since I live in Canada, I don't have access to the whole catalog...would it be possible?
It's more than possible, it is so. Each country has it's own iTunes Store Catalog, based on specific copyrights.
Here in France the iTunes Store doesn't have some tracks that are available on iTunes USA or even iTunes Uk. And there's no way to solve this out (except moving to another country, lol.)

Fortunately, as you said, we still have the cds.

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#7 Post by Mikey » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:05 pm

For all new and upcoming Vai additions to iTunes (which we'll tell you more about soon,) they will be available in all iTunes Music Stores.

The lack of Vai releases in some countries' iTunes stores is to do with the label in each country. Why they can't get their shit together on this is beyond me.. but it's very frustrating.

Mikey :)
vai.com

acoates

#8 Post by acoates » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:44 pm

Since when has the music industry been logical? Well, maybe there was a time, but it was so...so long ago *wistful gaze*