Plays the Stones "Bitch" on Letterman?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
joyfulchap
Newcomer

I recall that he played with "the band" on a Letterman anniversary show, and when they came back from break, they were playing the Stones' "Bitch" and doing such a spectacular job, that Dave motioned to keep jammin' all the way through to the next commercial break. Does anyone know where i can get this clip?

thx,

pattreek
miker

I only know of his being on Letterman once, in 1990... when P&W went gold. He played "Ballerina," did a wild solo, and closed with "Liberty."

Was he on Letterman another time?
EyE

What Miker said. He's been on Leno aswell when S&R came out. Nice clip aswell.
Zebula77

Links, anyone?
litlgrnman

joyfulchap wrote:I recall that he played with "the band" on a Letterman anniversary show, and when they came back from break, they were playing the Stones' "Bitch" and doing such a spectacular job, that Dave motioned to keep jammin' all the way through to the next commercial break. Does anyone know where i can get this clip?
if true would be VERY interseted in seeing this!
leigh01

JorgeOliveira wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BFzZoa2vq0

check it
Awesome :D
litlgrnman

Sweet lovin!
:mrgreen:

Wish we would see Steve on Letterman now-a-days as well.
guyver_dio

Steven Vai ladies and gentlemen
BlindVision48

Then there was that fateful day we played The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Nothing felt right and I went against my feeling on almost every issue. Right before we took to the stage I was on the phone settling a painful and costly litigation. That night I sat in my living room and watched the show. After our performance it all came to me. I saw every blunder I made and it all stemmed from me letting my ego go against my better judgment. I fell to the floor, curled into a ball and thought, "What have I done?" It was a low point.

Its about Sex & Religion
joyfulchap
Newcomer

I just came across more information....it was Letterman's 10th anniversary show. If I recall, Steve Vai was not a guest, but part of the special band put together for the show. I got chills listening to the jam coming back from the commercial break, and was shocked (although less so with Dave) that he just waved them on....it was that good!

pattreek
miker

RM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF9HZkBQ ... re=related

Is this the one you were thinking of pattreek?
joyfulchap
Newcomer

Yep! That's the one. Although in that clip it only shows part of performance, it did remind me again of how much i liked it. Thanks! Maybe there's a boot out there?

pattreek
miker

Wow... I never saw that before.

I sure miss the "old" Dave. yah. pretty much.