SIX FINGER HAND-PRINT

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Message
Author
User avatar
RAI
Member
Member
Posts: 3195
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:23 pm
Location: Mooresville, NC
Contact:

#16 Post by RAI » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:10 pm

IbanezGRX wrote:Lol nice photoshopped picture Zeds.Ded . And no he doesnt have 11 fingers lol
That photo (the live shot) is not Photoshopped, and shows clearly that Steve has only 5 fingers on either hand.
Please, let this not turn into a "secret sauce" thread......
8)


Image

User avatar
Big Bad Bill
Member
Member
Posts: 4071
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:40 am
Location: Honley UK

#17 Post by Big Bad Bill » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:21 am

Use your eyes, everyone and not your brains. I can clearly see the base of six fingers.Mikey has clearly Photoshopped the end of them out.

User avatar
call_of_ktulu
Member
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:54 am
Location: Karachi, Pakistan

#18 Post by call_of_ktulu » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:53 am

i have seen in videos that he has only 5 fingers, do u think that mikey removes his sixth finger from everyframe of the video???

funnyguy12
Member
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:35 pm

#19 Post by funnyguy12 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:54 am

Yea, zeds picture only shows him having 4 fingers. An index, middle, ring, and pinky.

I still think its a joke. Maybe its that one joke "how many fingers do i have?" and they say "10?", and you say, "No, i have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs" . He has 4 fingers and 1 thumb on his left hand.

Please BBB, i love steve vai's music and that makes him my guitar idol. but im not going to believe that the reason he plays so good is because he has 5 fingers on his left hand (and one thumb). He is musically inclind and a prodigy. And he used to practice for days on end till he got everything right.

User avatar
notavirtuoso
Member
Member
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:56 pm

#20 Post by notavirtuoso » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:55 am

They're gonna come for you Bill, you better watch out. Beware of the JeVai Mind Trick.

User avatar
theollieb
Member
Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:49 am
Location: Summit, NJ
Contact:

#21 Post by theollieb » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:54 pm

Image Did you guys miss this picture somehow? 5 fingers clearly shown and this is obviously a recent picture...

Ugur Dariveren
Member
Member
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 5:47 pm
Location: TURKEY, Istanbul
Contact:

#22 Post by Ugur Dariveren » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:26 pm

Hillarious topic!

6 Finger left hand is just kinda Steve Vai joke.

User avatar
lydian2000
Member
Member
Posts: 1508
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:43 am
Location: Brittany, France.

#23 Post by lydian2000 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:46 am

funnyguy12 wrote:Yea, zeds picture only shows him having 4 fingers. An index, middle, ring, and pinky.

I still think its a joke. Maybe its that one joke "how many fingers do i have?" and they say "10?", and you say, "No, i have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs" . He has 4 fingers and 1 thumb on his left hand.

Please BBB, i love steve vai's music and that makes him my guitar idol. but im not going to believe that the reason he plays so good is because he has 5 fingers on his left hand (and one thumb). He is musically inclind and a prodigy. And he used to practice for days on end till he got everything right.
what's your vai.com member name again?

User avatar
Big Bad Bill
Member
Member
Posts: 4071
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:40 am
Location: Honley UK

#24 Post by Big Bad Bill » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:06 am

I have a copy of that original photo-don't ask how I go it-lets just say that after several boxes of donuts, Mikey tends to get sleepy and a small person, perhaps a dwarf, can sneak past him and into the 'lair of the Vai' and rummage around in drawers and paper bins-
Image
So what the hell is this? Steve's tucked his sixth finger behind the fretboard to save m Mikey hours of toil with Photoshop but he didn't realise it was sticking over the top. I'm not saying Steve's an amazing player and thus an idol to all of us on this board because he has six fingers, I'm just saying that it has helped with his virutosity.

Zeds.Ded
Member
Member
Posts: 1425
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Ireland

#25 Post by Zeds.Ded » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:25 pm

thats fascinating Bill isn't it :)

Ugur Dariveren
Member
Member
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 5:47 pm
Location: TURKEY, Istanbul
Contact:

#26 Post by Ugur Dariveren » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:10 pm

I've 7 fingers.

Zeds.Ded
Member
Member
Posts: 1425
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Ireland

#27 Post by Zeds.Ded » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:56 pm

ya but your not of this earth Ugur! :P

funnyguy12
Member
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:35 pm

#28 Post by funnyguy12 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:42 pm

Big Bad Bill wrote:I have a copy of that original photo-don't ask how I go it-lets just say that after several boxes of donuts, Mikey tends to get sleepy and a small person, perhaps a dwarf, can sneak past him and into the 'lair of the Vai' and rummage around in drawers and paper bins-
Image
So what the hell is this? Steve's tucked his sixth finger behind the fretboard to save m Mikey hours of toil with Photoshop but he didn't realise it was sticking over the top. I'm not saying Steve's an amazing player and thus an idol to all of us on this board because he has six fingers, I'm just saying that it has helped with his virutosity.
so your saying he has 2 thumbs. How does that enable him to play so well. my friend has 2 thumbs(not even joking, its fucking awesome) but the only upside to it is he can mute the strings when he sweeps. IT DOES NOT MAKE HIM FAST AND MELODIC. just cleaner. He is good because he practices.

NantucketSleighrider
Member
Member
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:03 pm

#29 Post by NantucketSleighrider » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:30 am

funnyguy12 wrote:so your saying he has 2 thumbs. How does that enable him to play so well. my friend has 2 thumbs(not even joking, its fucking awesome)
I too have 2 thumbs, one on each hand.

mr_vai777
Member
Member
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:34 am
Location: Swindon, United Kingdom
Contact:

#30 Post by mr_vai777 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:25 am

haha that picture (the hand print) is way old, i remember seeing it years ago and its pretty funny. he doesnt actually have 5 fingers though, its a joke.

Post Reply