3rd G artists for NEXT G3 tour

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
KillerArtist

I would love to see Uli Jon Roth do a whole G3 tour with Vai and Satch. :D
bluesbreaker

Luan wrote:
EyesOfFire0221 wrote:I think Sitarist ravi Shankar should do A G3
eventhough he is not a guitarist i think it would be awesome
to see Satch Vai, and Ravi 2gehter being that im a big fan of Hindustani music. it would be so cool to see what they come up with

Call me Crazy lol

Tiffany
Crazy!! :P

Here in Argentina we had problems with robbert fripp, because his music is weird, so you can imagine what could happen is someone comes and plays hindustanic music for people that listens to satch and vai, and wants to listen to them.
I love the music from India, but it's a very different world from what Vai and Satch does.

Regarding the topic, I choose John 5
che luan como estas? Mi nombre en castellano es Miguel. Naci en Taiwan pero creci en Buenps Aires. yo soy de river. Lastima que Argentina haya perdido con brazil......... :x
Y tocas la viola che?
Ahora estoy en Boston, EEUU. Gradue en una universidad aqui. El mes que viene me iire a Taiwan para buscar laburo porque aqui no pude encontrar nada.
Bueno ojala que no te ha sorprendido tanto por escribirte en castellano. Si queres podemos comunicarnos en mensaje privado.
Un saludo y feliz Dia de la Independencia!
Miguel
bluesbreaker

Sorry for the Spanish though. :P
lydian7

Allan Holdsworth.
Jonesy038

Satch said recently that as far as he's concerned, G3 is now fixed as himself, Vai and Petrucci until any one of them decide they don't want to do it anymore. He also said they are both very much looking forward to doing more G3 tours, so it seems that this might be the line-up for a long time :D :D :D
Luan

bluesbreaker wrote:
Luan wrote:
EyesOfFire0221 wrote:I think Sitarist ravi Shankar should do A G3
eventhough he is not a guitarist i think it would be awesome
to see Satch Vai, and Ravi 2gehter being that im a big fan of Hindustani music. it would be so cool to see what they come up with

Call me Crazy lol

Tiffany
Crazy!! :P

Here in Argentina we had problems with robbert fripp, because his music is weird, so you can imagine what could happen is someone comes and plays hindustanic music for people that listens to satch and vai, and wants to listen to them.
I love the music from India, but it's a very different world from what Vai and Satch does.

Regarding the topic, I choose John 5
che luan como estas? Mi nombre en castellano es Miguel. Naci en Taiwan pero creci en Buenps Aires. yo soy de river. Lastima que Argentina haya perdido con brazil......... :x
Y tocas la viola che?
Ahora estoy en Boston, EEUU. Gradue en una universidad aqui. El mes que viene me iire a Taiwan para buscar laburo porque aqui no pude encontrar nada.
Bueno ojala que no te ha sorprendido tanto por escribirte en castellano. Si queres podemos comunicarnos en mensaje privado.
Un saludo y feliz Dia de la Independencia!
Miguel
Hola loco! jaja

Yo en realidad soy brasilero, mis viejos son argentinos, asique no la pase tan mal al ver el partido argentina brasil.
Si, yo toco guitarra, tengo una ibanez que estoy vendiendo, y estoy muy interesado en la Rg 1527, de 7 cuerdas, vere si llego con la guita para comprarmela.
Esta bueno que haya gente que hable español aka en el foro, igual no creo que sea muy bueno poder hablar mucho en español, los otros se van a enojar :P

Bueno, suerte!
alienillusions
Banned

KillerArtist wrote:I would love to see Uli Jon Roth do a whole G3 tour with Vai and Satch. :D
It's been done...
alienillusions
Banned

Jonesy038 wrote:Satch said recently that as far as he's concerned, G3 is now fixed as himself, Vai and Petrucci until any one of them decide they don't want to do it anymore. He also said they are both very much looking forward to doing more G3 tours, so it seems that this might be the line-up for a long time :D :D :D
Where'd you read this?
Jonesy038

It was in a recent Satch interview, I'll see if I can dig out the link...
fyrie

I'd like to see any of the following:
Petrucci,
Reeves Gabrels,
Neal Schon,
Paulo Gilberto
saxaxe

I only saw one person say Greg Howe!! Id go for him.
Gastric Sumo

Jonesy038 wrote:Satch said recently that as far as he's concerned, G3 is now fixed as himself, Vai and Petrucci until any one of them decide they don't want to do it anymore. He also said they are both very much looking forward to doing more G3 tours, so it seems that this might be the line-up for a long time :D :D :D
That's funny, because I read an interview with Steve Vai (Sometime just before Real Illusions) where he said he didn't think he was going to do another G3. I'll have to try to dig it up as well. Carlos Santana, Nuno, or eddie, or PG. Fo Sho
Gastric Sumo

I can't find the interview, there are way too many but I guess since there is going to be a 2005 G3 Japan, he must have changed his mind.
MachineHead

GuitarStrings wrote:
sfuller96 wrote:Having seen last nights performance on G3'03, and seeing a technically competent, but what I felt was a soulless and repetitive performance by Yngwie, I started to think of other artists I would have rather had in that 3rd 'G Spot'. They went back a bit in time picking Yngwie. The two that came to mind out of that era, and are still capable of touring, would have been George Lynch of Dokken and Marty Friedman. George's Mr. Scary was a pretty decent piece, but I'm not sure if he would have a suitable amount of material, though it might not be too hard for him to fill a 45 minute set. I know that Marty has a good collection of solo material, plus all of the stuff he did with Jason Becker in Cacophony. I think he would make a great addtion to the bill. Any other thoughs of artists, from the past or present that could still fill the 3rd G?

Steve Fuller

E R I C C L A P T O N would be coo... emmm... interesting!

STEVE MORSE would be a good choice too!
Steve Morse would be perfect choice.
Gastric Sumo

That reminds me, I have a Steve Morse instructional video somewhere in my closet that I've had for a while, but rarely ever watched. I think I'll dig it out and see if I can't pick up some more of his "Hot Licks." LOL! :lol: