3rd G artists for NEXT G3 tour

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Post Reply
sfuller96
Newcomer
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:47 pm

Having seen last nights performance on G3'03, and seeing a technically competent, but what I felt was a soulless and repetitive performance by Yngwie, I started to think of other artists I would have rather had in that 3rd 'G Spot'. They went back a bit in time picking Yngwie. The two that came to mind out of that era, and are still capable of touring, would have been George Lynch of Dokken and Marty Friedman. George's Mr. Scary was a pretty decent piece, but I'm not sure if he would have a suitable amount of material, though it might not be too hard for him to fill a 45 minute set. I know that Marty has a good collection of solo material, plus all of the stuff he did with Jason Becker in Cacophony. I think he would make a great addtion to the bill. Any other thoughs of artists, from the past or present that could still fill the 3rd G?

Steve Fuller
davester1234
Member
Member
Posts: 931
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:45 pm

1 word:

NUNO.
TongueNGroove
Member
Member
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:38 pm

Yah NUNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ds23pallas
Member
Member
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:29 am

Buckethead? Or what about someone like Kenneally?
kettil
Member
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:57 am

There already are tons of discussions like this… but I'll say

Mattias IA Eklundh
Plook
Member
Member
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:37 am

I would personally love to see Steve dump Satch too and take Paul Gilbert and Nuno.

I would sell one of my kidneys to see that one.
User avatar
Moderator777
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:40 pm

Plook wrote:I would personally love to see Steve dump Satch too and take Paul Gilbert and Nuno.
I doubt this would happen since Satch's crew are the ones who operate G3. 8)

--------------
Liels paldies,

Moderator777
www.vai.com
davester1234
Member
Member
Posts: 931
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:45 pm

No satch??

No thanks! :)

But I'd be happy if others JOINED him!
hawk
Newcomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:30 pm

Tony MacAlpine
GuitarStrings
Member
Member
Posts: 795
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:05 pm

sfuller96 wrote:Having seen last nights performance on G3'03, and seeing a technically competent, but what I felt was a soulless and repetitive performance by Yngwie, I started to think of other artists I would have rather had in that 3rd 'G Spot'. They went back a bit in time picking Yngwie. The two that came to mind out of that era, and are still capable of touring, would have been George Lynch of Dokken and Marty Friedman. George's Mr. Scary was a pretty decent piece, but I'm not sure if he would have a suitable amount of material, though it might not be too hard for him to fill a 45 minute set. I know that Marty has a good collection of solo material, plus all of the stuff he did with Jason Becker in Cacophony. I think he would make a great addtion to the bill. Any other thoughs of artists, from the past or present that could still fill the 3rd G?

Steve Fuller

E R I C C L A P T O N would be coo... emmm... interesting!

STEVE MORSE would be a good choice too!
wintonsmith1984
Member
Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:11 pm

-Eddie Van Halen
-Bumblefoot
-Mattias Eklundh
Zappatrazz
Newcomer
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:33 am

Greg Howe
User avatar
bob mac
Member
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:45 pm

wintonsmith1984 wrote:-Eddie Van Halen
-Bumblefoot
-Mattias Eklundh
Eddie WHO??? Oh, that guy that inspired a generation of guitar players that has done NOTHING in 5 YEARS!! Whatta waste of TALENT!!
kettil
Member
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:57 am

bob mac wrote:
wintonsmith1984 wrote:-Eddie Van Halen
-Bumblefoot
-Mattias Eklundh
Eddie WHO??? Oh, that guy that inspired a generation of guitar players that has done NOTHING in 5 YEARS!! Whatta waste of TALENT!!
He actually does a solo or two on the upcoming Santamental record from Steve Lukather
shader
Member
Member
Posts: 1128
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:52 pm

Paul Gilbert
Eric Clapton
Phil Keaggy
Jimmy Page

or better yet have Steve do 2 sets :)
Post Reply