3rd G artists for NEXT G3 tour

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
sfuller96
Newcomer

Having seen last nights performance on G3'03, and seeing a technically competent, but what I felt was a soulless and repetitive performance by Yngwie, I started to think of other artists I would have rather had in that 3rd 'G Spot'. They went back a bit in time picking Yngwie. The two that came to mind out of that era, and are still capable of touring, would have been George Lynch of Dokken and Marty Friedman. George's Mr. Scary was a pretty decent piece, but I'm not sure if he would have a suitable amount of material, though it might not be too hard for him to fill a 45 minute set. I know that Marty has a good collection of solo material, plus all of the stuff he did with Jason Becker in Cacophony. I think he would make a great addtion to the bill. Any other thoughs of artists, from the past or present that could still fill the 3rd G?

Steve Fuller
davester1234

1 word:

NUNO.
TongueNGroove

Yah NUNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ds23pallas

Buckethead? Or what about someone like Kenneally?
kettil

There already are tons of discussions like this… but I'll say

Mattias IA Eklundh
Plook

I would personally love to see Steve dump Satch too and take Paul Gilbert and Nuno.

I would sell one of my kidneys to see that one.
Moderator777

Plook wrote:I would personally love to see Steve dump Satch too and take Paul Gilbert and Nuno.
I doubt this would happen since Satch's crew are the ones who operate G3. 8)

--------------
Liels paldies,

Moderator777
www.vai.com
davester1234

No satch??

No thanks! :)

But I'd be happy if others JOINED him!
hawk
Newcomer

Tony MacAlpine
GuitarStrings

sfuller96 wrote:Having seen last nights performance on G3'03, and seeing a technically competent, but what I felt was a soulless and repetitive performance by Yngwie, I started to think of other artists I would have rather had in that 3rd 'G Spot'. They went back a bit in time picking Yngwie. The two that came to mind out of that era, and are still capable of touring, would have been George Lynch of Dokken and Marty Friedman. George's Mr. Scary was a pretty decent piece, but I'm not sure if he would have a suitable amount of material, though it might not be too hard for him to fill a 45 minute set. I know that Marty has a good collection of solo material, plus all of the stuff he did with Jason Becker in Cacophony. I think he would make a great addtion to the bill. Any other thoughs of artists, from the past or present that could still fill the 3rd G?

Steve Fuller

E R I C C L A P T O N would be coo... emmm... interesting!

STEVE MORSE would be a good choice too!
wintonsmith1984

-Eddie Van Halen
-Bumblefoot
-Mattias Eklundh
Zappatrazz
Newcomer

Greg Howe
bob mac

wintonsmith1984 wrote:-Eddie Van Halen
-Bumblefoot
-Mattias Eklundh
Eddie WHO??? Oh, that guy that inspired a generation of guitar players that has done NOTHING in 5 YEARS!! Whatta waste of TALENT!!
kettil

bob mac wrote:
wintonsmith1984 wrote:-Eddie Van Halen
-Bumblefoot
-Mattias Eklundh
Eddie WHO??? Oh, that guy that inspired a generation of guitar players that has done NOTHING in 5 YEARS!! Whatta waste of TALENT!!
He actually does a solo or two on the upcoming Santamental record from Steve Lukather
shader

Paul Gilbert
Eric Clapton
Phil Keaggy
Jimmy Page

or better yet have Steve do 2 sets :)