"Sound Theories" New Album

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
HeBoMan

Mikey wrote:"Is It Over Yet" was renamed "Shadows and Sparks".

Mikey
vai.com
Aha!!! That makes it a lot clearer again! Thanks for that, Mikey. :)

Also: the artwork looks great. Good job!

Cheers, Henk
fineweather

Prezidentman

Heard the album yesterday, beautifully mixed and mastered, it must have taken Steve a great amount of time and effort because it really sounds GRAND. BUT there's little here that I haven't already heard/seen in one form or the other...perhaps the dvd version will be different, but I doubt it will significantly differ from the NPS broadcasts..It's nice to finally have the orchestra stuff properly released, it just doesn't fully satisfy my hunger for a new studio guitar based Steve Vai record I've been waiting for since say the Ultra Zone.
Claus P

Prezidentman wrote:Heard the album yesterday, beautifully mixed and mastered, it must have taken Steve a great amount of time and effort because it really sounds GRAND.
Sorry, but where have you heard the album? It's supposed to be released the 26th this month :?:
Prezidentman

Recording companies recieve promo copies before the release dates :wink:
slash89

Prezidentman wrote:Recording companies recieve promo copies before the release dates :wink:
And you work in a recording company?
Prezidentman

Not exactly, not that it matters, but I was invited to a listening session when the album arrived. Nevertheless, I'll definitely be buying this album along with the dvd.
lydian2000

lol.
Zeds.Ded

Prezidentman wrote:Not exactly, not that it matters, but I was invited to a listening session when the album arrived. Nevertheless, I'll definitely be buying this album along with the dvd.

LUCKY!!!!!!!!
lester

cant wait for the DVD! :twisted:
EyE

HeBoMan wrote:Frangelica is a very nice piece of music that is much harder to recognize as a Vai song. In fact, it's rather jazzy!
That's one of my favorite songs from the Aching Hunger Project! That second part does have a jazzy feel to it. I love it!!
HeBoMan wrote:Is It Over Yet, that I like a lot! It contains a cool violin solo played by a lady that could've been your mum!
Funny how it's called now "Shadows and....Sparks"! But I love that song aswell! I realy like it how songs such as "There's a Fire In The House", "Incantation" and "Bangkok" are weaved into this song, amazing!! But still by far my favorite would have to be "I'm Becomming"!!
:wink:
salamancafiesta

Mr. Canadian wrote:
Mikey wrote:
quiksilver98 wrote:What do you guy think the new album will be like? I heard there is going to be a lot of the orchestra stuff in it.

Preordered mine :)
It's ALL orchestra stuff.

Mikey
vai.com
Hey Mikey, is there anywhere on the net that offers some sound clips/samples?
http://www.stevevaimusic.com/

Enjoy!
EyE

Ooooww how that does bring back memories man!! One off those many shows that will always stay with you. Enjoy this because it is a joy for your ears. And the visual joy will be there in August. You won't disappointed :wink:
prman

There`s a nice double meaning in the album title. It can mean theories regarding sound or theories that are profound, thorough... sound. Cool!
poemind
Newcomer

Yeah, I'm a big fan of double entendres too!