"Alien Love Secrets on Steroids"

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
dweezil 9

I remember Vai speaking about this as a possible theme for a new album he would release. Also several other projects he'd like to release. Now that he's releasing this album with him playing with metrepole orchestra I was wondering whether we'll see any of these other projects any time soon?

I'm not being a dick or anything, I think it's neat that this album and DVD is coming out, but i feel a lot of people have already seen it recorded from tv, and it's not a lot of new material.

Just interested to know whether this means those other projects will now wait untill after the tour he's doing soon. Also, which album is he touring this year? Wouldn't it be difficult to tour Sound Theories without the orchestra?
mayuka

he is touring this year for the Sounds cd. And his next project steve is doing I belive is Real Illusions 2. That or the RI dvd, im not sure. But I hope steve isnt going to forget about the ALS on steroids, that sounded so cool.
amanvai

I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, this tour is to promote Sound Theories, but more than that its just a chance to tour and for us lucky folks to go to a Vai show since he'll be pretty busy for the next couple of years. Besides, I think with String Theories there are some new possibilites that the band will bring to a live show.

As for future releases, I think the Real Illusions tour DVD is in the works, or Real Illusions 2, or...?? There's a lot going on and there are a lot of possibilites, which could probably be one of the reasons that Steve Vai will be so busy over the next few years.

A.
Jem22

Yeah, he has SO many projects going on... his life must never have a dull moment!
slash89

Jem22 wrote:Yeah, he has SO many projects going on... his life must never have a dull moment!
Yeah, it's quite amazing that he manages to surprise and please his fans time after time, year after year :) A wonderful person and musican!