Sound Theories Digipak Pre-Sale and Aftershow Pass Contest!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Mr Clark

Sorry mate but, appart from the language, they are 100% right, it's really saddening to see this opportunity go down the drain because of a bunch of babboons from the local zoo :roll:
As a fan i feel ashamed on behalf of the people who have no shame at all :(
PSD

ZappaIrl wrote::shock: no need for that language. ive had it up to my neck with this forum..... when another point of view is treated like this. ye can keep the bloody thing!
The truth hurts eh? Why don't you and Matt-the-Twat go screw up another fan site. Better yet, just go.
miker

ZappaIrl wrote::shock: no need for that language. ive had it up to my neck with this forum..... when another point of view is treated like this. ye can keep the bloody thing!
That's good to hear. You are one of the asshats I'm talking about -- unfortunately, there are quite a few others.

You've done more harm than good here. You've done quite enough.

I use vulgar language when I am very pissed off -- a shortcoming of mine. But, I'm not apologizing to you for it... no. Not at all. Your greedy, self absorbed posts are far more profane than anything I have written in my over 1500 posts here. It's a real embarassment to be in the same forum with people like you.

It is a complete waste of time to try and have a constructive diatribe with some people.

Please go away. I hear the Linda Ronstadt forum is looking for new members.

P.S. Steve Vai wrote a song about people like you. It's called, "Fuck Yourself" What say you go give it a listen :wink: .
Zeds.Ded

miker wrote: I hear the Linda Ronstadt forum is looking for new members.
haha classic bit of Zappa material there, how ironic :wink:
brentm

There's no need to resort to personal insults or "FLAMES". It's that type of behavior that forces a moderators hand and locks a thread.

Besides, it doesnt reflect well upon you either. No matter how many posts you've contributed.
miker

I'm sorry. I felt my response was appropriate and warranted.
Last edited by miker on Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
litlgrnman

jemgirl

eledance wrote:Man!!
38 pages on this tread, if you ask me (you don't) this is the last time Mikey organizes something (bonus) like this, all this comment :evil:
Rob.
indeed rob,
its a shame that a bonus (like the aftershow-pass) makes this tread to a horrible thing to read.
let us all who bought the digipack enjoy the beautiful music steve putted on!
let us all who`s got the aftershowpass enjoy to meet the master!

please stop complain!!!!!!
bilbo--baggins

Sending out 2500 aftershow passes with terms that the passes cannot be transferred to another person, and expecting nobody to break the terms is pretty naive in my opinion. It was always going to happen.

Advertising the digipacks with a 1 in 4 chance of winning an aftershow pass really just looks like a way of boosting sales.

They would have been better off keeping quiet about the aftershow passes, and just slipping them into some of the digipacks, or the first ones sent out. Then it would be an amazing surprise, it would go to the true fans who wanted the digipack as a special collectors edition, and it's purpose would be clear - a bonus over and above what anyone could have expected.

Not wanting to be too critical (because around here I'm bound to get flamed) I think that the way this was run is as much to blame as the way people have behaved who ordered the digipacks.

Still no CD's here by the way. Anyone else who pre-ordered still not received theirs?
cbr1000f

Let's make this thread a possitive one!
Thanks Steve, Mikey & other people of the crew for making this happen. Really!!!!!!!!!!!
bilbo--baggins wrote:Sending out 2500 aftershow passes with terms that the passes cannot be transferred to another person, and expecting nobody to break the terms is pretty naive in my opinion. It was always going to happen.
I think it all started with a wonderful idea: "Making a lot of die-hard fans happy". It's that simple.
Steve has always been very grateful to his fans (who he sees as friends, family,...). About the "naive" thing...well sometimes in his behaviour towards his fans Steve can be pretty naive (and unselfish). But what is naivety? To me, it's not a negative word, it certainly isn't a synonym of being stupid. Naivety lies in the sphere of pure goodness and believing in the goodness of people. Naivety is very common among people who would never harm people themselves. People who are pure, people who believe in the innocence of others (especially their die-hard fans...). It's something that is inside a person.
It's all about peace and love & good happiness stuff ...anybody?!!? :? When you have read almost every single interview or read or heard almost every testimony of people meeting him or if you already had the chance to meet the guy yourself ... well you know...real fans know who he is and what he stands for.
This whole thing turning out to be something ugly (which is in total contrast with the original main goal) simply will make a person like Steve very disappointed. :cry: Although I really would like to nuance all of this (and Steve, I sincerely hope you're doing this too!!). I haven't read the whole thread, but I think few people are making accusations at the address of Steve & Mikey. Most are blaming FedEx or Seenon and some people feel they are the victim of these circumstances. And I think some of the people here were just writing off their frustrations in an impulsive outburst (and maybe regretted some of the stuff they wrote afterwards).
But back to the main goal of my post:
Let's boost this thread with possitive thoughts concerning the aftershow passes and make Steve happy again!!!
:D

Dirk 'CBR1000F'
camitelli
Newcomer

^ I definatly appriciate the backstage pass offer, awesome oppurtunity to meet Steve for the die hard fans. It sucks that alot of people moaned and whined though, just be happy.
sisterinlaw

For what it's worth: Shipping does not include taxes. Got a bill in the snailmail today from FedEx for taxes. €7 for the t-shirt. So probably another bill will be on it's way for the digipack.

So Mikey/Jeroen: I don't know if you're still investigating the high (international) shipping cost. But maybe it's good for you to know about this bill. If I remember correctly taxes was said to be one of the main causes for the high shipping costs.

NB: I do not complain! I am not unhappy or angry or whatever. I do not blame vai.com or it's crew. It is just a message for you guys to take notice of. I am, like many others, very sad about what is happening / what has happened with the aftershow passes.
jam-man

I bought my copy today...masterpiece...I never ever thought FTLOG can sound even more beautiful...

GREAT WORK STEVE & HOLLAND METROPOLE ORCHESTRA!
Zeds.Ded

i might be wrong but doesn't every shipment to come out of America be taxed at 21%?
sisterinlaw

Zeds.Ded wrote:i might be wrong but doesn't every shipment to come out of America be taxed at 21%?
Ordered stuff from the US before, never got a taxbill.