Sound Theories Digipak Pre-Sale and Aftershow Pass Contest!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
PSD

ZappaIrl wrote:people just want what they pay for. :)
I'm specifically talking about the Meet and Greet. Which was a complimentary deal. There are "rights" (what you pay for) and there are "privileges". Too much related to the latter comes across as bitching and complaining and isn't constructive.
Zeds.Ded

what you payed for was the CD, the pass was free basically, because you payed the same amount for the CD with the pass in it, as well as the CD without the pass
Matt-the-twat
Newcomer

Exactly. With the pass in it, the pricing is worth it and I would buy it, even with the ridiculous shipping costs, however, if I bought it and found that it did not have a pass in then I just bought an album for 4 times the normal amount of buying a popular album. I've seen the album, my friend has it, I could just get the songs copied from his, but he has a pass and we're going to a Vai concert together soon, I am willing to pay the ~£40 for the album+pass, but if there was no pass then I would be gutted that I had spent £40 on something that I didn't need to buy in the first place. Please bear in mind that I am only 15, I do not have a salary, so the money I have isn't so disposable, £40 for just a CD would be ridiculous, and a careless way to spend my money. As it is I have opted to wait for the ~hour that it will take for the meet & greet to end and then meet up with my friend again, I'm just happy to have the chance to go see him live really. I would like to know if there was anywhere I could wait for my friend though whilst he's meeting Steve.

Call me 'selfish' but at the end of the day I want to pay and be a proper fan, but at the same time I don't want to be ripped off, coming from a favourite artist of mine that would leave a bitter taste in my mouth that would be hard to swallow.
eledance

Man!!
38 pages on this tread, if you ask me (you don't) this is the last time Mikey organizes something (bonus) like this, all this comment :evil:
Rob.
slash89

If that is the case, then I want to personally thank Mikey and everybody else who made an effort in this project. I really appreciated it :)
miker

Yah. People really take liberties with their interpretation of privileges being granted them.

People have posted that they should be able to record video of the concert (like they have a God given right to be able to make their own personal bootlegs -- because after all they paid for the concert ticket with their own hard earned cash!!!) and crazy shit like that. Like they are above the law... and like, Steve has to let the fans do what they want or he wouldn't have a job without his fans.

They paid their money for the meet and greet pass and they should be able to do whatever they want to with it... and who cares what is written on the passes because like, "Hey Vai.com people, FU... you can't police me anyways. I'ma do what I want!!!"

The way some people think is just... totally fucked up. I don't have any other words to describe it.

Don't place expectations on other people's behavior and you won't be disappointed -- I have to keep reminding myself of that.

This is the 2nd meet and greet I've seen here... and the 2nd time I've seen the train get derailed off the tracks.

Just... so... sad. Such vulgar displays of selfishness... from people who only show up when Steve and Mikey try to do something for the fans. You asshats spoil it for everyone.
Last edited by miker on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bilbo--baggins

Thankfully I'm not remotely interested in football (English soccer), but I believe that football fans get ripped off big time. Even if we bought everything going relating to Steve Vai we would only spend a tiny fraction of what some of these football fans spend. We should consider ourselves lucky!

Still waiting for the CD's by the way. The email from seenon said I'd get another tracking number within 24hrs but it didn't happen. Once again I've got no idea what's going on.

Lets hope that 'all this comment' results in them avoiding Seenon in future, and not avoiding special editions!
PSD

and one more thing and I'm done with this: Access to Steve and Satch and others like Dream Theater is so much greater now than it ever was in the '70s and '80s when I was going to see a lot of shows. These Meet and Greet opportunities were totally unheard of then and are very much welcomed by those of us who have some basis for comparison. I for one don't want that to be compromised.
chlamy

I want to start saying a big thank you to mickey and steve. People do forget that what you (me included) paid for was : THE CD. The pass is a f@king bonus, very nice of the Vai team to do that. But nobody of us 'paid' for a pass, that is wrong logic !

So, well, why not just really enjoy this great album, the artwork (if you look at it closely, there is a lot of work into it and it is beautiful, very beautiful), and if we got a pass, it is a really nice gift from the vai team : nothing, nothing at all obliged them to do that, let's just be happy about it :)

The only 'drawback' was SeenOn's handling of this thing (and I have personally been a victim of it) but nobody in the Vai team is responsible for that, and Mickey was very cool looking into the matter and trying to get it sorted,

There is only one sentence that comes to my mind :

Peace and Love, and Good Happiness Stuff

Stephan from Paris
miker

Well... Congratulations People!!!

You've killed the meet and greet for the second and FINAL time!!!

I hope those of you who have posted some really selfish, greedy, unethical comments are proud of yourselves.

You've ruined this for everyone.

Check it, or don't:
http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2 ... ht=#290583

I would have liked to see this continue on future shows... but, I don't see how it can be workable with what some of the new posters in the forum have shared with us on this topic (greedy selfish bastards).

It was a privilege... and not a right. ...and now we have all lost that privilege.

Oh... and if you haven't figured it out yet -- all you masters of critical thinking -- when you buy a CD... you don't own any rights to it. Steve Vai owns all the rights to his music, not you! Where do you people come up with this shit?! What you've purchased is a seat to listen to that CD. That is all.
Last edited by miker on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:39 am, edited 8 times in total.
RAI

As I anticipated when this was first announced, it went down the drain faster than the last goldfish we had......
There is apparently no way around it.
People will screw things up, all for their own selfish reasons.
I've been on this board for close to 9 years, and history repeats itself.
It's so f***ing sad!

And this comes from a person that almost never swears.
:x
miker

Whenever Steve and Mikey try to do something special for the fans... the asshats come out of the woodwork and spoil it for everyone.

I know of several new posting forum members I would enjoy seeing banned from these forums.

They are lucky I am not an admin.

I saw it coming too RAI. I tried to warn people... I really wanted to see the meet and greet continue with future concerts. The asshats won.

C'mon you dipsticks... tell me I was overreacting now. You know who you are (well, maybe you don't cuz you're all mostly stupider than dung).

Mikey pretty much speaks for Steve... so, I guess you know how he feels about all this now too. Some people... just don't get it. Prolly never will. Why'd they have to come here?

This was a very special thing, and you killed it. It's hard enough to coordinate something like this on a global scale... and then you challenge them to police you on it?!

I'm so pissed... :evil:
Last edited by miker on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
andre_f

Well, shit.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Great going. Wow. Lovely.

If you ask me, the guy with his 'DUTY/RIGHT' to sell his pass has a 'DUTY/RIGHT' to go fuck himself.

It was such a simple request. Is it really so difficult to respect Mikey's and Steve's wish? Never mind the fucking technicalities, the 'law' or whatever dumbass rights spin you want to give it. Just have the fucking decency to respect their wish? It's so unbelievably simple.

This whole affair is just fucking embarrassing. I truly feel for Mikey and Steve. All that hard work and effort.

Dre
EyE

Like I said before........"people always want more! Never satisfied with what they actually get"!

True fans appreciate such a thing like an "afterpass contest" that an artist like Steve sets up for his fans!

Why is it that some folks here at Vai.com can't act in a mature way when it comes to things like this! Steve Vai is by far the most giving artist to his fans that I know of!

It's sad to see that the "so called fans" can ruin things for the mass. You can thank yourselfs for achieving that!!
ZappaIrl

:shock: no need for that language. ive had it up to my neck with this forum..... when another point of view is treated like this. ye can keep the bloody thing!