Sound Theories Digipak Pre-Sale and Aftershow Pass Contest!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
jemgirl

#571 Post by jemgirl » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:15 am

same here sis :?
got the bill this morning.
weird..very weird...i`ve ordered many things from the usa...and i never got this shit.
i say....dont pay 8)

Zeds.Ded

#572 Post by Zeds.Ded » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:40 am

maybe the tax was included on the price of the other things you ordered, but it might not of been included in this order? dunno just throwing things out in the field that might make sense!

sisterinlaw

#573 Post by sisterinlaw » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:49 am

Zeds.Ded wrote:maybe the tax was included on the price of the other things you ordered, but it might not of been included in this order?
I guess so.
Zeds.Ded wrote:dunno just throwing things out in the field that might make sense!
No problem. :)

Zeds.Ded

#574 Post by Zeds.Ded » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:03 am

haha just dont take what i said as gospel because i really have no idea! or maybe im just over defending the 'Digipack' case :P

brentm

#575 Post by brentm » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:26 am

They are probably taxing you on the declared value of the shipment.

bilbo--baggins

#576 Post by bilbo--baggins » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:44 pm

I'd just like to get the digipack. Then I can think about the aftershow pass, or a tax bill.

Still waiting...

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

#577 Post by CymbalSplittingSkinbasher » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:51 pm

Wow, crazy stuff going on around here! :shock: Read the thread & this seems logical to me:

bilbo--baggins wrote:

Sending out 2500 aftershow passes with terms that the passes cannot be transferred to another person, and expecting nobody to break the terms is pretty naive in my opinion. It was always going to happen.

Advertising the digipacks with a 1 in 4 chance of winning an aftershow pass really just looks like a way of boosting sales.

They would have been better off keeping quiet about the aftershow passes, and just slipping them into some of the digipacks, or the first ones sent out. Then it would be an amazing surprise, it would go to the true fans who wanted the digipack as a special collectors edition, and it's purpose would be clear - a bonus over and above what anyone could have expected.

Not wanting to be too critical (because around here I'm bound to get flamed) I think that the way this was run is as much to blame as the way people have behaved who ordered the digipacks.

ArnieBall

#578 Post by ArnieBall » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:28 am

About taxes, yes, when you purchase something from another country and bring it to your country, you have to pay taxes... In most of cases, when the declared value is not so high, they don't say anything and you don't pay taxes.
But some companies (like FedEx) are said to send tax bills a bit too easily... I'm afraid you'll have to pay those taxes if you don't want trouble with custom officers.

sisterinlaw

#579 Post by sisterinlaw » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:24 am

ArnieBall wrote:About taxes, yes, when you purchase something from another country and bring it to your country, you have to pay taxes... In most of cases, when the declared value is not so high, they don't say anything and you don't pay taxes.
But some companies (like FedEx) are said to send tax bills a bit too easily... I'm afraid you'll have to pay those taxes if you don't want trouble with custom officers.
Yeah I know. But I've never had such bill before. Recently (this year) I orderend worth €300 of liquor from Italy and never saw a bill. Well, I mean a taxbill ;) All was included. So I was very surprised to get a taxbill for 1 tshirt.

Ant711UK

#580 Post by Ant711UK » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:48 am

Buying within the EU won't incur extra taxes, buying from outside does.
I bought a transformer for my amp from Carvin and the company I work for got a bill for taxes a month later. All I did was have it delivered there but FedEx took it that my employers had purchased the item. It cost me another £25 if I remember correctly.

One thing I'd like to know about the didgipack and aftershow pass thing is how many people are going to turn up at each gig with a pass? It's great that so many people received a pass but it could be ultra busy after the shows. Steve may have only 5 seconds to talk with each of the winners before rushing off to the tour bus. I also received two of the same booklets inside my CD but I got a pass so I'm happy.

Tony

Seraphim

#581 Post by Seraphim » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:58 am

I use to buy some stuffs from the States and sometimes I have to pay the custom taxes, sometimes don't. Only if it's from EU country don't have to pay anymore.

Still don't have received my pass... and the CD :cry:

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:

ArnieBall

#582 Post by ArnieBall » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:41 am

sisterinlaw wrote:Yeah I know. But I've never had such bill before. Recently (this year) I orderend worth €300 of liquor from Italy and never saw a bill. Well, I mean a taxbill ;) All was included. So I was very surprised to get a taxbill for 1 tshirt.
Like Ant711UK said, things are different within the EU...
FedEx charges tax fees in most of cases and sometimes they even include the shipping costs to the value of the purchased items :?

cbr1000f

Re: Possibility of sharing costs?

#583 Post by cbr1000f » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:14 am

cbr1000f wrote:About the shipping costs. I suggest that you try to cluster orders. I made one order for myself & two friends (3 packages), so we could share the expenses. But hey, I understand that not everyone on this board is lucky enough to have some friends who are as VAI-addicted to do the same.
Just as information for the people in Europe who consider to buy the digipack and want to cluster their orders as I suggested in my old post.
I don't know if you'll have profit by clustering.
FedEx sent me a bill for the taxes concerning the import of the goods.
So far they sent me a tax bill for the 3 t-shirts. These taxes cost 45,08 EUR or 62,12 USD (for the package of 3 t-shirts).
It's very possible that I'll receive another tax bill for the CD's.

sisterinlaw

#584 Post by sisterinlaw » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:28 am

cbr1000f wrote:I don't know if you'll have profit by clustering.
Not for taxes, maybe for shipping you'll have profit. :wink:

cbr1000f

#585 Post by cbr1000f » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:45 am

sisterinlaw wrote:
cbr1000f wrote:I don't know if you'll have profit by clustering.
Not for taxes, maybe for shipping you'll have profit. :wink:
Cluster order (3xSteve Vai Sound Theories T-Shirt and CD Bundle )
Goods: 3x 34.95 USD = 104.85 USD (SubTotal)
Shipping: 30.95 USD
Total: ( 0.00% Tax) 135.80 USD

Costs after delivery:
FedEx Tax Bill (first part of the delivery; t-shirts): 62.15 USD

So my total amount so far is 197.95 USD