Steve Vai Live - USA 2007 Dates Announced

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
c-boath
Newcomer

Not what I was hoping for in the least.

Nothing in the entire south/southeast. I knew there wasn't going to be a show very close to me, but with KC 4 hours to the north and Dallas 4 hours south, I figured I'd have a shot. I'd get a hotel and the EVO Experience as well if one came through there But jeez, The closest thing to me is Chicago, 12 hours away. Don't feel like adding a 3-400 plane ticket, rental car, etc on top of everything else. :(
JLPIROCK
Newcomer

Greetings from the Rock-n-Roll Capital. No Cleveland dates ? We need our Vai fix just like everyone else. Please help! JLP
JLPIROCK
Newcomer

Greetings from the Rock-n-Roll Capital. No Cleveland dates ? We need our Vai fix just like everyone else. Please help! JLP
funnyguy12

OMG!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Why does every Steve concert that comes to Las Vegas have to be 21 and over. I have missed three Vai concerts because of the 21 and over rule. why is this?!?!!?

ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Leanne_777

funnyguy12 wrote:OMG!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Why does every Steve concert that comes to Las Vegas have to be 21 and over. I have missed three Vai concerts because of the 21 and over rule. why is this?!?!!?

ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Yeah, that sucks. Basically, it's the venue that will decide the age rules, Steve said he did request all gigs to be all ages but this isn't always possible. Is there any chance you could pretend you were 21? Would you get away with it?
funnyguy12

Leanne_777 wrote:
funnyguy12 wrote:OMG!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Why does every Steve concert that comes to Las Vegas have to be 21 and over. I have missed three Vai concerts because of the 21 and over rule. why is this?!?!!?

Yeah, that sucks. Basically, it's the venue that will decide the age rules, Steve said he did request all gigs to be all ages but this isn't always possible. Is there any chance you could pretend you were 21? Would you get away with it?
No, even though im 6 feet tall and dont look my age. i probably still wouldnt get in.

Im going to call and see if i can bring a parent of gaurdian. I really want to see Steve in concert.
Sava
Newcomer

Mikey wrote:Unfortunately, if local promoters don't make offers when Steve's tour booking is taking place it means Steve won't play in that particular area.

If you want to see Steve in Texas next time he tours, contact your local Live Nation promoters (or other reputable promoter) and tell them you want Vai!

Mikey
vai.com
Not quite fair to say that.. What I'm seeing here on the Google Map is a tour optimized to the max - for time, travel, money (Am I wrong to assume those are the more wealthy states/parts of country??) and maybe even for political preference..

Obviously, thats the way it goes once one has accomplish a certain stage in ones career - You get to make the choises.., and thats fine.. but be honest about it, and please don't take these kids for the ride on thinking their emails or calls would make any difference on that now, or near future..
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Sava wrote:
Mikey wrote:Unfortunately, if local promoters don't make offers when Steve's tour booking is taking place it means Steve won't play in that particular area.

If you want to see Steve in Texas next time he tours, contact your local Live Nation promoters (or other reputable promoter) and tell them you want Vai!

Mikey
vai.com
Not quite fair to say that.. What I'm seeing here on the Google Map is a tour optimized to the max - for time, travel, money (Am I wrong to assume those are the more wealthy states/parts of country??) and maybe even for political preference..

Obviously, thats the way it goes once one has accomplish a certain stage in ones career - You get to make the choises.., and thats fine.. but be honest about it, and please don't take these kids for the ride on thinking their emails or calls would make any difference on that now, or near future..
All tours are mapped out to be optimized for time and travel.

But as far as your other insinuations go, they are patently false. I have already explained how tours are booked, and how this all works. I couldn't be bothered spelling it all out for you again.
Sava wrote:(Am I wrong to assume those are the more wealthy states/parts of country??) and maybe even for political preference..
Yep. You're totally wrong - and based on some of your post history, I'd say that you're prone to misinterpreting a lot of things.

Perhaps some people think they're being clever trying to somehow disprove what I'm saying, but I/we have no reason to mislead anyone.

Mikey
vai.com
Sava
Newcomer

Yes, I am a prime example of a bored poster, as u so cleverly pointed out. Sadly, lots are 'messages from the bottle' so to say, too heh.. Till now i've resisted the urge to clean it, as it's a good reminder of Things That Used to be.. 'don't do it, kids'.. Not a nice way to try and get on edge on me though ,mikey;)..

Anyway, we both know you know what you do, and I bet Vai couldn't be happier to have you onboard, and you do the work to the max

But still, my main point was that emails to the booking agents/venues don't mean a thing atm, and it just bugs me to see the kids get all exited about the 'possibility' to 'make Vai come here'.. Vai can pretty much sell out a (same sized) venue anywhere now (maybe my assumption is wrong again), thus the route he chooses is in your/his total control, in the given timeframe..

Maybe the next tour will be in TX and thereabout, who knows..

and as you, I won't get more into the 'money/evo' aspects
andre_f

Sava wrote: tour optimized to the max - for time, travel, money (Am I wrong to assume those are the more wealthy states/parts of country??) and maybe even for political preference..
Wow. I mean, really? You believe that? A Steve Vai tour optimized for political preferences no less?

Dre
Sava
Newcomer

No, I don't 'really' believe that..

Nethertheless all is possible at this day and age.. some politically active artists can well be choosing their preferred states according to 'audience most acceptable to message' they wanna send out, or just to send out an 'silent message', I don't see Barbra Streisand (only name that popped in my head just now) booking any gigs in TX in near future heh ..and that it something I think everyone should take into concideration when looking into these things .... but no, I don't think Vai is doing that, to be honest - I don't think I ever saw anything political from him..

On political map the country is divided, if it's a coincidence , so be it.. Only the ones who know, know..

That point was exaccerated, and the word 'maybe' added there for reason, 'the worst case scenario' if u will..
andre_f

Sava wrote:No, I don't 'really' believe that..

Nethertheless all is possible at this day and age.. some politically active artists can well be choosing their preferred states according to 'audience most acceptable to message' they wanna send out, or just to send out an 'silent message', I don't see Barbra Streisand (only name that popped in my head just now) booking any gigs in TX in near future heh ..and that it something I think everyone should take into concideration when looking into these things .... but no, I don't think Vai is doing that, to be honest - I don't think I ever saw anything political from him..

On political map the country is divided, if it's a coincidence , so be it.. Only the ones who know, know..

That point was exaccerated, and the word 'maybe' added there for reason, 'the worst case scenario' if u will..
I briefly contemplated posting a serious reply to your contradictory ramblings, but I fear it would be just a waste of time.

Have a good one,

Dre
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Whatever you want to think Sava...

:roll:

Mikey
vai.com
PSD

Looking forward to meeting all New York City EVO Experience attendees in September. Just bought my ticket. But note I will defer all political rhetoric and conspiracy theories to Sava.
misterkridered
Newcomer

Thank you Mr. Vai
Got 2nd row center tickets for Buffalo!
Woo! Hoo!