Steve Vai Live - USA 2007 Dates Announced

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
mayuka

Mikey wrote:Unfortunately, if local promoters don't make offers when Steve's tour booking is taking place it means Steve won't play in that particular area.

If you want to see Steve in Texas next time he tours, contact your local Live Nation promoters (or other reputable promoter) and tell them you want Vai!

Mikey
vai.com
Thank you Mikey for your quick response. Im getting right on it at the moment, and I hope you guys get a call asking Steve to make a Stop here in Texas!
Derek

here in houston we tend to get shafted pretty bad on many of the more musical tours. We have missed at least one G3 show that came nowhere near us, I believe Vai has had to pass us over at least once in the past, dream theater had to cancel a show in houston and send everybody with a ticket to san antonio, the list goes on.

from what the road guys told me after moving the dt show, promoters are afraid that these types of music will not sell enough tickets to be profitable in this area. from the looks of this list of tour stops, texas isn't the only place with this situation.

i'm a nobody with no influence over anything, but I hate to see this sort of thing keep happening while i'm fighting traffic caused by all the christina aguilera type shows that have no problem getting booked in this area. I can understand how the promoters have the tour managers behind the eight-ball and it's really something beyond their control, but I'm certainly going to miss getting to see the show this time around. maybe next time we'll be luckier!

I guess I'll have to go to the Wiggles show, then, they should be here in a few months.
miker

Coolness.
mayuka

Well i sent an email to the Grande Theater in Dallas TX, and I sent an email to La Zona Rosa, and I called the booking agent for Antones in Ausitn TX. Thats all I can do for this I belive, now its all up to them, Steve, and God.
maximus

The Berklee Performance Center is.....small. But that's ok more VAI!!!
Ashen
Newcomer

Well, I originally came to complain about the lack of Texas dates, but that seems to already be taken care of.....

First G3 doesn't come here, now Vai.... Whats wrong with these Texas venue owners?
mayuka

Ashen wrote:Well, I originally came to complain about the lack of Texas dates, but that seems to already be taken care of.....

First G3 doesn't come here, now Vai.... Whats wrong with these Texas venue owners?
retarded. thats what. we always miss out on the good stuff.
bcgvh

No joke guys, it surprises me that Dallas gets left out. I live in southern Oklahoma and Dallas is where I have to go to catch shows like this, which is only about a 1 1/2 hour drive. My other option then becomes Kansas City (usually), and that's 5 1/2 to 6 hours.....no way. I sent Granada an e-mail.
VAI05

BTB007 wrote:Ok, I apologize to Mikey and all for my post, sorry! 8)

Here is the email address for the venue where Vai played in Columbus, OH on the RI tour.

feedback@promowestlive.com

I've emailed them and asked them to get in touch with Steve's booking agent. I think it would be cool to have Vai at Lifestyles Pavillion instead of Newport this time. It is bigger!

Mikey, I sent you a PM.
Yeah, I was hoping for some Ohio dates as well so I could get in quite a few shows. Looks like Chicago, Royal Oak & WI for now. :D :D :D
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

BTB007 wrote:Ok, I apologize to Mikey and all for my post, sorry! 8)

Here is the email address for the venue where Vai played in Columbus, OH on the RI tour.

feedback@promowestlive.com

I've emailed them and asked them to get in touch with Steve's booking agent. I think it would be cool to have Vai at Lifestyles Pavillion instead of Newport this time. It is bigger!

Mikey, I sent you a PM.
No apology necessary. I understand that you are frustrated and disappointed.

Regarding what happened with Scotland: we received huge feedbck from fans in Scotland that they would like to see a show, however it just wasn't possible. But then a hole opened up in Steve's schedule at the same time a venue was available, so it all fell into place.

Mikey
vai.com
Shredomaniac
Newcomer

Vancouvert, Toronto, but not Quebec dates. :(
phil_greg

and no montreal date
brentm

Any chance that you folks who were left out could make a weekend out of a date near you? Phoenix isn't too far from Texas.... well, considering Texas is HOOOGE.... it might be far... but you know how it goes.
sap

I am very disappointed Steve is not coming to Texas. I saw him three times in Houston which included one G3 and the venue was packed. I don't understand how Steve would not be profitable down here. Steve made it down here on his RI tour so I dont see how this is any different. Please Steve find a way to make to Texas, you have fans down here. Raise the ticket prices if you have to, I'll pay it.
T bird

Hop into one of those Big American made Texas Trucks and drive to a Vai dealership nearest you!@~