2007 EUROPE AND USA TOUR

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Gofis wrote:
jam-man wrote:I still believe Croatia would be a good choice for Jul 13th, don't you Mikey!? (Slovenia's not far either - I could live with that :wink: )
Please, Mikey...a hint would be nice!
It would be so nice that Steve comes somewhere around here.
Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary is close to each other so it would cover up fans from the whole region.
I mean on that unconfirmed dates.

What are the odds for this to happen Mikey?
These countries won't be visited on this upcoming tour unfortunately.

Mikey
vai.com
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Cobretti wrote:I cant afford tickets for another 2 weeks :( - dont think there'll be any left by then for the uk tour - is there much chance Mikey in previous experiance - :)
It depends where in the UK you're planning on going:

London is sold out, and Manchester has one ticket left.

There is still some room left in Birmingham and Nottingham, but these will sell out in the next two weeks I would imagine.

Mikey
vai.com

p.s. And for fans in Ireland, the Dublin EVO is now sold out.
ini -
Newcomer

Hey there,

Steve mentioned playing Songs he has not played live before,
I don't know if Steve played 'Hand on Heart' live, but I would love to see it performed - is there any chance he will play this song on this tour?
Other than that, I really like the violin idea.

I'm going to visit the gig in ULM, Germany.
ZappaIrl

great to hear that the EVO tickets sold out for steve in dublin.... just shows how popular he is in ireland! and on songs he's never performed live.... i dont know if he has done "Boston Rain Melody" live (i dont think so).... but it's one of my all time faves.... i'd love to hear that!
Waugh

ZappaIrl wrote:and on songs he's never performed live.... i dont know if he has done "Boston Rain Melody" live (i dont think so).... but it's one of my all time faves.... i'd love to hear that!
oh yeah the same for me ! would strongly enjoy to hear this one live !!! :o
eXor

hey Mikey,

Do you know if Steve is coming to Belgium this tour??? :?
BlackCat

ooh what about gig in Poland?? Mr Vai, You have promised*
blsabob

Mikey wrote:
vai_arg wrote:come on mikey, tell to latin american people, if there´s something planned to do here ... in a few months, in 2008, i dont know, you tell me . PLEASE answer me, i have hundred of people behind me waiting to know something...
from ARGENTINA, saludos y muchas gracias ! :evil: AGUANTE VAI CHE !!
Not sure yet. I certainly hope so. If Steve tours Latin America this year it will probably be around October, but at this time there are no dates booked.

Mikey
vai.com
If Steve does come to Latin America, can you PLEASE encourage him to play Costa Rica? For some reason, a lot of artists play Latin America and skip CR. Why? I have no idea. We are the wealthiest nation in all of Central America and we SanJose is a city of well over 1.5 million people. There's a huge taste for classic rock here and a real love for progressive music. Trust me, Steve would be enthusiastically welcomed here in Costa Rica
maximus

Waugh wrote:
ZappaIrl wrote:and on songs he's never performed live.... i dont know if he has done "Boston Rain Melody" live (i dont think so).... but it's one of my all time faves.... i'd love to hear that!
oh yeah the same for me ! would strongly enjoy to hear this one live !!! :o
Well then he should do it in Boston it would only be right...... :lol:
Currahee

Mikey wrote:
Cobretti wrote:I cant afford tickets for another 2 weeks :( - dont think there'll be any left by then for the uk tour - is there much chance Mikey in previous experiance - :)
It depends where in the UK you're planning on going:

London is sold out, and Manchester has one ticket left.

There is still some room left in Birmingham and Nottingham, but these will sell out in the next two weeks I would imagine.

Mikey
vai.com

p.s. And for fans in Ireland, the Dublin EVO is now sold out.
So is Steve not coming to Wolverhampton then?
Chukie

Prezidentman wrote:
Gandalph915 wrote:Again no Czech Republic ? Well, I can't say I expected It to be there. Two more dates will be announced but they are between Spain - Italy and Ireland - Russia :)
Yeah, Czech rep. would be nice, but what are ya gonna do...looks like drive to a German gig for me again, anyway, I'm SO excited about all of this, I can't wait, and there's so much more I hope to see in the future, The Sound Current dvd, Real Illusions Dvd, ZPZ dvd, Real illusions II and I keep hoping for the ALS-type album somewhere in between...but I know Steve needs his rest too...or does he?:) I don't think he ever rests, always working on something for us eager unsatisfiable fans :lol:
Hey guys !! I'm going to hear Steve in Ingolstadt, Germ. I was thinking about taking czech flag with me so Steve would see that its worthy to make a show in Czech republic. More people from Czech republic - more flags. What do You thing?
Prezidentman

Chukie wrote:
Prezidentman wrote:
Gandalph915 wrote:Again no Czech Republic ? Well, I can't say I expected It to be there. Two more dates will be announced but they are between Spain - Italy and Ireland - Russia :)
Yeah, Czech rep. would be nice, but what are ya gonna do...looks like drive to a German gig for me again, anyway, I'm SO excited about all of this, I can't wait, and there's so much more I hope to see in the future, The Sound Current dvd, Real Illusions Dvd, ZPZ dvd, Real illusions II and I keep hoping for the ALS-type album somewhere in between...but I know Steve needs his rest too...or does he?:) I don't think he ever rests, always working on something for us eager unsatisfiable fans :lol:
Hey guys !! I'm going to hear Steve in Ingolstadt, Germ. I was thinking about taking czech flag with me so Steve would see that its worthy to make a show in Czech republic. More people from Czech republic - more flags. What do You thing?
Cool idea! But do you think he'll know what country we're representing just by seeing the flag, maybe I'll make a banner with "Czech rep. loves you too, Steve!"..or something :lol:
BTW, I saw Marty Friedman play yesterday..you can read my report right on the Petrucci forums> http://66.179.182.17/forums/showthread.php?t=45820
jemgirl

oh yes,mister steve vai!!
you visit holland twice this year!!
admit.....you love holland ey?
anyway..its good to see you here again!!
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Currahee wrote:So is Steve not coming to Wolverhampton then?
No. The only UK cities Steve is visiting are on the tour dates page.

Mikey
vai.com
Chukie

Prezidentman wrote: Cool idea! But do you think he'll know what country we're representing just by seeing the flag, maybe I'll make a banner with "Czech rep. loves you too, Steve!"..or something :lol:
Are You planning to purchase tickets via internet or is there another way to get it? I tried to get them through the link on vai.com and the final price was 51,50 euro instead of 37 without reason - shipping an handling does about 8 euro, so I dont get it. Are You experienced with that? This info would be worth for anybody who wants to purchase tickets to Ingolstadt ...