PETITITION: Sex And Religion Tour DVD

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
holzwurm

#31 Post by holzwurm » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:43 am

I want it, I WANT IT :D

firestone

#32 Post by firestone » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:14 pm

hell yeh that wud kick ass :D :D :D :guitar vai 4 life

faithplusone01

#33 Post by faithplusone01 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:47 pm

I hope he seriously considers this, as I feel that he often neglects this live and there are some AMAZING songs on that album that I'd love to hear live. (Still My Bleeding Heart, Here and Now, Sex and Religion, TOUCHING TOUNGES!, Down Deep Into The Pain)

But just out of curiosity, did he play any of Passion and Warfare on this tour? Surely he did, but i'm wondering how it worked! I mean, what did Devin do?

slash89

#34 Post by slash89 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:06 am

I loved watching him play with Devin! Down Deep Into The Pain was really cool live 8) His hair was a bit different though :lol:

toneshun

#35 Post by toneshun » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:14 pm

i'm curious too.. it's always good to have more Vai 8)

I know all those footage must be SOMEWHERE :D

litlgrnman

#36 Post by litlgrnman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:20 am

Have been listening to S&R a lot over the last couple weeks and it is one of my biggest regrets that I didn't see this tour! I would LOVE a DVD of a show but realize there are probably a lot of other irons in the fire around the Vai camp.

chlamy

#37 Post by chlamy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:08 am

I saw the S&R tour in Paris, it was my first Vai concert, and both him and Devin just blew me away that night ! Would definitaly be way cool if it saw the light of day :D !

Ice9

#38 Post by Ice9 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:08 am

I would love to have that DVD. I missed the tour do to a family emergency 20 minutes before the show started and would love to see what I missed. I heard the show's were crazy.

Cathedral
Newcomer

#39 Post by Cathedral » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:57 pm

Sex and Religion Tour DVD? Yes please!

Zongadude

#40 Post by Zongadude » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:09 am

faithplusone01 wrote: But just out of curiosity, did he play any of Passion and Warfare on this tour? Surely he did, but i'm wondering how it worked! I mean, what did Devin do?
From what I remember (it was my first Steve Vai show :) ), they played a crazed version of "Greasy kid's stuff", "Liberty", "For the love of god", and perhaps one or two others ("I would love to" ? - I don't remember....). I also do remember that during such pieces Devin would play some incredible guitar works, very acurately and he was quite concentrated. I remember telling myself that Steve must have a 'secret' to make people play his music so well.... even though they come from a different musical universe.

One S&R show got filmed professionnally ? Wow. I had no idea and now I just can't wait to see the release of it, it that ever happens one day.

Prezidentman

#41 Post by Prezidentman » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:31 am

Zongadude wrote:
faithplusone01 wrote: But just out of curiosity, did he play any of Passion and Warfare on this tour? Surely he did, but i'm wondering how it worked! I mean, what did Devin do?
From what I remember (it was my first Steve Vai show :) ), they played a crazed version of "Greasy kid's stuff", "Liberty", "For the love of god", and perhaps one or two others ("I would love to" ? - I don't remember....). I also do remember that during such pieces Devin would play some incredible guitar works, very acurately and he was quite concentrated. I remember telling myself that Steve must have a 'secret' to make people play his music so well.... even though they come from a different musical universe.

One S&R show got filmed professionnally ? Wow. I had no idea and now I just can't wait to see the release of it, it that ever happens one day.
Songs performed on that tour>
Greasy Kid's stuff
Sisters
Liberty
The Animal
FTLOG
I Would Love to
Pig
Dirty Black Hole
Deep down into the pain
Sex and Religion
State of Grace
Earth Dwellers/Here and Now
Touchig Tongues
In my Dreams with You
Survive
Still my Bleeding Heart
The Attitude Song
Call it Sleep
Junkie
Thunder Kiss 69

Seraphim

#42 Post by Seraphim » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:31 am

Steve Vai DVD for every tour, are always welcome!!!

For many reasons, one of this specific tour, would be something fantastic, not only for the fans that have the chance to saw any show of that tour but also for those who don't have that chance, incluiding myself.
Also there are some versions circulating on evil-bay and on internet (from what I hace heard) so, the realize of a official one can finish that!!!
Finally, was a special tour because was the only one with Devin, so it's a must to see for every Steve fan!!!

Thanks Sir Prezident for the info about the songs played... I must add that I heard one time that in a middle of some song, Steve starts to play and Dave start to sing an excert of JEsus Christ Superstar!!!

C'mon Steve, make our day and realize that one for ALL of us!!!

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:

Zongadude

#43 Post by Zongadude » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:04 am

Seraphim wrote: I must add that I heard one time that in a middle of some song, Steve starts to play and Dave start to sing an excert of JEsus Christ Superstar!!!
Yes I remember that !
It was embeded into "Sex & religion" (the song). Somewhere in the middle it would suddenly transformed into that for 4 or 8 bars. Thoses 93 concerts were really great, you know....

so happy

#44 Post by so happy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:26 am

I saw 3 of the S&R shows, Newport, Frankfurt and London, Newport being the first time I ever saw Vai, I remember the gravity defying, almost physical, pressure on my heart centre. They were all 'mental' and different shows. The best (subjectively!!) moment being Devin getting wrapped from head to toe in clingfilm & gaffa tape, trully hilariously ill & twisted!

mphgt

#45 Post by mphgt » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:59 am

so happy wrote:I saw 3 of the S&R shows, Newport, Frankfurt and London, Newport being the first time I ever saw Vai, I remember the gravity defying, almost physical, pressure on my heart centre. They were all 'mental' and different shows. The best (subjectively!!) moment being Devin getting wrapped from head to toe in clingfilm & gaffa tape, trully hilariously ill & twisted!
I was at the Newport show too and it was my first time seeing Vai live