PETITITION: Sex And Religion Tour DVD

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Henrik
Newcomer

PETITITION: Sex And Religion Tour DVD

#1 Post by Henrik » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:06 pm

yeah, boys & girls, this NEEDS to be made some loud noise about, so loud that even uncle Steve reads this thread and thinks: dude, that idea is pwnage, the fans love it too, I'll look into my archive, find some pro recorded show from that tour, and tell my label to get this buddy released, fuck yeah!

I'm a huge fan of The Dev, so thats why I come here from outta nowhere and make this huge post allofasudden. fans of the Dev are without a doubt behind this idea anyway, so dont worry bout that. also while we're at Devin Townsend, lemme pimp my stupid lil website farbeyondmetal dot-com , the most Dev site in the net.

I'm a passionate bootleg hunter anyway, and so I have got ahold of 2 S&R tour bootlegs so far... I dunno if bootlegs may be discussed here big time, but to me its just crappy fan recordings for diehards who have bought all the official recordings anyways, so... I have that Vai Live in NYC 1993 video and Live Vancouver 1993 audio bootleg, you can find some info on those two in the livesection of the FBM site. no downloads though.

but lets rather focus on kicking uncle Stevies butt so he gets into hot love with the idea of the official S&R tour DVD that we all have been waiting for for the last 14 years. this HAS GOT TO HAPPEN, cause it would rule.

and for bonus add that Live on Leno performance of Still My Bleeding Heart to it and the 2 S&R videos of In My Dreams and Down Deep, and whatever else lurks in the archives.

or get Dev and Steve on the same stage together sometime this year and make em play stuff together, now THAT would be the best bonus in the universe to dream of.

I hope this post helps in making a dream come true. Now post replies in order to sign this petitition and tell us what you think about the whole idea, and if you ever meet Steve, bug him about it :)

litlgrnman

#2 Post by litlgrnman » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:46 pm

I would love to see something professionally shot and officially released by Steve. I can only imagine what that tour was like. I would snap it up with the quickness.

slash89

#3 Post by slash89 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:51 pm

I know there was filmed alot of material. Hope it eventually will be released through this website.

prman

#4 Post by prman » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:15 am

We know that Steve doesn`t think highly of "Sex & Religion" for various reasons but we fans appreciate that album. Personally I dig that album and those freak "pop songs" resonate within me in a most interesting way. So I would most certainly be interested if a DVD from that era would be released. WE WANT SEX & RELIGION DVD!

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#5 Post by Mikey » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:18 am

prman wrote:We know that Steve doesn`t think highly of "Sex & Religion" for various reasons
We do? News to me...

One of the Sex & Religion shows was filmed in Los Angeles. It would be nice if it sees the light of day. Maybe it will. You can see parts of it on Steve's "Fire Garden" EPK.

Mikey
vai.com

Splish

#6 Post by Splish » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:53 am

Mikey wrote:
prman wrote:We know that Steve doesn`t think highly of "Sex & Religion" for various reasons
We do? News to me...

One of the Sex & Religion shows was filmed in Los Angeles. It would be nice if it sees the light of day. Maybe it will. You can see parts of it on Steve's "Fire Garden" EPK.

Mikey
vai.com
Whats an EPK :?

Splish

seljer

#7 Post by seljer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:57 am

Splish wrote:
Mikey wrote:
We do? News to me...

Mikey
vai.com

Splish
"electronic press kit"

leigh01

#8 Post by leigh01 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:59 am

Cooooooool

Prezidentman

#9 Post by Prezidentman » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:36 am

seljer wrote:
Splish wrote:
Mikey wrote: We do? News to me...

Mikey
vai.com

Splish
"electronic press kit"
Eh, so where can you get access to this, if it actually exists? Cause I'd pay just about anything to see some pro-shot footage of this tour...

seljer

#10 Post by seljer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:50 am

Prezidentman wrote: Eh, so where can you get access to this, if it actually exists? Cause I'd pay just about anything to see some pro-shot footage of this tour...
I think I've seen some live footage of 'Still my bleeding heart' with Townsend and Vai on youtube, which I assume it comes from that press kit?

EyE

#11 Post by EyE » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:00 am

No that's not the press kit! It's a bootleg live in NY '93! Just look at the quality.

seljer

#12 Post by seljer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:11 am

EyE wrote:No that's not the press kit! It's a bootleg live in NY '93! Just look at the quality.
this one looks rather decent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-unFSaV1x0
of course, it my just be a general televised performance

mayuka

poor steve

#13 Post by mayuka » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:12 am

I would love to see a Sex and Religion tour dvd, but you gotta remember Steve has alot of weight on his sholders. Steve knows whats best for us as the fans so, let him do what he wants, possibly he will realese a S&R dvd but who knows.

Steve all the power to ya for we can get whatever material you have in mind for us fans!

EyE

#14 Post by EyE » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:16 am

seljer wrote:
EyE wrote:No that's not the press kit! It's a bootleg live in NY '93! Just look at the quality.
this one looks rather decent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-unFSaV1x0
of course, it my just be a general televised performance
That's not it either. That was at the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Just before they started the US Tour. btw, Steve liked Jay's band very much. They went to Berkley aswell. Steve's quote: "But they were the big guys". :wink:
Last edited by EyE on Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

seljer

#15 Post by seljer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:36 am

EyE wrote: That's not it either. That was at the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Just before they started the US Tour.
ah, ok, got it