"A Whole New Band?"

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
justcartilage

Hey all,

Just curious about the wording Steve used in his latest Sound Current update. At the end he said one of his near-future tasks was putting a "whole new band together".

:?:

Any thoughts? Is it the end of 'The Breed'?

Just wondering.
Vaiboy

I just read Steve's latest blog and was wondering the same thing. I certainly hope it's not the end of The Breed! I really love this incarnation of Steve's band.

I was lucky enough to see this unit play live a couple of times, so that may have to do, but surely they aren't disbanding.

Anyone?
mr_vai777

wait until Mikey reveals all to us...
Vaiboy

Well, I've read the relevant thread and it seems Steve and the Breed may or may not work together again.

Okay, I've worked through the stages of grief and I'm now past it :D Hopefully, all involved remain on good terms.

Although I'm sad to see the guys go, the possiblity of something new is intriguing.

In Steve we trust huh?
Trinity777

Vaiboy wrote:I just read Steve's latest blog and was wondering the same thing. I certainly hope it's not the end of The Breed! I really love this incarnation of Steve's band.

I was lucky enough to see this unit play live a couple of times, so that may have to do, but surely they aren't disbanding.

Anyone?
I read the blog too. The one thing that came to mind , is maybe " The Breed" members have their own gig schedules, studio time, other commitments. This is the norm from what I've experienced.

I was blesst enough to see " The Breed " as well.

I know that Steve will select top shelf players. Now if only he can finish off the Europen tour here in the states for those of us that will not be able to attend in Europe, that would be awsome!!!

Trinity777 8)
Splish

Now i am a little confused.... I didn't think the Breed were splitting up, I thought this new band was just a one off...

I never got to see the Breed sadly enough... But i am some what baffled. Steve said he's happy with this band, "the best he's been in" so why change :?

Splish
prman

Splish wrote:Now i am a little confused.... I didn't think the Breed were splitting up, I thought this new band was just a one off...

I never got to see the Breed sadly enough... But i am some what baffled. Steve said he's happy with this band, "the best he's been in" so why change :?

Splish
Being happy with The Breed doesn`t mean that there is no need for a change. The Breed is formed of rock musicians, more of less (I know someone`s gonna flame me for that) and if Steve`s next tour is going to be acoustic jazz The Breed ain`t gonna cut it. Who knows what he has in store for us!
Gofis

Hey, you should remember that Steve changes the band from time to time.
He often takes very talented musicans (D. Townsend, D. Weiner, M. Keneally, ...) which then have a great reference in their CV, and more important - they get expirience and then slowly start to shape their own carreer, start their own band and i think that is good.

And second thing - do you really think that Steve at this moment doesnt know who will play with him this summer? I think he knows.

Enjoy.
slash89

Gofis wrote:Hey, you should remember that Steve changes the band from time to time.
He often takes very talented musicans (D. Townsend, D. Weiner, M. Keneally, ...) which then have a great reference in their CV, and more important - they get expirience and then slowly start to shape their own carreer, start their own band and i think that is good.

And second thing - do you really think that Steve at this moment doesnt know who will play with him this summer? I think he knows.

Enjoy.
Ruomours say that one of the guitarists is Willie Nelson:

Kidding of course..
Seraphim

slash89 wrote:Ruomours say that one of the guitarists is Willie Nelson:
Kidding of course..
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, if Steve change is sound to some sort of mix with is kind of music with country, sure is a good choice :wink:
SRVoodoo

Please oh PLEASE Let Mike Portnoy join the band if only for ONE album/tour :idea:
Steve, Billy, Mike, Dave & someone who is a dedicated Keyboard player.
GreenMeanie

SRVoodoo wrote:Please oh PLEASE Let Mike Portnoy join the band if only for ONE album/tour :idea:
Dave said he wont be joining Steve
SPQR

GreenMeanie wrote:
SRVoodoo wrote:Please oh PLEASE Let Mike Portnoy join the band if only for ONE album/tour :idea:
Dave said he wont be joining Steve
Yes very true, I didnt know Dave teaches lessons over the net now , which is a kool thing to do, sorry going off topic lol
justcartilage

I suppose now that it's official that the Breed (my fave vai band thus far) is gone (glad I didn't procrastinate in getting my 7PBK signed by all of them) it's kind of exciting to think of what Steve has planned for the future.

Not saying that things were getting repeditive, but the prospects of a new CD/DVD with all new musos backing him will be pretty cool. I have a feeling it's gonna be a good year for Vai-ites. 8)