The Official 'G3 2003' CD & DVD Discussion Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Knightmeir

I doubt they'd short us on all the songs... they had pretty much the same set list through the whole thing, so I imagine they'd be able to fit it all in. I'm just looking forward to hearing the triple neck song again....
GriggiP
Newcomer

Queensryche's "Live Evolution" has 19 or 20 songs on it, in both 2.0 and 5.1, plus other things.

If they reduce the number of songs and claim "space issues" somebody's not being honest.

If they do 2 DVDs, they have plenty of room for extras.
Bono

Satch's Live in San Francisco is about 25/26 track, and theres special features (including multi-angle)..theres no excuse for not including the whole show :)
Sgregos
Newcomer

These guys never did cut corners when training and practicing to become the unbelievsable musicians they are! So why should they release somnething that does not match their musical pursuit of perfection?!
As you said guys: BRING IT ON!! FULL ON!! 3 DVDS, 20/25 TRACKS, BACKSTAGE SHOTS, GUITAR LESSON BY THE THREE MAESTROS, NICE BOOKLET WITH PICS FROM THE TOUR, MULTI ANGLE, and as my new friends Pendragyn & Metoo said, a Pick or three from the tour!!
Now if you get all of this done, I think you will be hard pressed to find one true fan who would not pay the extra bucks for it!
You could even put together a Special Edition, with a fourth DVD with 3/4 songs from each of the maestro's own Live DVDs!
Sliver

if only dreams came true... :(
Sgregos
Newcomer

Hey Sliver!!! Spirit up!!!! It's Holiday Season so let's all put that CAPITAL Bold, Font 136 on our XMas List for 2004!
Big fat prayer would help too...
GuitarMaster1962

I'm with you guys 110 percent. They should at least fit in the entire set from each G... AT THE LEAST!
eyebnez

I think they will fit more of the show into the new G3 DVD. Mainly because the first one was...well the first one....Now that the G3 Shows have taken off and become somewhat of a ritual among fans. I think the label will have more confience in producing a better, Longer format.

:D
RAIN
Newcomer

Well I'll tell ya one thing, if the DVD isn't the complete show, then I won't be buying it. Call it a pet peave, but incomplete/part shows really iritate me. Given that we all have a complete live Joe Satriani DVD, and an YNGWIE Live DVD, and soon a Steve Vai DVD, if the G3 isn't complete then it's not worth the money.

On the other hand, if the COMPLETE G3 show in on the DVD set...then you have a whole different ball game. A live show can not be enjoyed in part, but as a whole.
TheTwanMan

everything is great. but the best would be if Windows to the Soul were on it, since it isnt on of the songs on the astoria DVD=)
Rochus

The G3 DVD was recorded to be VHS so thats why they couldn't fit the entire show on the tape I think :/ Because I don't have the Live at the Astoria DVD, the G3 DVD is still glued in my dvd player :) I'm still hoping for the entire show on the 2003 version though ;(
Bono

I do get this sinking feeling that somehow it won't be the full show...
If they have enough to fit on one dvd (ie making it cheaper) chances are the majority of fans will buy it regardless (i know I would), but if it was a 3 disc box set boosting the price up, some fans might not (Some Yngwie fans, for example, who don't like Satch and Vai might not want to pay the price of 3 discs just to enjoy one). Reminds me of the U2 concerts...We've had live in Mexico, Red Rocks, Sydney, Boston and Slane Castle in Ireland...and not one of them have been the full show. Lets just hope and pray, eh? :)
juef
Newcomer

I also support the idea of having the full show released on DVD. That is one of the things I greatly enjoyed with Satriani's Live in San Francisco DVD, and all of it, with some extras, fit on two DVDs with a very affordable price.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Satriani DVD has been gold certified.
IbanezRules

Why choose Colorado of all the places they played? I mean, isnt the L.A and N.Y shows way more crazy?
Jackhammer

RAIN wrote:On the other hand, if the COMPLETE G3 show in on the DVD set...then you have a whole different ball game. A live show can not be enjoyed in part, but as a whole.
I agree.