NEW VAI CD RELEASE DATE 28/02/07

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
maxwell_1888

Splish wrote: I don't want to winge, but i do understand your opinion... I mean it was performed in 2004... Wasn't the Astoria done in 2001, and released the same year?!

Splish
I think Astoria release was 2003. 2001 release for Astoria wouldn't really be possible since it was filmed in December '01.
Splish

maxwell_1888 wrote:
Splish wrote: I don't want to winge, but i do understand your opinion... I mean it was performed in 2004... Wasn't the Astoria done in 2001, and released the same year?!

Splish
I think Astoria release was 2003. 2001 release for Astoria wouldn't really be possible since it was filmed in December '01.
Ah, my mistake :oops:

Splish
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Actually, the Aching Hunger show that's being released was performed and filmed and recoreded in 2005.

Mixing the shows is a huge undertaking, and that's what Steve has been doing when he's not on stage with Zappa Plays Zappa (he was actually working on rough mixes while on the road).

Mikey
vai.com
lydian2000

Mikey wrote:Actually, the Aching Hunger show that's being released was performed and filmed and recoreded in 2005.

Mixing the shows is a huge undertaking, and that's what Steve has been doing when he's not on stage with Zappa Plays Zappa (he was actually working on rough mixes while on the road).

Mikey
vai.com
:oops: I was pretty sure the material came from the 2004 concert, if it's from 2005, amongst the tours with the breed, europe, US, G3's, ZPZ, then I understand better why it is indeed taking so long to an already long process.

Mikey, I have to thank you for the detailed infos and apologize for the bitchin'

Then the mindblowing version of FTLOG aching hunger 2004 on youtube won't be on it then...well I've read a few dutch reviews who said aching hunger 2005 was even better. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait anyway.

cheers.

:D
Bennett

okay so i'm really confused..what's coming out?? and on what date?? beacause in aus u say D/M/Y and in the US it's M/D/Y so i dunno when it's coming out if you get me :D
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

lydian2000 wrote:
Mikey wrote:Actually, the Aching Hunger show that's being released was performed and filmed and recoreded in 2005.

Mikey
vai.com
:oops: I was pretty sure the material came from the 2004 concert, if it's from 2005, amongst the tours with the breed, europe, US, G3's, ZPZ, then I understand better why it is indeed taking so long to an already long process.

Mikey, I have to thank you for the detailed infos and apologize for the bitchin'

Then the mindblowing version of FTLOG aching hunger 2004 on youtube won't be on it then...well I've read a few dutch reviews who said aching hunger 2005 was even better. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait anyway.

cheers.

What is on YouTube is probably from the 2005 shows. Parts of them were broadcast on Dutch TV. This is also where the DVD footage that Steve is going to release is coming from. The problem with YouTube of course is that it's responsible for a lot of misinformation, as people post things there without permission, and to complicate matters, post incorrect information about what they posted.

There will be both a CD and DVD released from the shows. It will be out this year, though there is no release date set just yet.

Often Japanese stores like Tower get a little too excited and post incorrect release dates for albums and DVDs. For example, they have consistently posted a release date for NIN's "Closure" DVD now for a couple of years, yet it's been incorrect every time...

When it's scheduled for release, you'll see the info here - direct from the source. Unless it's posted here, treat any information you hear as unconfirmed.

Mikey
vai.com
Last edited by Mikey on Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cnc74

I remember seeing Steve after some of the ZPZ shows. He would walk outside, greet fans after the show, and head straight back inside to work on the editing. I would ask him about it, and he would say that if they had a while before heading out to the next city, he would use that time to work on the mixing. Steve and Mikey both. I know we are all in for a serious treat when these are released.
Christin :D
faithplusone01

hmm...seems to me like we all have an ACHING HUNGER for THE ACHING HUNGER DVD!
Bennett

faithplusone01 wrote:hmm...seems to me like we all have an ACHING HUNGER for THE ACHING HUNGER DVD!
i get it! 8)
Splish

Mikey wrote:
lydian2000 wrote:

Mikey
vai.com

cheers.

What is on YouTube is probably from the 2005 shows. Parts of them were broadcast on Dutch TV. This is also where the DVD footage that Steve is going to release is coming from. The problem with YouTube of course is that it's responsible for a lot of misinformation, as people post things there without permission, and to complicate matters, post incorrect information about what they posted.

There will be both a CD and DVD released from the shows. It will be out this year, though there is no release date set just yet.

Often Japanese stores like Tower get a little too excited and post incorrect release dates for albums and DVDs. For example, they have consistently posted a release date for NIN's "Closure" DVD now for a couple of years, yet it's been incorrect every time...

When it's scheduled for release, you'll see the info here - direct from the source. Unless it's posted here, treat any information you hear as unconfirmed.

Mikey
vai.com
I too apologise for the winging, :( Thank you for you lengthy explanation Mikey :wink:

Splish