London Guitar Show - Exclusive Steve Vai Masterclass

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Cleggy

That was a good day out that!

Shame i didnt see anybody i recognised... apart from steve. i was late arriving and left straight after but at least i got 2 free picks from my day out.

Yeah who was the idiot 'would you ever have your own signature guitar' erm.....

If the guy whos forcing his 8 year old kid to play then show yourself. Hats off to the way that question was posed.
saraht

Axemadman wrote:You should have went to the Fox before the show. A few of us were there and Steve came up to meet us!!

What a guy - who else would make the effort. He truly is a gentleman.

Ruta's seminar was also brilliant - I hope to take away a lot from today.

Thanks again to Steve and to Cristin who kept a very good secret!!
Steve came to meet you :?: I can't believe I missed out on that :!: :( Still, the masterclass was really interesting. Some of the questions people asked were a bit odd to say the least, but I thought Steve dealt with them very well!
Seraphim

Yes, Steve came to the Fox before the 1st masterclass. We are a few in there, I was there with the "list" with some friends from Vai.com!!!
We have waiting for meet more folks but they don't have appear. Maybe we ALL meet next time!!!
Ufffff, I'm still in heaven 8)
saraht

Seraphim wrote:Yes, Steve came to the Fox before the 1st masterclass. We are a few in there, I was there with the "list" with some friends from Vai.com!!!
We have waiting for meet more folks but they don't have appear. Maybe we ALL meet next time!!!
Ufffff, I'm still in heaven 8)
Yeah sorry, I really wanted to meet up with all of you, but I was going to the 2.30 masterclass so didn't really want to get there at 10am - plus I went out in London tonight for my friend's birthday, so didn't want to be in London from like 10am to 12pm or whatever... I might've made the effort if I'd known Steve was gonna be there though! :lol: but never mind, hopefully we'll get another chance to all meet up!
saraht

Oh dear, sorry, I meant 12am, not 12pm! :lol:
SPQR

I can't beleive the sheer ignorance of some people , there are a few videos on youtube being broadcasted from the masterclass, bad quality although always interesting to see Steve talk and play. :lol:
brentm

What drum machine was Steve using when he was 'locking' with the beat? He said it was Pandora's box??? But I couldn't find it on the web. Wish I could have been there!
Splish

brentm wrote:What drum machine was Steve using when he was 'locking' with the beat? He said it was Pandora's box??? But I couldn't find it on the web. Wish I could have been there!
Try looking up KORG, they make the thing...

Here you go http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?A_PRO ... egory_id=6

Man the last demo Steve did with it with the two symbol hits and then two hits on the bass drum was insane! Sorry... I'm still not over it :lol:

Splish
matsimpson

i loved the sustainer stuff, the control he has with the whammy bar...good lord :shock: !
I saw Ruta's seminar too and it was great but i had to leave early to stake out a good place to see Steve - i felt so guilty! Bbut it was really great and i didnt leave because it was bad (in case Ruta reads this :p)
Everything they both said inspired me so much, i didnt mind not seeing steve play that much because it was just great to hear wisdom coming from a man who knows so much about music, and is so passionate about it.
R1FSR

Here is a little teaser for you all

I have plenty of photos from both masterclasses ..ill upload them soon as i get time to sort through them all :wink: :wink:

Rather than use this thread for the pics ive posted them here
http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=272871#272871
salamancafiesta

i'm one of the ones asking a weird question in teh second seminar.

the question was:

as part of your style you have developed quite a number of unorthodox guitar techniques, tricks, weird noises and whamy bar extravaganzas. was it a conscious process and are you still working on creating more.

I just wanted to ask a question and that was the 1st thing that popped in my head
:roll:
Seraphim

salamancafiesta wrote:i'm one of the ones asking a weird question in teh second seminar.
Hi!!! Was not a weird question!!!
I enjoyed a lot!!! Also you ask if Steve planing to continue to do that wammy bar stuff, I believe...
I have talked about you with another Spanish member that I have meet there :P
saraht

salamancafiesta wrote:i'm one of the ones asking a weird question in teh second seminar.

the question was:

as part of your style you have developed quite a number of unorthodox guitar techniques, tricks, weird noises and whamy bar extravaganzas. was it a conscious process and are you still working on creating more.

I just wanted to ask a question and that was the 1st thing that popped in my head
I actually thought yours was one of the better questions - At least you had the guts to ask a question, which is more than can be said for me! although I wasn't that near the front so I probably wouldn't have had the opportunity to ask a question even if i'd wanted to!
I liked it when that person said "I can't believe I'm talking to Steve Vai" and Steve responded "I can't believe I am Steve Vai!" :lol:
And also when Steve played all that stuff at the beginning and then said "That meant hello!" :lol:
Cleggy

Who is Phil Holborne anyway? If hes the guy trying flog me effects pedals then he looks more like a drunk tramp then a reputable businessman. Not to say hes a bad effects maker just not good for sticking on stage.
slash89

the question was:

:) What was his answer?