G3 DVD status?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Ricky Garcia

Has been asked 1000000 times but whats up with the G3 DVD?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

I don't know of any plans for a new G3 DVD. Steve is working on his own, but I've not heard or read Joe mention anything about a new G3 one.

Still, you never know what might happen ;)

- Mikey :)
davester1234

Let's hope and pray for it to come to fruition, or a future g3 trio to be released on dvd.

Steve, you KNOW your fans would buy this...hell, I'd buy every single g3 incarnation that came to light. The performance is top notch, and each is like a snowflake...none are exactly the same, even though they might seem to be. Therefore, it would equal money well spent.

Thats fo sho! 8)
Pryde7
Newcomer

davester1234 wrote:Let's hope and pray for it to come to fruition, or a future g3 trio to be released on dvd.

Steve, you KNOW your fans would buy this...hell, I'd buy every single g3 incarnation that came to light. The performance is top notch, and each is like a snowflake...none are exactly the same, even though they might seem to be. Therefore, it would equal money well spent.

Thats fo sho! 8)
Hell yeah Dave 8)

IMHO, my fave G3 was the one with John Petrucci. All three performers were exciting (in their own ways), and it was my first real introduction to a Dream Theater member's work (and my first time seeing either of the three live, which was a truly memorable experience).

But then again, it depends on what Satch wants, right, since its his thang?

Were any of the shows professionally recorded?

K
dex

Joe would definately know more about this than Steve, but I would love a new G3 DVD.
If only they could do a bit of "Back Stage" footage and some interviews as well.
And in this day and age when you can cram up to 150 min on a single DVD just 3 songs from each artist wouldn't do.
I mean I would still buy it even if it was 1 song each + one Jam song but 5 songs each or 30-35 minute show each + 35 minute Jam would make me much happier.

my 0.02p :D

ilia
Anthony
VIP
VIP

Were any of the G3 performances filmed??
If so, what show?

Anthony
glynn

Yea, and I would love to see the guest spots too, like Andy Timmons in TX, PG, and all the other guys that did only one show. That could fill up that DVD right quick!

Ah, what a lovely dream, eh?

-g
Ricky Garcia

Maybe I mixed that up with the London DVD which was mentioned as beeing in the edeting stages on vai.com.

About a G3 footage I can say that I was at the G3 show in Boston and there were plenty of cams filming for the big projection screens they used as well... doesnt such material get video taped as well?

And damn it would be cool to see the Andy Timmons performance yes!!!
Bad Horsie
Newcomer

A dvd would be SWEEEEET !
<snip - see below>
Moderator77FP

Bad Horsie wrote:A dvd would be SWEEEEET !
<snip - see below>
Folks: Note the prohibited types of discussion content:

-Bootlegging, piracy or discussion about other ILLEGAL activities

Thanx,
Moderator77FP
Joel Lyndgohrd

I think I've heard something about a new G3 with Satch,Vai and Petrucci. But I don't think that this was any official info...

Looking forward to the London DVD though...
gabrielsean
Newcomer

It's already on DVD... but I wish I could have seen the original G3 live. Eric Johnson... WOW!!! And all 3 together... BIG WOW!
Jahovasnout
Banned

It's been out for a while now
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Jahovasnout wrote:It's been out for a while now
No need to revive a 3-year old topic with an obvious comment. :roll:

Mikey
vai.com
Jahovasnout
Banned

Oh sorry guys 8) :) :lol: :cry: :oops: :roll: :wink: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :idea: :x :shock: