A little ZPZ Visual Stimulation..

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
John

Amazing! Thank you! :D
junko

Thank you Mikey!
I want to go to the ZPZshow when I saw this.
Splish

AWESOMNESS :D

Splish
lydian2000

Mikey wrote:Check out these videos of Steve and Dweezil at the Zappa Plays Zappa show on Tuesday night in Montreal...

http://www.zappa.com/zpz/videos.html

Mikey :)
vai.com
WOW :shock:

thank you very much for the link mikey, very high quality stuff there...is there a DVD in progress?
resha

...kinda entering a paralell reality... really incredible.

Now I know what I missed :cry:

Hope for a dvd out :D

Thanx mikey
SPQR

Mikey wrote:Check out these videos of Steve and Dweezil at the Zappa Plays Zappa show on Tuesday night in Montreal...

http://www.zappa.com/zpz/videos.html

Mikey :)
vai.com
great stuff mikey, your a god
jemgirl

thank you so very much for the link mikey.
its wonderful to see it again.
it was a wonderful show i saw here in the netherlands.
watching this brings back the memory i have from that very special night!
once agian......thnx :wink:
EyE

Cool stuff Mikey. You have quite a steady hand. You did film this right? b/c I remember back in may when I attended the ZPZ show in Amsterdam you were filming also. Thanks again Mikey. :wink:
cbr1000f

Hey Mikey if you can provide videos of that quality then there's no way back, man:
When will the full DVD be in the shops?? :wink:
Wow, Steve's solo in "More trouble every day" is so sensitive! I especially love the first part.

Thanks Mikey!
slash89

cbr1000f wrote:Hey Mikey if you can provide videos of that quality then there's no way back, man:
When will the full DVD be in the shops?? :wink:
Wow, Steve's solo in "More trouble every day" is so sensitive! I especially love the first part.

Thanks Mikey!
I agree. The first part was heavenly sweet :)
Splish

Any chance of a DVD coming out :)

Splish
PSD

Let's hope Mikey's cinematography skills become the norm in Steve Vai productions. The "Trouble Every Day" clip is fantastic. Perfectly framed, not jumpy, no silly edits. You can really feel Steve's intensity coming through when there are no distractions. Nothing worse than throwing an attention-splitting crowd shot in or a quick pan to another member doing nothing more than supporting the soloist. I realize that this is a single shot and handheld so there were no editting options, but it is so much more effective and dynamic when the soloist commands the viewer's complete attention. Great stuff Mikey. Thank you.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

PSD wrote:Let's hope Mikey's cinematography skills become the norm in Steve Vai productions. The "Trouble Every Day" clip is fantastic. Perfectly framed, not jumpy, no silly edits. You can really feel Steve's intensity coming through when there are no distractions. Nothing worse than throwing an attention-splitting crowd shot in or a quick pan to another member doing nothing more than supporting the soloist. I realize that this is a single shot and handheld so there were no editting options, but it is so much more effective and dynamic when the soloist commands the viewer's complete attention. Great stuff Mikey. Thank you.
Thanks for your kind words.

I filemd the entire Real Illusions tour last year and we're making a DVD out of that, so hopefully you'll dig the results. :)

Mikey
vai.com
treeduck

The picture quality is amazing...

8)
-yasi-

Mikey wrote:
PSD wrote:Let's hope Mikey's cinematography skills become the norm in Steve Vai productions. The "Trouble Every Day" clip is fantastic. Perfectly framed, not jumpy, no silly edits. You can really feel Steve's intensity coming through when there are no distractions. Nothing worse than throwing an attention-splitting crowd shot in or a quick pan to another member doing nothing more than supporting the soloist. I realize that this is a single shot and handheld so there were no editting options, but it is so much more effective and dynamic when the soloist commands the viewer's complete attention. Great stuff Mikey. Thank you.
Thanks for your kind words.

I filemd the entire Real Illusions tour last year and we're making a DVD out of that, so hopefully you'll dig the results. :)

Mikey
vai.com
I can't wait :D :D