Boston Rain Melody

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
cnc74

There is just something about this song that squeezes my heart each and every time I hear it played. I still get a lump in my throat when I hear it. It has an enormous affect on me. Steve, I know you started writing this while in Boston at a G3 soundcheck, but I was just wondering if there was any more to the story? If not, it's amazing what a little rain and thunder can spark. :wink:
Christin :wink:
seashell

It's so comforting. I dunno what I'd do without that song sometimes, had to listen to it after I learnt I was going to be kicked out of college :(
maximus

I love that song. Really gentle melody, mellow but not boring. Like Tony Franklin said not too long ago, "Every monster has their sensitive side!"

And Steve Vai is certainly a MONSTER! :twisted:
EyE

It's funny what music can do with you. It's really unbelieveable what kind of power it has. The energy that comes with a song can sometimes project it to those who listen to it. It's pure form can make you laugh, cry, jump or even relax in a erotic way :wink: . Vai can certainly move you, atleast us Vai-fans he can. And indeed, what a little thunder and rain can start.
Instrumentalrockrocks

Beautiful song... one of the best songs of Mr. Vai in my opinion!

Shred On :guitar
Angyalka

I just love this song... It always inspires my thoughts & imagination to fly... and that's so funny to learn that a lot of people feel the same things, in every part of the world, just like me...! :) It's really amazing what music can do...

@seashell: sorry to hear that...:( I hope things will turn right for you... keeping fingers crossed for you!

Love,
Angyalka :)
seashell

Angyalka wrote:
@seashell: sorry to hear that...:( I hope things will turn right for you... keeping fingers crossed for you!

Love,
Angyalka :)
Thank you ever so much! Don't worry it happened a while back, I got into a different college and passed my exam, so it all turned out fine. Thank you so much for the support though.

:)
GuitarStrings

seashell wrote:It's so comforting. I dunno what I'd do without that song sometimes, had to listen to it after I learnt I was going to be kicked out of college :(

Hey my friend I know EXACTLY what you mean.
I too find that many of Steve's songs have this healing power.
I have had so many misfortunes in my life, but every time Steve's Music sort of comforted me, like no other music can do.
I think it's all about how Steve composed these songs, they are comforting and bring new energy to you. They are SO moving but not sad or depressing, like the way many artists seem to make music these days.
Bennett

one of my favourites :lol:
slash89

Bennett wrote:one of my favourites :lol:
Ditto :P
Emi

The other day I was playing that song, the first minutes, and i felt my a strange feeling in my body... i REALLY like that song...

Peace :D
Waugh

cnc74 wrote:There is just something about this song that squeezes my heart each and every time I hear it played. I still get a lump in my throat when I hear it. It has an enormous affect on me. Steve, I know you started writing this while in Boston at a G3 soundcheck, but I was just wondering if there was any more to the story? If not, it's amazing what a little rain and thunder can spark. :wink:
Christin :wink:
It has the same effect on me. :o Sometimes I can listen to it in loop...
maximus

I did that with Sister last night.
strat167

I totally agree. Boston Rain Melody is captivating, and beautiful beyond belief.

I guess, in a sense, seeing as a bunch of crap has happened, and sur-mounted on everything else (this is over the span of three days... a few things that i would prefer not to get into, but it was bad enough that when I was talking to my best friend about it, he walked me home, came inside, took all the booze, all the weapons and left me with the food that was in the fridge... and then sat here with me all day helping me through all this... he's a brother to me), it kinda felt good being able to listen to the rain outside. But when I popped in my Seventh Song and went deserpately searching for the song that was raising my spirit a little, and the moment I thought that I was looking on the wrong disk, BAM! It hit's with stunning beauty and grace, and I'm feeling like the song is that arm over my shoulders, embracing me and blanketing me in warmth... comforting me, since I've lost the only person who ever could fully comfort me...

ack...

Well I should end tonight off with a bit more surfing on the forums and then it's off to bed so I can have some energy for our schools Jazz band (we might be going international this year since we got a gold in the nationals last year!) practice tomorrow in the wee-hours of the mornin'.

G'night all!

[/rant]
Kilar

Yes, this song is an absolute jem. I don't listen to it nearly enough, but every time I do I just love it.

Although it could have used a bit more turntable scratchin'... And a few more dance tramps in the film clip... :wink: