The Official G3 '04 Europe Discussion

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
ROCK KITTEN 76

ahh i'm here....shacks i could'nt find your post..lol
ok i'm on the case ..i'd say forget the Rock cafe...AS THEY DO WESTLIFE! :shock: i have previously ranted about that somewhere in the forum

maybe thats gonna be the first thing to say ..hey how about this for a senario
KITTEN : "GUYS STEVE YOU GOTTA DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE HARD ROCK CAFE HERE!!"
STEVE,JOE ETC : "WHERE IS THIS PLACE"
KITTEN " ITS NOT TOO FAR FROM HERE"
SV "TAKE US THERE"
KITTEN "OK FOLLOW ME"
(the crew and kitten walk out of the NIA and head towards the hardrock cafe armed with guitars amps etc)

background music hit me baby one more time playing wayyy too loud as we desend upon the place

SV SHOUTS "HEEEEADDDS UP"
they jack in and blow the tv screens away westlife n brittany are no more
unplug n walk out kitten turns to the opened mouthed crowd and says ..........

"NOW THATS WHAT YOU CALL HARD ROCK!!!"
Bono

lol! :lol:

Sadly I'd have to agree with the Hard Rock Cafe...its really crappy, although the one in London is amazing (Both Satriani and Vai guitars, John Lennons glasses too :shock: )
shacks

So where is good to go folks?????...I could go to my hotel bar but Id rather not... :( . I fly in from Dublin for da gig so my party head will certainly be on!! :twisted:

shacks
ROCK KITTEN 76

theres a load of clubs bars pubs but its more of a dance scene
main places from what i remember

are broad street
john bright street
all round

there used to be a fantastic rock club edwards and the koster monga (excuse the spelling)

the best thing i can suggest is taking a look at this site
http://www.birminghamuk.com/entertainment.htm

by the way how long are you staying on for

as theres the stourbridge rock cafe but its a fair distance from brum city
there's a few great places closer to my place live bands at many a pub one belonging to my ex..lol
its called the hop pole inn in bromsgrove i think you can look up whats on there over the weekend
hope thats helped..i think these days brum city is more of a dance scene really but the beer flows..hehe
shacks

Cheers buddy for the info :D

shacks
chris5150
Newcomer

oh hell yeah, what a great month, first Van Halen release 3 NEW songs, and now i get to see Vai and Satch in Bournemouth.
There are some pics at the satriani website of his rehersals, looks like he's gona be playin Lifestyle off his new album.
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bono

Looks like he's going to be playing 'Searching' as well - that should be amazing...I reckon that'll probably be one that changes every night as it sounds almost completely improvised on the album.
shacks

'Searching' is a killer tune! It will be great to hear Satch SINGING on a new one too. All of the album has a very live sound and is fantastically produced, hopefully we'll get to hear alot of it...

shacks
shacks

ROCK KITTEN 76 wrote:ahh i'm here....shacks i could'nt find your post..lol
ok i'm on the case ..i'd say forget the Rock cafe...AS THEY DO WESTLIFE! :shock: i have previously ranted about that somewhere in the forum

maybe thats gonna be the first thing to say ..hey how about this for a senario
KITTEN : "GUYS STEVE YOU GOTTA DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE HARD ROCK CAFE HERE!!"
STEVE,JOE ETC : "WHERE IS THIS PLACE"
KITTEN " ITS NOT TOO FAR FROM HERE"
SV "TAKE US THERE"
KITTEN "OK FOLLOW ME"
(the crew and kitten walk out of the NIA and head towards the hardrock cafe armed with guitars amps etc)

background music hit me baby one more time playing wayyy too loud as we desend upon the place

SV SHOUTS "HEEEEADDDS UP"
they jack in and blow the tv screens away westlife n brittany are no more
unplug n walk out kitten turns to the opened mouthed crowd and says ..........

"NOW THATS WHAT YOU CALL HARD ROCK!!!"

Have you been eating those blue Smarties again? :roll:

shacks
:D
Texter

A big demolition ball hanging down from a big crane might also be rockin' hard...without the blue smarties :wink:
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guys & gals,
Anyone know about photo equipment policy at Arrowrock? I'd like to bring a camera.

Thanks.
EyE

Hope it's possible Jeroenn! Would be cool to make your own Live G3 Video!
All of you who are going (hate that i'm not one of you!!) have a good show (know you will!!) and drink one for those who are not going (like me :cry:).

I'm glad though, i've seen Steve with MPO. But would have been cool to see a G3 concert again. Fill me in how it was guys.

ps. I thought you wure not going Jeroenn?
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey dude, I'm not taking a video camera.. :) Just a digital photo camera I borrowed from my brother.

You're right, I wasn't. But the appointment I had fell through a while ago. I never gave it a second thought, because I assumed it was sold out. I mean, the MPO shows were sold out in like January.. :) But Mikey reminded me a couple of days ago, and I gave their website a look, and there it was, tickets still available. So the next morning I got one at the postoffice, and here I am ready for another mindblowing evening!
Bono

I think Mikey said a while ago about the US tour, is that the official word is that no cameras are allowed at G3 shows...I presume that still applies with the European shows too. :(
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

See

http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5617

Dpends on the venue. I'm gonna bring it anyway.