The Official G3 '04 Europe Discussion

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
blacknapkins_1977
Newcomer

well my albert hall tickets just arrived!!! i am one happy man!!!
god i hope steve plays "i know your here" i love that tune... the intro triple neck section is amazing!!!! (does anyone know if this tune is from the new album?) if this is what steve has waiting for us june 29th is gonna be something special!!!
love the new drummer too! that guy really adds somthing to the bands sound -really tight and powerful

laters!!!
see you all there!!!
ArnieBall

Any infos on tickets for Spain ? Are they on sale ? I don't see anything about it on the web...
Godfather

I would so love to see a G3 tour that comes down under either to Aussie or here in NZ, that would make my life. I wouldn't really care who the third G was as I would finally get to see Joe, apparantly he will not tour NZ again after a disasterous appearance at Mountain Rock in Wanganui where he wasn't paid (criminal NZ promoters denying us a chance to see Joe), and I would get to see Steve again.
ROCK KITTEN 76

AHH geese i knew i posted in the wrong thread...

ok i guess i'm going to repeat myself ...I am off to the Birmingham N.I.A GIG June 26th really looking forward to it ... yeah i was wondering and hoping mr sheehan and the crew where going to be present at this gig...they make a pretty electric combination i think theres just an overwhelming sense they work real hard at this and really make it work
looking at them at astoria minus satch and fripp...wow...so i'm really getting excited at the thought of my first G3 and seeing not just the front men but the whole crew going at it...

still ..i'd kill to have seen the G3 of previous years

kitty :)
shacks

Ill be at the Brum show too. 4th row centre. Flying in from Dublin. I see Metallica at the Dublin RDS the night before!...and Jeff Beck at Newcastle the Sunday before...RRAAWWKK!!
shacks

These extra G3 July dates are up on satriani.com...

13 Tue Torwar Warsaw, PL

15 Thu Volkshaus Zurich, CH

shacks
ROCK KITTEN 76

i'm in block F lower tier allthough i wanted to get up front..yeah its going to be a great night!

and have fun at the metallica gig too. :wink:

Hey i don't know if you can get this but i'm really after the live version of BILLY SHEEHANS, CAMELEON performed at ASTORIA with Vai? does anyone know if there will be an audio cd with the set from astoria or will it just remain on DVD which i have watched around 25 times now...ahh never get tired of watching that...

:mrgreen:
shacks

RK

I think (I KNOW!) this mail should be in the DVD thread but what the hell...If you listen to the commentary on the DVD SV talks of the possibility of releasing a CD of the London Gig. He mentiones the Sony Bootleg series which are available only on-line from Sony America. I recently got a live Jeff Beck CD from the bootleg series..so who knows. I cant help you on the BS CD-sorry!

shacks

PS you can have my 4th row from the front of stage, bang in the middle of the row ticket if you want...

£150.00

Only joking!
ROCK KITTEN 76

hehe ...actually i'm prob better off on the tiered..i'm a shorty for sure...around 4ft 11 ..there would be more reasons than one for constantly jumping erractically :lol: :lol:
shacks

If anyone out there is thinking about going to the G3 show at the B'ham NIA have a look at ticketline.co.uk for tickets. They are selling for Block A which is front block, left of stage! These tickets are much better than the ones left at the NIA official site.

shacks
ROCK KITTEN 76

so the ones i have are not good...? ahh shucks this is sucking greatly..i've already payed for mine

ah well never mind..hey I can still hear the music at least..I'm happy with that in its own right
Bono

I'm in the right hand block, 3 rows from the front...can't wait :D
Rozman
Newcomer

Anybody got any idea how Vai's team is going to put through the Europe After Show pass contest??? Where can I sign in?
Passion & Warfare

I can´t believe it,... they aren´t coming to Germany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

This is a sad day :-(
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

It's a shame they can't tour everywhere, but many issues come in to play when organizing a tour. There are any number of variables as to why the tour is not hitting Ireland and Germany. It could be due to venue scheduling, lack of promoters willing to book the gig, risk/liability etc.

It's certainly nothing personal.

In any case, Steve isn't responsible for booking the G3 dates. He's a participant - not and organizer.

Luckily, Europe is a relatively small place and it's a bit easier for people to travel to nearby shows.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com