The Official G3 '04 Europe Discussion

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Chukie

And does anybody know where and when can I buy or purchase tickets on the concert in Bank Austria Halle? Im from Czech republic and I dont speak German, but Im going to see the g3 show in Vienna
badhorsie

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh...

this is a sad sad sad day.
i sweared to myself that if steve would ever come to europe with g3 again, i would go there...everytime i heard the g3 cd i thought how bombastic it would be to see him onstage with satch and another guy.
esacially playing red house or so - thats just perfect.

now i read that he doesn't tour in germany.
no big deal, i can go to zürich in switzerland.
but that show is one day before i have the most important test in university. and the other shows are too far away.
i'm nearly crying...and can't believe how fateful life can be.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
sadhorsie

ps: if there's anybody who's driving to italy or austria and wants to take me along, please send me a mail.
Darth-Vader

Mikey wrote:Luckily, Europe is a relatively small place and it's a bit easier for people to travel to nearby shows.
I just hope this one was meant to be a joke. Isn't it far enough to travel ~ 500 kilometers to see the nearest show? And by the way: Unluckily, in Europe gas is more than twice as expensive as in the US.

It is really a shame they don't come to Germany.
shacks

Why not get on a plane? You must have plenty of low cost air-lines in Germany. Iam flying to Dublin to see Metallica then flying to B'ham for the G3 show the next day. The cost of the flight is bugger all. Where there's a will there's a way...
Godfather

It is a lot easier to travel from Germany to Austria or Italy than it is to travel from New Zealand to those places. It would cost me over $1000USD to go to one of those shows, probably more.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Darth-Vader wrote:
Mikey wrote:Luckily, Europe is a relatively small place and it's a bit easier for people to travel to nearby shows.
I just hope this one was meant to be a joke. Isn't it far enough to travel ~ 500 kilometers to see the nearest show? And by the way: Unluckily, in Europe gas is more than twice as expensive as in the US.

Not meant to be a joke. By and large it's easier to travel around Europe given its size than many other places.

You can travel by train with relative ease.

In any case, it's a shame the G3 isn't going to Germany - but that's just the way it is... :(
badhorsie

it depends on the financial situation and the time you have.
with 1000$ as said above plus one week freetime...well there shouldn't be a problem.
but i just couldn't afford that.

to all of you having the chance to see a show:
have fun and greetings to steve 8)
( my autograph on the back of my jem needs to be refreshed...hmm...perhaps this is worth the 1000$ :) )

madhorsie
Godfather

That is the price to fly from New Zealand, roughly, which is further from Germany than Australia. If I took a week off work it would take me roughly 2 days to get to Germany and then 2 days to get home, possibly more depending on flights. So I would have at most 3 days in Germany whilst being really damn jet lagged etc, and it is well out of my price range. $1000USD = roughly NZD$2000. In a week I make $370 NZD after tax. Take rent petrol and food out of that and I have about $50 a week disposable income, not enough to save up on. Face it, it is easier for someone in Austria to get to Germany than someone from NZ. Just ask Mikey, he is from Australia, he will give you an idea of the distance and expense involved.
Crazyte
Newcomer

Darth-Vader wrote:

500 km is far??? It's almost near :) I flew to Spain (3000 km) to see Steve Vai concert last year. Luckily, this year he comes much closer :)
shacks

I have just noticed on the Albert Hall site that there are tickets available for the choir section of the hall. From looking at the floor plan the choir section is located on the stage to the rear???!!! Is that right? Is there anybody out there who has been to a Albert Hall show before? It seems a bit strange to have people sitting there for a gig, looking at the backs of the geezers on stage!
Bono

shacks wrote:I have just noticed on the Albert Hall site that there are tickets available for the choir section of the hall. From looking at the floor plan the choir section is located on the stage to the rear???!!! Is that right? Is there anybody out there who has been to a Albert Hall show before? It seems a bit strange to have people sitting there for a gig, looking at the backs of the geezers on stage!
This isn't a first...choir stalls are usually the cheap seats in the house but if you're going to see a guitarist/band, it's a waste of money. When I went to see John Williams (the composer), I sat in the choir stalls and they were probably the best seats!...he was looking in our direction the whole time and we were close enough to read the music for the percussion. If I were you, avoid these seats if your going to see G3 as they will be rubbish...if you go to see a conductor or someone like that, grab them as soon as you can!
JohnnyKwango
Newcomer

Guthrie Govan or Bumblefoot.

Or Matthias IA Eklundh of Freak Kitchen.
Samuele

Hi everyone,
I thought that posting the links to the site which sells tickets for the G3 italian shows could be useful. So here they are.

The home page is http://www.ticketone.it/

These are the links to the single shows:

6 JULY: Mazda Palace, MILAN, ITALY

7 JULY: Centrale de Tenis - ROME, ITALY

8 JULY: Villa Pisani - PADOVA, ITALY

There are two pages for the Pistoia show, I really don't know why. The second one just looks slightly different.
16 JULY: Pistoia Blues Festival, Duomo Square - PISTOIA, ITALY (1st page)

16 JULY: Pistoia Blues Festival, Duomo Square - PISTOIA, ITALY (2nd page)

I'm gonna be attending the 8 July concert.
Hope each link works, this is actually my second post.
I hope this is useful. :)
Petie

I grew up in regional Australia where it was half a day's drive to the nearest capital city to see a concert. I could only dream of living somewhere like Europe where I could be in an entirely different country in the same amount of time... but in those days it was quite exciting to cruise along the highway blasting Vai or Ozzy or Van Halen CDs in anticipation of the concert.

By some unique twist of fate, the Melbourne venue Steve is playing on his oz tour, and to which I've driven that half-day trip to see him play twice before, is literally at the end of the street where I now live. Woohoo!
the secret of love

i cant wait for the 23rd of june, im kacking my pants, i really wish i had seen the one with john petrucci and the one with malsteem, p.s. 1st post

i would love to see a G3 with steve morse