The Official G3 '04 Europe Discussion

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Bono

shacks wrote:Bono as a brummie I am guessing you've probably been to a Academy show set up for the NIA before? If so whats its like? I hear it holds about 4,500. Looks like quite an intimate set up from the vid on the NEC website.
Hiya

I've been to the NIA Academy only a few times before, none of which were music concerts. Does anybody remember the 'Gladiators'? Old TV show on ITV (Channel 3)...that came from the NIA in Birmingham. I also went to see David Copperfield, the magician there. Both events were amazing, although there were a couple of tech problems with Copperfield...but this was like 1995...ages ago. Its a great arena and in my opinion, better than the NEC. When it's full, the atmosphere for the NIA is amazing...Birmingham is full of great venues...NEC,NIA,Academy,Symphony Hall (This is meant to have one of the greatest sound systems in the country but it's not really for rock concerts lol...) I think the Vai camp probably chose the best place to have the concert, I just hope its good, which I'm sure it will be (It's Vai and Satriani, of course it will!)
shacks

Mikey wrote:
Radio Ga Ga wrote:Hallo evrbdy, why they have been cancelled from "tour dates" on vai.com and satriani.com the Italian and Spanish dates? :shock: :shock: :shock: perhaps for the tragic facts of Madrid? :cry: ....please Mikey give us news :!: ....
Nothing has been cancelled, but the promoter asked us to take them down because they are still being finalized.

I try to put up information as early as possible for you guys - and sometimes I break the rules doing so. You'll notice that we had tour dates up - with links to buy tickets - weeks before Satriani did.

While it's not a competition, I try to bring you the news first...

Sit tight. As soon as I have the go-ahead to post the dates for the rest of Europe, I will.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com
Mikey

Hats off to you for been so **** hot at giving us the ticket info so early. Tickets for the UK G3 tour have been on sale for 12 days. It amazes me that satriani.com latest tour news is only city lists. No venues or details that the TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!

Cheers
Shacks
Little_Alligator

Mikey

Hats off to you for been so **** hot at giving us the ticket info so early. Tickets for the UK G3 tour have been on sale for 12 days. It amazes me that satriani.com latest tour news is only city lists. No venues or details that the TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!

Cheers
Shacks
I second that Shacks,
The amount of good concerts I've missed because by the time I hear about tickets they're all gone :evil: Not this time :D Great work Mikey 8)

Jibboom!

SPM
Skyscraper

What a refreshing change - organisers being told off for being TOO informative! :lol:

It's great that you're so keen to keep us up to date though Mikey. I have to admit to having checked Satriani.com before I checked here and thought it fortunate to have come here when Satriani.com still doesn't have venues and ticket information. Like many others, I could still have been sat here waiting for information instead of having bought tickets already, so thank you so much for all the effort you go to to keep us updated.

It would be really great to have the Spanish gigs confirmed, I could well be tempted to make the pilgrimage for a G3 gig over there if all goes according to plan. The idea of having the Barcelona gig at the Razzmatazz would be fantastic, I've been there before to see Status Quo a couple of years ago (hey don't laugh, I like them!) and the atmosphere you can have in there is brilliant. Tell the guys, the bands and the crews all to make sure they have a change of clothes though, as the place gets like a sauna after about half an hour of everyone being packed in there! Don't have a clue where La Riviera is, despite having lived in Madrid for the best part of nine months!
Radio Ga Ga

...the spanish and italian dates are back on satriani.com!!!... :D :D :D
Jemfever

Hi Mikey!
Will Steve play any concerts in Germany this summer?So far it seems as if he'd play everywhere except in Germany.Any ideas?
trev

any chance of it comin through ireland now?
Vaiper

IM GOIN TO G3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Veye

Hey,

i'm really curious what arsenal Steve's bringing for this tour..

Any of these beauties maybe http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3251 ?

Also, will there be any new songs played off the forthcoming album?

Veye
Veye

After seeing that G3 DVD-clip of Yngwie, I think (even more) it's a pity he's not on the bill..he would have rocked Europe to pieces!!

:roll:
Veye
Veye

Veye wrote:Hey,

i'm really curious what arsenal Steve's bringing for this tour..

Any of these beauties maybe http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3251 ?

Also, will there be any new songs played off the forthcoming album?

Veye
I need to quote myself on this one.. :wink:

Maybe he should avoid EVO & FLO this time around, as those old ones seems to be more out of tune than in tune.. :roll:

Quite embarassing (and a real pity!) to "destroy" such a lovely piece as FTLOG on The Astoria DVD.. :shock:

Maybe it's about time to write "RIP" instead of their names..

:wink:
Veye
Ben
Newcomer

Hey people this is my first post!

I can't beleive G3 are coming to the UK!!! I've been dyin' to see them since I first got the origional G3 video, and they'll be playing Glasgow!!
I saw Joe Satriani play back in 2000 so it will be amazing to see him again as well as Steve!

I wonder if Robert Fripp will be any good....

Ah well got to run, South Park's about to start
Vaiper

i heard a few sound clips of Robert Fripp. kinda sucks, but maybe hell be good on the night. I cant believe im actually GOIN :lol:
Guitar playin dude
Newcomer

Hi Steve, I have just watched the G3 dvd and want to tell you how excellent you and Joe are, I was totally blown away by your playing yet again.
I just want to say in the words of the legendary swedish quartet Abba.
"Thank-you for the music, the songs I'm singing,
thanks for all the joy you've given,
who can live without it,
I ask in all honesty, what can it be....etc,etc.
That goes for the Astoria dvd too.

Anyway back to my question. Has anybody been to the Royal Concert Hall in Nottingham? I was just wondering what the place is like. Cheers.
trev

i ordered my tickets for the glasgow gig
WOOCHAA!
cant wait!