How Steve saved my life

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
mayuka

Okay, I dont know why I'm gonna tell you all about this but whatever here it goes.
Late-last year I felt that I didnt really have any reason to live. I hated my life, and everything I did. I was really close to doing something really stupid. At the time I was drinking and doing drugs. Well one day my cousin gave me a Steve Vai cd, and it litearly saved my life. It was the most beautiful things I ever heard. The first time I heard For the Love of God I teared up. From that day forth I decided I would never drink and do drugs again, and devote my life more to God and music. It was hard for me to quit, but Steve's music helped me through it. Now it's been 10 months ive been clean and I like myself more about it and life has been alot better. Now I have almost every single Vai album, and all the dvds he's been in. It feels so good so to be clean and I have Vai to thank for it.

So Steve if you read this I want you to know that I love you. Not just as a Musican, but as someone who has saved my life. I owe you so much, I just hope I can re-pay you someday.

Thank you Steve,
And also all of you who have read my story...
Gary2005

Thats great to hear Mayuka, I hope things only get better for you as life goes on eh =)
jemgirl

hi mayuka,
what a great story!
keep it this way dude!!
indeed,steve is a very special person.
i`m really happy for you!!

keep on rockin :headbang
DiMarzio

Thats a beautifull story :) Glad you're doing ok now!
fiddlemord

That's great! I wish good luck for your life! Keep on rockin' in the free world!
seashell

Awesome story! It wasn't just Steve who saved your life though. You must have already had the will power and strength needed in you before, Steve only helped bring it out. You sound like a real surviour to me and deserve all the congratulations in the world. Steve would be proud my friend :D

So sincerly, well done you! From my heart, I wish you all the best for the rest of your life. Just keep rocking and believing in yourself!!!

:)
eareshel

Steve is inspiering in many ways.
Since i started listening to him i have become a better person myself! THanks Steve! :D
vaigod

God bless you bro.

Keep on the right path and continue to feel proud of the fact that you are still here with us to share this wonderful story..

Thanks!

~D
slash89

Good for you man 8)
<will>
Banned

mayuka

Thanks everyone. My life is alot better as I said. I see myself and think, wow im so glad i didnt do anything stupid. With all ur support it makes me feel alot better. No im not emo lol. but thanks for saying that ur supporting me. Hey Steve thanks again for all u done!
Angelicosis

mayuka wrote:Okay, I dont know why I'm gonna tell you all about this but whatever here it goes.
Late-last year I felt that I didnt really have any reason to live. I hated my life, and everything I did. I was really close to doing something really stupid. At the time I was drinking and doing drugs. Well one day my cousin gave me a Steve Vai cd, and it litearly saved my life. It was the most beautiful things I ever heard. The first time I heard For the Love of God I teared up. From that day forth I decided I would never drink and do drugs again, and devote my life more to God and music. It was hard for me to quit, but Steve's music helped me through it. Now it's been 10 months ive been clean and I like myself more about it and life has been alot better. Now I have almost every single Vai album, and all the dvds he's been in. It feels so good so to be clean and I have Vai to thank for it.

So Steve if you read this I want you to know that I love you. Not just as a Musican, but as someone who has saved my life. I owe you so much, I just hope I can re-pay you someday.

Thank you Steve,
And also all of you who have read my story...
very similar thing happened to me!!! I was really close to hell and Steve, thru his music, helped me to get back.

I love You Steve and God bless You!!!

Angelika
Trinity777

I can relate. 1st my life went into a tailspin in March of 1996, then the rug got pulled out from under me on May 5th 1996
My life transformed July 12, 1996 was the last night I partied. ( so to speak ) real long story.

For me it was not only just Steve's music alone, It has been a collective combination of an intervention of something greater than myself, music, form of prayer, meditating, and learning how to balance it all, walking on a path that was designed by God himself just for me.

I'm greatful that there are folks like Steve to help us all on our jouney here on earth.

I've learned God has a plan for every one of us and everyone of us all have a purpose here. I'm greatful for this forum that we all can share our stories & joys as well as sorrows!

Trinity777 8)
Samuele

Hey mayuka, that's a great story. I'm glad for you.

I think my life too would be grey and kind of miserable had it not been for Steve's work, although I didn't go through what you did. It made me realize how many better and worthier things you can do and cultivate in your life.

It probably is so with many of us Vai folks and I think it's way too cool. :)
slash89

Samuele wrote:Hey mayuka, that's a great story. I'm glad for you.

I think my life too would be grey and kind of miserable had it not been for Steve's work, although I didn't go through what you did. It made me realize how many better and worthier things you can do and cultivate in your life.

It probably is so with many of us Vai folks and I think it's way too cool. :)
I know what you mean. There are certain factors and things that really does enlighten an extra spark in everyone's life :)