Anybody actually dreamt of Vai?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
jdnmusic

#76 Post by jdnmusic » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:50 pm

haha ive never dreamt about steve...
however i have dreamed of many many girls. =]

Prezidentman

#77 Post by Prezidentman » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:21 am

I had a weird one last night, where I was at some G3-type show in Germany I believe and Steve was on stage with Paul Gilbert playing some tune, it was a fairly small venue so was able to see well, first Paul played his fast standard fast-picking solo then it was Steve's turn, he played this totally otherwordly-soundind-open string solo with a lot of artificial harmonics creating sounds that could only be created in a dream, everyone at the show was speechless. Then the second song ended and since the venue was only about half full (hey, don't ask me why) I made my way to the front of the stage and that's when Steve started talking about how he has a lot of personal issues going on that are keeping him from fully concentrating and that his playing is under the circumstances just not good enough and the show is over. He said sorry and hoped we understand...I shouted that I had to travel a bloody long way for this show but it made no difference...then I woke up.
:lol:

maximus

#78 Post by maximus » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:47 pm

I didn't have an actual sleeping DREAM but I put on Passion and Warfare and I closed my eyes and concentrated and things happened. I was with a friend and we actually encountered each other in the "dream" thing so we held our hands together and traveled around the dream place together. Try it!

Trinity777

#79 Post by Trinity777 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:43 pm

I had a real weird one this morning before waking up. I was in this strange place. Johnny (my ex) was talking to Steve, Johnny was telling Steve I was his 1st wife. :shock: I'm pulling on Johny's goatee, and in my head I say, to Johnny, "why are you telling Steve this"? :shock: "He dosent care about such things"! Then I said it real loud in my head "who do you think you are,"? telling Steve this, he's a professional guitarist leave him alone, he dosent care about what you have to say".

" Steve only care's about music " Now go away Johnny, your taking up room, I'm charging you rent for taking up space in my head"

When my guide's show up as Johnny & Steve, it has something to do with my son. :oops: :roll:

I'll leave the rest of the freaky details out. I now have to stay on red alert! :roll:

Trinity777 8)

EyE

#80 Post by EyE » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:01 pm

Had one last night. Steve was playing at some open air show. He was on stage and the band stopped playing. He started to give a improve solo. He ended up by playing with both hands using picks. His righthand does some fast picking on the open b and his lefthand picks a melody on the upperstrings. While doing that he uses the virbatoarm of the upperstrings. He's using a guitar similair to the one he has with the split bridge and 2 vibratoarms. The Steve on stage is the younger Steve say of the Flexable periode. btw, the crowd went wild :wink:

vaitron

#81 Post by vaitron » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:49 pm

hope no more

MR Fastfinger
Newcomer

#82 Post by MR Fastfinger » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:30 pm

I saw few years ago a dream about Mick Jagger. he was talkin' to my dad. Really weird. Dream about Vai? cant remember now.

codnchips

#83 Post by codnchips » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:23 pm

I had a dream with Steve in it last night. We were in my house just chillin. Everytime I tried to ask him a question about himself & music, he pulled a face of discomfort and gently shook his hands, asking not to talk about THOSE subjects. I remember Steve liking the tomato plants in my garden and the house is general. Whilst we were walking around, I (naturally) wanted to keep asking questions yet couldn't - I remember thinking in my dream "This is frustrating and quite difficult - Steve Vai is in my house and we can't talk about music!!"

I haven't had a Vai dream for years (this is my third and the weirdest!!) :D

LoveBlood

#84 Post by LoveBlood » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:38 am

I once dreamt that Steve was playing at some kind of gig where there was like a catwalk going around the ceiling and he was running around it playing and I was sat at the bar which was like on the stage somehow, you know how dreams are... He broke a string but managed to get through the performance, I believe he was just playing on his own, there was no band lol.
So when he finished he sat at the bar and I believe I gave him a hug and went to give him a kiss on the cheek but I had like this ridiculously huge brace thing on my mouth??? lol so, I couldn't get anywhere near his face haha. Don't really remember anything more than that.

Trinity777

#85 Post by Trinity777 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:08 pm

I had a dream with Steve and a few other musicans a few months ago.

Before I steped onto this platforn that was round, my dad was playing a bass riff that I didnt reconize. I looked at my dad puzzeled and his hair grew real long in afew seconds & he looked into my eye's & said what he always says to me " say it with music "

I then steped onto the large round platform then my 12 string guitar appeared in my hands, and all these foot peddles that I didnt reconize, were at my feet.

I started playing on of my songs, I then heard guitar playing behind my left then on my right & from behind me was, the sound of a stand up bass & violin, then drumming was in the middle of all this and the round large platform started to slowly turn and seem to come up onto a higher level.

As I'm playing, I couldnt see any of these musicans, they were in the shadows. on this large round platform that was slowly turning around.

The darkness that surround me I could only see this one bright light, that was shining on me, and that's all I could see.

I started playing Feather Dance, and I heard castanets clicking with the beat of the song, something tells me to turn around, as I did I saw a large video screen of a man & woman dancing a flaminco style dance, then the 2 guitar started playing along with the song, then they steped out of the shadows!

It was Steve on my left & Jeff Beck on my right, Stanley Clark on bass & Mark Wood on Violin, & Terry Bozio on the drums!!!!

As we finished the song, I all of a sudden heard a verry loud audience clapping & whisteling and screaming " Bravo" Bravo" Bravo", I turned around and there they all were, I looked down in the front of the auidence and there was my dad & mom smiling & standing on their feet with the rest of the auidence, clapping, Then
Steve comes up from behind me and wispers something in my ear and Jeff Beck comes up to me and shakes my hand & gives me a bear hug, I started to say something to him I then woke up. :roll:

Trinity777 8)

Desert_Runner

#86 Post by Desert_Runner » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:24 am

Thats the trouble with dreams... you always wake up.

h100

Re: Anybody actually dreamt of Vai?

#87 Post by h100 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:38 pm

eareshel wrote:, and Steve served us nuts and beer :P
lol gayest topic ive seen on here by far

LoveBlood

Re: Anybody actually dreamt of Vai?

#88 Post by LoveBlood » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:50 am

h100 wrote:
eareshel wrote:, and Steve served us nuts and beer :P
lol gayest topic ive seen on here by far
I don't think theres anything "gay" about people talking about their dreams.

P-chy
Newcomer

#89 Post by P-chy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:55 am

I had some funny weird and unforgettable dreams... I used to make em as a diary but that was too weird to understand.

one of that, Steve and Zakk Wylde were wrangling... just like barking dogs ! then my laughter woke myself up...

What was up with Zakk, Steve ? :roll:

metalus

#90 Post by metalus » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:35 am

i had this dream once that i was in dawsons music shop, looking for a guitar to buy (im not that great at guitar, so something cheap to start practicing on). so there i was looking at this fender copy, squire i think with amp for about £100. the shops then lights up with this wonderful guitar sounds. i turn around and there is Dr Vai sat on an amp playing away. i think i just stood there with my mouth hitting the floor hahaha. than woke up... :lol: