Anybody actually dreamt of Vai?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
maximus

#46 Post by maximus » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:45 pm

Guess I'll go eat some soap or something.

I'm twelve, dammit!
:lol: :lol:

Trust me, I am not the worst of them.... :shock:

saraht

#47 Post by saraht » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:57 pm

maximus wrote:Guess I'll go eat some soap or something.

I'm twelve, dammit!
:lol: :lol:

Trust me, I am not the worst of them.... :shock:
I’m sure you’re not the worst of them. Actually, you seem quite mature for a 12 year old – When I was 12 I was a complete geek...Oh wait, I still am! :mrgreen:

funnyguy12

#48 Post by funnyguy12 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:57 am

yea i had one too.
i was at my house and the door bell rings. and guess who is at the door. Steve!!!! i was like WHHHHHOAAAA!!!!!!! and he like shook my hand and brought with him a couple of people that cary his stuf and they bring in his legacy amps, a couple of racks and pedals, and like 10 guitars. the breed was there too. it was awesome sheehan, macalpine,and weiner. they brought all their gear too. my family was theree too to watch vai do like a private show in my house. it was awesome.lasted about 2 hours and at the end he gave me Evo, and Mojo. I was jumpin up and down. then i woke up. but what a dream it was.
beat that. oh and i amlost forgot. he also gave me a DNA jem too. man i wish it was real.

maximus

#49 Post by maximus » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:34 am

Last night I dreamed of getting a Jem.

I want one SO badly. :cry:

Dan McAwesome

#50 Post by Dan McAwesome » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:31 pm

maximus wrote:Last night I dreamed of getting a Jem.

I want one SO badly. :cry:

Lol, I believe thats the line I also fall in to in the dreams department...

- Dan

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

KISS

#51 Post by CymbalSplittingSkinbasher » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:53 am

I've dreamt of KISS more than any other band. I was obsessed with them as a youngster, still dig them a lot too, well, everything up to Dynasty. Creatures of The Night is cool too, oh man, now I gotta go put on War Machine. :mrgreen: :guitar :headbang

funnyguy12

wow

#52 Post by funnyguy12 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:19 pm

MAN I MUST BE GETTTING Steve FEVER!!! well last night i had another dream of vai. this time i was helping soundcheck at the g3 tokyo concert. but the stage was like twice as big. well anyway. it started when i saw Steve playing the drums?Weird huh? well he was playing very good and the name on his drum was Evo. on the bass drum.well Steve was talking to Joe after sound checking the drums and he saying that he didnt want to play in Tokyo at all. He really wanted to play in Hawaii. Steve and Joe had a little dispute about why they couldnt play in hawaii and then i woke up. guess steve never got to play in hawaii.

OOOOh this brings a question. Has Steve ever played in Hawaii? in real life i mean.

Ugur Dariveren

#53 Post by Ugur Dariveren » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:39 am

Dreams about Steve topic :lol:
I never seen before.

Well, i have two dreams about him and i going to tell you.

First Dream,
I am in a Steve Vai concert backstage. Me and few forum members. I only imagine Seraphim from forum members. We're waiting him at backstage. The building is have 3 floor. He is came ground floor and he have three suitcase. We're carry them up floor. I imagine a black large suitcase and he are wearing a black leather jacket.
And then, when the concert starts, Oh my god i'm at home and i watching this concert on a dvd. And then i wake up.

Second Dream,
I am in a concert backstage. I cant imagine true but its may be Cliff Benefit concert. I waiting him at stage, backside of his amps. And he came.
We did a short conversation. We're talking English language. But my English is not good so sometimes i cant understand him. He is talking about "fate" or "fates" but i can't remember true. It's may be other word starting "fa..." or ending "....tes". But may be other word. I really cant remember.
And someone to announce him. And he say "I'll be back". Then he going and played and back.
When he is back, we're a outside the venue. He gives some autographs to few fans. And we're talking at the same time. But i cant remember this talking.
And then we're get into a silver colour Mercedes. Steve is driving the car. Then, we are attend a place having tents. And he talking some people.
And again, we are get into car and we're going to a shopping center. I get out off car and i going to look his words mean in dictionary. This word is "fate" or "fates" or may be other word starting "fa..." or ending "....tes". Or other...
But i cant find dictionarys English to Turkish. And then i turn back in his car.
And he say "I want to go to Kadıköy, please describe the way" (If i dont write Turkish letter it is Kadikoy. Kadikoy is a district in Istanbul. But i cant imagine we're in Istanbul in dream)
Then i definition the way. I say turn left, turn right..etc. But i cant find freeway. Then i wake up. I feeling really weird.

I hope it's not have grammar errors.
If it have grammar errors, i'am sorry for this.

5thD

#54 Post by 5thD » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:32 am

I had the most incredible Vision in a very very lucid dream one night, In this vision a guide is leading me down a hallway that leads into a Concert club, when we get inside the club, I realize Steve Vai is preparing to do a show, the club was totally empty, Steve is standing in front of the stage telling the sound guy how to EQ the guitars, I remember being Phyched, I was like cool, it's Steve Vai!

The band starts playing this tune called "There's a train that's leaving", I remember the song hitting me as if it was the most spiritual song I had ever heard, Steve is singing and it seems as if he's almost floating above the floor and he comes right over to where me & the guide were standing, He get's right in front of me and the music stops and in this thunderous voice Steve says "WELCOME ABOARD"

And at that point I sat right up in my bed and instantly awoke, I was like "What the fuck was that about?" Chalked it up as one of the wierdest & most real dreams I had ever had and went back to sleep.

Around two or three days later, I make a Visit to Vai.com, I see this banner that says "Enter the Ibanez/Steve Vai/Tonos guitar challenge, well, the furr on the back of my neck went up, I had learned to pay attention to syncronicity and wierd coincidences, because there is no such thing.

So i enetered the contest, After the Vai contest Mp3 file had finished downloading, I transferred the tracks to my ADAT/my home studio and as I was listening to Vai's backing tracks, it occurred to me that a guitar riff I had just wrote days earlier seems like it should fit well, I fired up my guitar amp and threw a microphone in front of the speaker, I just had to hear if my guitar part would fit over Vai's tracks! It fit perfectly! I was so inspired by what I heard, I thought, "I am going to record some solo's!" The solos were recorded on the 1st take, one pass through. To say this whole session seemed inspired would be an understatement, I listened back to the song, I thought to myself "Well, that's it!" I sent in my version of Vai's "Jibboom" for the contest the same night, at about 5:00 the same morning.

I have to say my heart sank when I learned that hundred's of guitarists had entered the contest, and you could even listen to all the entries online! It became clear how many great players were out there! I would consider myself lucky if I even placed as a runner-up. The entries were narrowed down to the top 10 and there it was! I made it into the top 10!

The entries were then narrowed down to the top 3, I could hardly bring myself to look and see if I had made it, I looked and to my surprise, there was my name again!

There was only one more step and that was the announcement of the grand prizewinner and that would be announced on March 15, 2001. Well, the 15th came and went and there was no announcement!

I decided I should call Tonos on the 17th and it was then that I found out I was the Grand Prize Winner!

As you can imagine, I could hardly contain myslf, it worked out that I would be flown to meet Steve Vai at a G3 show on July 8th, 2001.

I arrived at the concert venue around 12:30 in the afternoon, I met Vai's tour manager and rhythm guitarist Dave Weiner shortly after. Dave told me Steve would not be there until around 6:00. Seemed like I had all day to just hang out! I have to say it felt a little strange and surreal being there all by myself.

The thought of meeting Steve Vai was strange to me. 1st of all, I just met Steve in the dream/vision when he said "welcome aboard" and now I was being flown to meet the man himself. 2nd of all, I had begun to understand that there were many different level of souls here on Earth and that there are some very advanced beings that are incarnate here as beacons of light to those still in darkness. I am still convinced to this day that Steve Vai is one of these beings.

I had full access to anywhere I wanted to go at the show except for the dressing rooms; the food catering room quickly became my favorite place Imagine my surprise as I was grabbing a sandwich to see Billy Sheehan, the world-renowned bass player and founder of one of my favorite bands Mr. Big, standing right next to me! Billy was playing bass for Steve Vai on this tour. I remember, thinking to myself, this is too cool!

As 6:00 grew closer & closer, I became more & more anxious. Shortly before 6:00, Dave Weiner let me know that Steve was in the house and that our meeting would be held in Vai's dressing room, Dave said he would come to get me as soon as Steve was ready. I began to just sit and meditate in an attempt to calm myself, 5 minutes or so had passed which seemed like an eternity when Dave came out and said "Well Michael, you ready?"

Dave walked me to Steve Vai's dressing room and when I entered I noticed Steve was not there yet. The dressing rooms size blew my mind. it was huge! It had a couch, with two Victorian style chairs at either end. I took a seat in one of these chairs. Since Dave and I were the only ones there at the moment, I took the opportunity to look around the room, there was a countertop that wrapped around the other three walls and this countertop was almost completely filled with lunchmeats, breads, vegetables, and every type of cheese.

A couple of minutes had passed when Steve walked in the room, and right past me! He was talking on a cell phone and from his angle I don't think he could see I was in sitting in the chair right behind him. He continued talking for a minute or so and all I could think was Oh my God, That is Steve Vai!

When he was finished talking, Steve turned and seen me sitting in the chair, he said, "Michael, how are you?" Well, let me tell you, I thought I would be beyond nervous but he had a way about him that made me feel comfortable and at ease.

Steve walked over and sat down on the couch. We talked for 45 minutes or so! One thing that shocked me about Steve was how humble he was, after seeing him perform countless times and from his performance in the movie "Crossroads", I had constructed a mental image of Steve Vai as being somewhat cocky and arrogant, in a Sting (the singer, not the wrestler) kind of way. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Steve Vai was genuinely one of the nicest people I have ever met.

We talked about a wide range of subjects such as recording techniques, his days with David Lee Roth, other musicians we both admired, but the thing that really blew my mind was how complimentary he was of my playing! He told me that what I had done "Blew him away"! I just about had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming! He added "A lot of really great players had entered the contest" but he felt my version of Jibboom was the most creative! He even gave me permission to use my contest version of "Jibboom" on my new CD!

One of the highlight's from my meeting with Steve was when I asked him how he played the riff for "Big Trouble" from the DLR era, Steve says "Let me show you" and he goes and grabs his guitar and plays it for me! So, I'm sitting there in a chair thinking....Steve Vai is jamming for me in his dressing room?

Afterwords Steve said he thought it was odd that I asked about that song in particular because he had just been recently thinking about how much fun that song was to play live! I also remember Steve saying that tune had a "Slinky" vibe about it, I said ya, I love smokey, bluesy, riffs & grooves like that, Steve goes, "Ya Slinky!"

I also remember Steve saying DLR would make him turn up his amp so loud it would actually scare you when he first hit a note, and he said DLR wanted it even louder! Billy Sheehan added "Ya, That was the only tour I've ever worn ear protection on!"

I watched two thirds of the show from the soundboard; I watched the remainder of the show from the side of the stage! After the show, I spoke briefly with Steve again and thanked him for everything, had my picture taken with him and that was that!

You can imagine, I was a huge Ann Rice Fan, On the Plane Trip to meet Steve, I remember thinking that I would have felt no different if I were being flown to meet Lestat.

spanishphrygian

#55 Post by spanishphrygian » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:51 pm

I dreamed that I was playing guitar for Ozzy before.

The only Vai dream that I had was that I was his Guitar flying high about the trees, but Vai was not in the dream though.

T bird

#56 Post by T bird » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:51 pm

where would 1 begin?

Nikkoe

#57 Post by Nikkoe » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:13 pm

I actually had a very weird dream last night.

I dreamt that somehow, I'd got tickets for one of the G3 shows in Australia, and was actually backstage, watching Satriani play his set from my nice little spot. Steve was actually in the crowd, and when he somehow caught a glimpse of me backstage, and with that amazed look on his face, he ran to the stage, jumped onto it and came down to me.

"Hey!" said Steve, so "Hey there," did I respond.

He looked even more amazed of that answer. You know, he had that "OMG" look on his face. And he just started babbling incomprehensible sentences, from which I would sometimes get a "You're so great," "Wow," or something like that.

Then suddenly, he went on stage and stopped the show. He said: "Alright people, sorry to do this, but we've got something much better now for you all," and then he invited me to come on stage. Steve looked at me and went: "C'mon, do it again!", so I said "...Hey there."

Satriani and Petrucci (who was now on stage too) were both as bewildered as Vai had been. They came down to their knees, and begged me to accept their guitar and whole rig as a token of their appreciation of my greatness. Vai objected, saying I should only accept HIS guitars.

So I stopped the madness. I said: "No, no, guys, all I really wanted was your autograph..."

There was a dead silence. Everybody looked upset.

Vai angrily suggested: "You... you... false idol... you are nothing!"

Petrucci added: "Let's MURDER HIM!"

And that's how I ended up being tortured by my three very best guitar heroes and their fans. :lol:

What a wild dream... :shock:

Trinity777

#58 Post by Trinity777 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:48 pm

I had a bizar one a couple of weeks ago. I'm playing a Steinway grand piano, all of a suden I look up Steve is laying on the piano sidways with his hand holding his head up. He's Siniging Old Broadway tunes.

Then I was sitting in this large room at a round table. Clint Eastwood, Jesus, and Steve were sitting there discussing the birthing process.
I got upset with them and told them you have it all wrong!

Clint Eastwood said in his dirty harry voice what do you mean I have it all wrong? Steve said to him "let her explain," she know's because she is a mother.Clint Eastwood raised his left eyebrow.

Jesus sat there with a big smile on his face then he started to say something to me then I woke up. :roll:

Trinity777 8)

Tony K

#59 Post by Tony K » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:07 pm

I go to a Vai show right?

I walk up after the show, (I got a backstage pass mysteriously...) And I start talking to Vai. I am not nervous, I'm totally cool. Then I ask him about Zappa, and we get in to this great long detailed conversation, and start playing on two JEMs next to each other, this goes on for about an hour, and then he INVITES ME TO JOIN THE ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA TOUR!!! I was pyhsched! So he gives me all these books, and tells me to study up. He wants me in the best shape I can be for the tour, and I have three months, and I am supposed to practice five hours everyday.

Then I wake up... :cry:

Ugur Dariveren

#60 Post by Ugur Dariveren » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:14 am

I had a dream about him last night.

I don't remember exactly but I at the Namm show with Steve and Christin. We're at outsite, We taking a photos together and talking.
And then we going to walk inside. When we enter the inside Christin goes to somewhere. And I walking with Steve and talking at the same time.
Then i wake up.