Anybody actually dreamt of Vai?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
slash89

BigBunny wrote:i once dreamt that i was on a bus & Steve was sitting next to me :? kinda boring i know but it does count as a dream :)
Having Steve next to you on a bus was boring? :shock: :)
Samuele

I dreamt of Steve many times, both while sleeping and while awake. :lol:
That must be due to how often I think of him, I guess...

The last couple of times I think I dreamt of the Evo Experience and of ZPZ (more or less like the actual memories).
No, really! :)
litlgrnman

Had a pretty crazy Vai dream last night. I was at a concert in a small building. Steve and the Breed only played a four song set. They had the setlist in a neon sign in front of Jeremy's drums. The first slong was "Pretty, Her Face" :lol: and I remember Juice but other than that I can't remember. I just remember when the show was over and people were filing out I started to light up a smoke with my buddy Gary (I know, I know to quote James Hetfield, somking - BAAAAAD). Mikey approached and asked if I had a third one for him (sorry to drag you into this Mikey). I flipped him a grit and and asked if he could score me one of Steve's guitar picks. He was like..."I can't help you but this guy might be able to..." and pointed me to some guy that looks like the dude who owns a music store here where I live. :?: This guy seemed happy to help us out. He led us over to a table that had boxes and boxes of picks, pictures, and promo items and said "Go to town". We were like kids in a candy store sorting through the goodies! I barely even noticed Steve walking around behind us as we were gobbling the stuff up like rabid beasts!

I think this may have been better than a flying dream! I don't suppose someone is too excited to be going to the show this Saturday.

:mrgreen:
squealmaster

I dreamt of Steve's JEMs and that's all... :)
fp77&ep7owner

I’m sure Steve has entered my dreams several time, but one of the coolest things that ever happened was when I was in high school and my friends and I went to a Hypnotist show. I was picked out of crowd and when I was hypnotized the man asked me to pretend to be someone who I looked up to. Well of course I choose Steve Vai. I don’t remember much of this, but my friends told me that I walked and talked just like a rockstar and that I said I was currently touring with Whitesnake. LOL When the hypnotist asked me to play my guitar I looked around and said “Sorry, I don’t have one with me.” It’s funny to me because I was such a shy and timid kid, but when I was asked to be Steve I had all the confidence in the world.
jam-man

I had a dream! :lol:

In my dream I was playing my guitar, in my room, practicing like usual, when Steve walked in. I just said "Hi" and continued with the practice like I knew Him for ages! :shock:
Steve pluged in His JEM in amp and began to play something...I don't remember what...and all of a sudden I was holding a JEM too and just said: "No, Steve! You have to play it like this!" and started playing! :shock: :shock: :shock:
The next day my brother told me that I was talking in my sleep, something like: "Ha! You can't do it!" and stuff...

I guess that's why people call it - a dream! :wink:
saraht

I had an ‘Erotic Nightmare’ about him once...(I didn’t really, but I couldn’t resist that joke – I can’t believe no-one else has said it!)
maximus

:shock:
saraht

saraht wrote:I had an ‘Erotic Nightmare’ about him once...(I didn’t really, but I couldn’t resist that joke – I can’t believe no-one else has said it!)
Well I thought it was funny, if a little unoriginal!
maximus

It was funny! I was just thinking how it would be a nightmare. :lol: :lol: :wink:
RoadyRat
Newcomer

Funny i see this thread here .. I've been on a marathon with the song "In my dreams with you"
Had one dream about being at Steve's house. He had like an open room just downstairs from the bedrooms. There were alot of big windows like a midway sunroom of some sorts. In the middle of that room was a hardwood floor where all the accomodations for a band setup. There were some amps and a mic.
I play alot of Steve's music and sometimes i think i hit some of his songs pretty well.. had a dream that he walks up to me and says "there's alot more to it than you think". The look on his face was like .. i already did all the work grasshopper.
Angelicosis

maximus wrote:It was funny! I was just thinking how it would be a nightmare. :lol: :lol: :wink:
:headbang :wink:
maximus

:lol:

P.S. Welcome RoadyRat.
Dan McAwesome

I have never had a dream about Steve Vai, but like alot of others, I sure have drempt about the JEM quitars :lol:

I sure as hell would enjoy meeting him in real-life though!

- Dan
saraht

maximus wrote:It was funny! I was just thinking how it would be a nightmare. :lol: :lol: :wink:
But you’re too young to be thinking about things like that at all, young lady! (How patronising was that!) What are you, about 10 or something? (Joke – I know you’re probably a bit older than that.) :wink: