Anybody actually dreamt of Vai?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
little green ghloe

I agree :(
Farenheit
Newcomer

I dreamt Steve had that cool motorcycle and past really fast by me and i was shouting "Steve!Steve!Steve!" and he pulled over and asked "What's up?" and... and... i was gonna say i love him but i woke up :cry: XD

Was a cool dream though :P
johnny boy

I had a dream last night (well, a few nights ago) where there was this big music festival/fair and steve was playing. It was a three day thing and after the second day i caught him walking through the fair back towards his car and started talking to him. He had longer hair and was younger, much like back when PAW was recorded. Anyways, i was telling him that i really wanted my guitar signed but i didn't have it with me and i could bring it on the third day but he was being a dick head back to me (not like how he really was when i met him, then he was very humble and nice). I mentioned that his fans weren't allowed to meet the band after the Zappa plays Zappa show i went to and he flipped out. He started telling me how hard it is to set up all that stuff and everything. Then the rest of his bandmates showed up and they laughed at me and ran away.
NOT!!!

well, I have a vew dreams with steve uinvolved...sometimes he gave me a lesson, sometimes we jammed, he even gave a guitar to me :lol:.

But, Steve or not...aren´t you sad when you wake up, and the guitar that you had in your dream is just gone??? I am always!
Angelicosis

Yes, I had few dreams about Steve and one of them was taking place at his house. Those were great dreams in which we were true friends - I wish this could become reality :)
lydian2000

am I the only one to find this thread...scary :shock: ?
axeman31390

no I thought It was kind of creepy too the way everybody dreams of him... if I were him I'd probably be afraid of all the drooling fans dreaming about him... Though I AM guilty of posting on this thread...

axeman31390
litlgrnman

lydian2000 wrote:am I the only one to find this thread...scary :shock: ?
I think it's natural for your daily thoughts to manifest themselves in your dreams. A lot of people listen to/think about Vai so it's only natural that he might pop up here and there. This is a natural place to talk about it so...

Do you have recurring dreams? I have had several dreams with Steve in them. I've also had several dreams about snowboarding or flying or golfing or tornados. Whatever....

I think the coolest Vai dream I had was once when I was wandering around this darkened building that resembled an old abandoned mall. I remember wandering into a large vacant room and seeing a stage there. Then as I approached the stage I could see that Steve and his band were there rehearsing Phase III from Fire Garden!! In my dream I recognized that I was witnessing something special as they played. Next to the stage there was an eisel with a large tablet of paper that listed the songs from Phase III. I was so excited to be hearing it I woke up :? .

The last Vai dream I can recall was at an imaginary bar. Some friends and I were outside the bar playing volleyball on the sand. We were having a great time then I looked over and Steve was sitting on a picnic table with his green Euphoria starting to play some beautiful acoustic music. When I realized what was happening I tried to get everyone to shut up and listen but they were all drunk and not paying attention. Needless to say Steve got annoyed with all the noise and quit playing. :x

Anyway....It always cracks me up when people frequent a Steve Vai forum and are alarmed at the affection and attention his fans pay to him.
Naffis-kun

Yeah I used to have dreams about being at a Vai show.
Luckily that dream came true 8).
It sure was amazing to actually see him in real life.
Trinity777

I mentioned a couple of them in an earlier thread. Before I share the last dream , in my dream symbols book ( by Beth Bethards )

Dreaming of famous people are your guides or higher awareness, appear in your dreams for very important messages , teaching's that are coming up again. You might need to re learn the lesson, and it will present it self again.
They appear so that you can recall the dream, and understand the message. Helping you be aware.

Then I've had other teachings about this subject, learning to understand the type of dream your having. ( Message, Teaching, Lucid, Prophetic,)

About 4 weeks before the ZPZ show I had this strange dream.....
my son & I were sitting real close to the stage during the concert, after the song Burnt Weenie sandwiches, Steve Steps up to the mic and said, " Anthony you want come up & play? " I was in shock and woke up.

I went to the ZPZ show. After the show I talked to Steve about the Ibenez he & Joe & Ingwe signed. He told me I need to start playing it again!

I'm just so freaked out about smearing their autographs playing it. I have to get it coated so they wont get damaged. Yes I am a geek :P

However I have started playing it again. Some very cool things have changed while playing it! Interesting! :)

Trinity777 8)
ibanezrg

Naffis-kun wrote:Yeah I used to have dreams about being at a Vai show.
lucky :P
seashell

Farenheit wrote:I dreamt Steve had that cool motorcycle and past really fast by me and i was shouting "Steve!Steve!Steve!" and he pulled over and asked "What's up?" and... and... i was gonna say i love him but i woke up :cry: XD

Was a cool dream though :P
That's so sweet LOL :D

I had one after when I was in college and my friend, who's a massive Steve fan, was getting into trouble (this happens a lot lol) and then Steve just walked into the room and was like, hey, teacher, leave that boy alone! :lol: Then he high fived me!
slash89

Naffis-kun wrote:Yeah I used to have dreams about being at a Vai show.
I know! Seeing him live was a night to remember for me too :)
vinccenzzo

I've been a Vai fan for more than 15 years and I think I've dreamt about Steve only twice. The last time was very recently that's why I decided to post.
First time, Steve was playing in some empty High-School gymnasium, instead of bending the strings he was bending the neck (i know where that comes from), the cool part is that the strings were getting red hot.
The second time, well I was at Steve's house waiting for him to show up I guess, and when he did , he got angry at me for helping myself in the fridge and eating some cookies while I was waiting...
Go figure that one....
BigBunny

i once dreamt that i was on a bus & Steve was sitting next to me :? kinda boring i know but it does count as a dream :)