Anybody actually dreamt of Vai?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Enma-Darei

#91 Post by Enma-Darei » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:21 pm

uuh, I'm glad to see other people have weird dreams about Vai, too :D .

Hi, guys, I've been frequenting the boards for a long time already, but I've never posted anything, lol, So I'll share my "Vai Dreams"

In the first one I was walking at downtown and I spot Steve walking in the opposite sidewalk, I approach him and just greet him and then he says that he has no place to stay in the city(haha, what?) and asked me if he could stay in my home(the answer is obvious).
So later we're in my room and he's teaching me some guitar stuff: tips, techniques, stunts, etc. suddenly my room was the venue where he was supposed to play, and he asks me to play with him, and I suddenly have a Jem(the usual Vai Dream, from what I've read here.) and Rata Blanca(metal band from Argentina) was there playing with Steve, Too(wtf).

The other one was the day after I went to the last show at Tempe, AZ.
In that dream my school asked him if he could teach guitar there(my guitar teacher quit the school IRL, we have other teacher now, though) he somehow accepted so it was time for guitar class and me and me classmates enter the classroom and there's Mr Vai and he asks me to translate English-Spanish for him and my classmates, then we all started playing(like, games, not guitar, I know wtf, but we had good times) and one of the guys jumped over Vai and hurted him and then I woke up.

The other one was pretty frustrating, Steve was playing at the local theater and I got all exited and got tickets for the show. Anyways, I was sitting at the theater, front row, waiting for the show to start and, when Steve comes out to the stage to start the show, my cellphone rings and my mom says that I have to go with her, it was an emergency. So I left the theater pretty saddened and arrive home and there was no emergency or anything and then I turn on the TV and they're airing the show and I just watch it feeling pretty frustrated, then I woke up.

and of course I've had dreams where I own a Jem and when I wake up I feel pretty sad when I realize it was just a dream.

Ugur Dariveren

#92 Post by Ugur Dariveren » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:12 am

I just had a dream with Steve last night.

He was came here for concert. At the morning I was waiting him front of venue or something like that. Then he showed up and stopped a bus from street. I run and get into bus too. He recognize me and he was smiling. Also he was driving the bus. :lol:

Seraphim

#93 Post by Seraphim » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:01 am

Ugur Dariveren wrote:...Also he was driving the bus. :lol:
:lol: LMAO :lol:

Now wondering if Steve have licence to drives buses :wink:

:mrgreen:

PSD

#94 Post by PSD » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:56 am

Seraphim wrote:

Steve probably hasn't had an urge to get behind the wheel of a tour bus since the time his bus burned to a crisp some years back.

Ugur Dariveren

#95 Post by Ugur Dariveren » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:00 pm

Seraphim wrote:

Who knows :lol:

notavirtuoso

#96 Post by notavirtuoso » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:09 pm

I once kind of dreamed about Vai, but he wasn't in it. My wife and I were going to a Vai concert, that was a surprise. She had purchased the tickets without my knowledge to a show that I didn't know about. When we got there, it wasn't Steve. I don't know who it was, but they sucked. And the show was in a warehouse with no attempts to make it look like anything but a warehouse. No stage, band was on the ground. I was heading for the band to take the guitar away from whoever thought they had the right to make that god awful noise and beat him with it when my clock woke me up. I don't know what was more disappointing, it not being Steve or that I didn't get to beat up the fraud.

honeybadger

HAhA

#97 Post by honeybadger » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:36 am

I had one about Steve last night..........It was about 25 mins too short &.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................imagine the drum's in Shy Boy........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Pole...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................But I aint telling you lot any more :lol: :oops: :lol: :? :shock:

metalus

Re: HAhA

#98 Post by metalus » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:57 am

honeybadger wrote:I had one about Steve last night..........It was about 25 mins too short &.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................imagine the drum's in Shy Boy........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Pole...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................But I aint telling you lot any more :lol: :oops: :lol: :? :shock:
:twisted: you evil girl you :lol:

honeybadger

#99 Post by honeybadger » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:04 pm

Whats wrong with dreaming about Polish drummer's??? :shock: :lol:

ROCK KITTEN 76

Re: Anybody actually dreamt of Vai?

#100 Post by ROCK KITTEN 76 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:02 pm

i had a dream about him last night....oddly enough.

sound theory kind of set up...Steve was in his jacket that he wore on that DVD.

sat next to him and Pia...watching what seemed like a movie version of his works etc.
as per we were best buddies..lol

last dream i had was that him and the breed all stayed over at my place, and he's produced a one of a kind demo and left it at my place.
It was a race to get this to him at the gig he was performing at.

Jenn Pix

Re:

#101 Post by Jenn Pix » Thu May 07, 2009 9:15 pm

maximus wrote:I didn't have an actual sleeping DREAM but I put on Passion and Warfare and I closed my eyes and concentrated and things happened. I was with a friend and we actually encountered each other in the "dream" thing so we held our hands together and traveled around the dream place together. Try it!
Passion And Warfare is a great one for playing with.
Things do happen with that one :D

Living room, on the couch.
Laid back, eyes closed, Passion And Warfare playing, nobody home but me and the music. :)

Midway through Liberty it got interesting...
Best way to sum it up is, I started to feel and become the music as I was listening to it. I felt myself floating on the sound, then getting more like I was the sound, playing off the walls and furniture, spiraling into my own ears and wrapping through my own brain... Then wandering through scenes and dreamscapes that the music was creating.

Lots of fun, definitely the most unusual experience I have ever had with any music... ever.

And all without any sort of chemical influence, too! :wink:

Ultraviolet
Location: wherever plugging your brain into your heart puts you

#102 Post by Ultraviolet » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:16 pm

I have had 5 in the past week, where Steve was there.

in one,.. Steve, Morgan Freeman, and I, are all sitting down in chairs in the corner of a hallway in this building, just reflecting on stuff, and talking it up.

Ultra

Ultraviolet
Location: wherever plugging your brain into your heart puts you

Re:

#103 Post by Ultraviolet » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:53 pm

[quote="Ugur Dariveren"]I just had a dream with Steve last night.

He was came here for concert. At the morning I was waiting him front of venue or something like that. Then he showed up and stopped a bus from street. I run and get into bus too. He recognize me and he was smiling. Also he was driving the bus. :lol:[/quote]

You've got it bad, got it bad,..got it bad.

You've got it bad,....SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad....

(couldn't resist)
Ultra :)

Breeder

#104 Post by Breeder » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:59 pm

only once...and we were watching some movie at his house with the rest of his family...rofl...

Ugur Dariveren

Re: Re:

#105 Post by Ugur Dariveren » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:34 am

Ultraviolet wrote:You've got it bad, got it bad,..got it bad.

You've got it bad,....SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad....

(couldn't resist)
Ultra :)
Lol it was very old message I guess. I couldnt even remember anything from that dream anymore :D