Australian G3 06, vai satch and petrucci

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Prev
Member
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 10:56 pm

Sounds good, definitely want an EVO ticket. Cost no problem! Should be good to see the band at a venue other than the Palace. Caught Steve there 3 times now, '97, 2000 and in '04. Prob only could see him for 2 minutes in the crowd for the first one though. Bring on any other venue!!
*theanimal*05
Member
Member
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 9:18 pm

Man im going to go to the evo experience and the gig twice if there playing.

And mikey,
who is the promoter? because my dad is close friends with the guy that brought out satch and i was wondering if its that same guy?
Vaitastic
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:06 am

Is mister Vai following me or something?

I lived in Groningen, Netherlands and he does 2 (2004/2005) concerts there. I just moved to Brisbane and yes!!! Can't believe it. Will see him for the 3rd time!

See you in Brisvegas!!
slash89
Member
Member
Posts: 2303
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:49 am

Vaitastic wrote:Is mister Vai following me or something?

I lived in Groningen, Netherlands and he does 2 (2004/2005) concerts there. I just moved to Brisbane and yes!!! Can't believe it. Will see him for the 3rd time!

See you in Brisvegas!!
Lucky boy :)
StoleN GuitaR
Member
Member
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:46 am

mikey, is there a chance the VAI might come to new zealand for a one off gig in auckland or something. :D
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin
Posts: 4520
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:51 am

StoleN GuitaR wrote:mikey, is there a chance the VAI might come to new zealand for a one off gig in auckland or something. :D
Not this time around, unfortunately.

Mikey
vai.com
wilch
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:44 pm

*theanimal*05 wrote:and mikey, where do i buy tickets?when will they be up?

I know this is a big ask but just imagine if you were a 16yrold boy who practises 6 hours a day and 8 hours a day on the weekend to get his chops good enough to be on stage with vai one day.
and then he finds out that vai is actually coming to one of the most isolated countries for major tour purposes in the world.
sorry man i just cant contain my excitement....
I think I know exactly how you feel :)
*theanimal*05 wrote:man if its 18+ i will honestly fucking kill someone. like for real..mikey dont let them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The first Vai concert I went to in Sydney was at Selina's at the Coogee Bay Hotel one fateful night when all the power in the whole block went out.

The Coogee Bay Hotel is known for it's strict bouncers. Anyway, I was 17 and got the ticket anyway (18+ only). I looked all of 14 at the time too.

Soooo anyway, the power for the whole block went out right. So the Coogee Bay Hotel was in darkness with a full pub... nightmare?

For the bouncers maybe, but not for me. I walked straight in and lined up to get into Selina's. Bouncer's were no where to be found. They were most probably trying to get the power back up, or keep order in the pub. Regardless, I was in! I was shocked, and still scared that I would get found out then ejected from the venue. (...yet to still get into the Selina's section)

So this blackout thing delayed the concert...And due to this they rushed everyone in. :D Double bonus! I got in and got to watch Steve on stage. He played for what seemed to be an eternity that night too. The a/c was broken and I came out of the venue drenched.

Amazing, amazing night.

So my point? Umm.. Don't ever lose hope. The power of positive thinking is an amazing thing (...but so is the power of negative thinking. So keep thinking positive!!).

:D
StoleN GuitaR
Member
Member
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:46 am

ok mikey, I've sold one of my guitars.. and i have almost the full amount of cash I'll be needing to go to the concert in melbourne..

can you give me an estimate of what I'll be expected to pay for an EVO ticket..

also.. the evo ticket does include entry to the venue right?

I'm paying about $700 return ticket + accomadation + food + ticket.. = ???
sweeps
Member
Member
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:20 am

Can someone explain to me exactly what you get with an "evo" ticket? Is the price compared to a normal ticket about double?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin
Posts: 4520
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:51 am

You can read info about the American and European EVO Premium Experience packages here:
http://www.vai.com/News/evo_premium.html

We haven't finalized the ticket price for Australia yet, but would probably be in the vicinity of a couple of hundred dollars. Tickets can only be purchased to EVO through Vai.com.

Many people posted their reviews of the EVO Experiences in the review threads during the US and European Real Illusions tour. Go to the "Reviews" forum for more info.

As soon as we have things finalized, I'll put info up on the news page.

Mikey
vai.com
lucky7
Member
Member
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:25 pm

Okay guys I am a week behind in my Email checking and I nearly fell off my chair.
This is such great news! :D 8)
I am seeing the regulars posting, and my guess is we are all praying now we get the EVO Tickets.
Doing the math, these tickets will sell within half an hour of going on sale.
I sound terrible, but I am hoping not too many Melburnians sign up for the E newsletter. :wink:
Regent Theatre....Interesting venue, anything is better than The Palace, but Joe at The Forum last March was great. I wish it was there. :cry:
But I think I would even go back to The Palace again if they decided to play there.
So hopefully once Steve has played in a G3 he will come back in the new year with the breed for a full Steve tour! :D 8)
Counting down to December! :)
StoleN GuitaR
Member
Member
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:46 am

Mikey wrote:You can read info about the American and European EVO Premium Experience packages here:
http://www.vai.com/News/evo_premium.html

We haven't finalized the ticket price for Australia yet, but would probably be in the vicinity of a couple of hundred dollars. Tickets can only be purchased to EVO through Vai.com.

Many people posted their reviews of the EVO Experiences in the review threads during the US and European Real Illusions tour. Go to the "Reviews" forum for more info.

As soon as we have things finalized, I'll put info up on the news page.

Mikey
vai.com
Thanks heaps mikey, you're a blessing.

That was really helpful reading in the FAQ, i actually didnt know it was there..

I'm just waiting to know when the sale date for EVO tickets are for melbourne because I'll take the day off work and stake out the computer.. only 30 tickets... :-S
StoleN GuitaR
Member
Member
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:46 am

also.... Who's touring with steve to be in the "VAI band" this time around.. is it, MacAlpine, Sheehan, Dave Weiner and Jeremy this time around or is dave off touring with his own solo band..
User avatar
BigBunny
Member
Member
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:39 pm

Mikey wrote:The Australian tour will visit Brisbane first, then Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.

We're planning EVO Experiences for all shows, so tell your friends!

Mikey :)
vai.com
Mikey!! i f*cking love you, your post just made my day *boing!*

Steve's coming back to Perth - along with Satch :headbang

weeeee happy me - what exactly is the EVO experience? and how much is it?

thanx
BigBunny... . ..
StoleN GuitaR
Member
Member
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:46 am

BigBunny wrote:
Mikey wrote:The Australian tour will visit Brisbane first, then Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.

We're planning EVO Experiences for all shows, so tell your friends!

Mikey :)
vai.com
Mikey!! i f*cking love you, your post just made my day *boing!*

Steve's coming back to Perth - along with Satch :headbang

weeeee happy me - what exactly is the EVO experience? and how much is it?

thanx
BigBunny... . ..
He said above around $200ish.. but im not sure if thats USD or AUD
Post Reply