Australian G3 06, vai satch and petrucci

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Not the Palace! (I thought they were demolishing that shithole!)

Mikey :)
vai.com
Jet444

OH WOW!!!!!!!!
But before I get too excited, Mikey do you have any idea if it'll be all-ages? I hope to God it is 'cause otherwise I'll die!!! :( :(
-Jet
mayuka

so no North American dates... NO!!!! WHY GOD WHY!!!
StoleN GuitaR

so if i were to book my flight ahead of time mikey, would it be safe to say i could book to be in Australia for the brisbane show say.. the 27th-30th of november and not have to worry about missing it or coming too early..

or is it too early yet to say :)
*theanimal*05

man if its 18+ i will honestly fucking kill someone. like for real..mikey dont let them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikey do you have any idea when you will let us know when tickets are available. im not asking for exact dates im just asking for a rough estimate.

like say will they be on sale in a week, month? tomorrow, in 10 minutes time?sorry lol
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Not sure of the ticket on-sale dates yet, but be ready.

I'll have a better idea during the week.

It seems as if most of the venues mentioned are theaters/concert venues that I don't recall having an age limit. (I'm from Australia originally, so I'm familiar with many concert venues.)

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com
Prev

Wow!!! Absolutely fantastic news Mikey!!! and an EVO experience as well!!! Finally I get a chance to get my photo with Steve as my camera stuffed up back in 1997 at a signing at Brashs!!
As for a possible venue how about the Forum in Melbourne instead of the Palace. Thats where Joe played 2 shows last year and I thought it to be a pretty good venue. Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!! Keep us posted! Cheers Prev :D
Animal 06

OMG OMG!!!
that really has made my weekend :D

got my fingers crossed for the Forum! Satch rocked that place!

look foward to seein ya all there :D

ani
:D
StoleN GuitaR

Mikey wrote:Not sure of the ticket on-sale dates yet, but be ready.

I'll have a better idea during the week.

It seems as if most of the venues mentioned are theaters/concert venues that I don't recall having an age limit. (I'm from Australia originally, so I'm familiar with many concert venues.)

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com
Mikey, do you know if the melbourne one might be held in the olympic stadium, because i have friends that work there and help backstage for concerts.. pearl jam are playing there this early november..
:)

http://www.mopt.com.au/
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

At this time (and keep in mind that I'm giving you the news early and things can change..) the venues are:

Brisbane: Convention Centre
Sydney: Hordern Pavillion
Melbourne: Regents Theatre
Adelaide: Entertainment Center
Perth: Challenge Stadium

Do me a favor though: I'm providing this info early. Don't go posting it everywhere until I have it on the news page.

Regarding EVO: For the time being, the plan is that as usual, EVO tickets will be limited to only 30 places per show. Don't have a price for you yet though, but keep in mind that cost for EVO tickets are significantly higher than regular tickets, and that we will only be selling EVO tix through Vai.com.

Thanks guys,

Mikey :)
vai.com
StoleN GuitaR

ok, write my name down in PERMANENT MARKER for an EVO ticket.. possibly 2 for the melbourne gig

Myself and a friend are traveling from New Zealand all the way to Aussie in melbourne just to see this concert.. costing me about $2400 jsut for one concert.. i dont want to miss out..

The regent theatre looks beautiful!! wow
StoleN GuitaR

any chance of turning this into a Sticky..
guitar_man_6

I should be able to go over too (I'm from NZ)...
Kilar

Thank the Lord it's not at the Palace in Melbourne. That place should be removed from the face of the Earth.
Azyiu

First of all, I AM going to talk with a local promoter I know of here in Hong Kong, and see if they can somehow bring these guys over here for a show...

Secondly, I wonder if Petrucci going to have a new materials for this tour? Plus, will Portnoy be playing drums for him like before too. If so, that would be awesome!