For Steve "Himself" Vai (Please Read)

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Draven0914

Mr. Steve Vai and company (if you read this that is)

My Review and My Words to you after my expeirence on April 27th 2005

I want to thank you for the BEST Concert expierence I have ever been able to witness in my life......The show was absolutely more than I ever imagined it was going to be........you have been in inspiration of mine ever since Passion and Warfare was released.......and that show was even more inspiring than anything I have witnessed in my life......and as others posted in previous messages me and my girlfriend thought it was extremeley cool of Steve to stop the fight he witnessed going on.......I sat in my seat in complete awwww as Steve played his set and with each passing song I wanted in anticipaton to hear "For The Love Of God" and in closing Steve played that very song I got out of my seat and worked my way down to the stage in hopes of being able to talk to Steve to thank him for being such the inspiration he is to me.........but being only 5 foot 3 inches and walking on crutches (Partially paralyzed from the waist down) it is hard to get spotted........and had I thought I could have stood there and waited like the others did I would have just to be able to thank Steve myself for his inspiration and the GREAT show he put on for us but my legs would not have let me do so and the people of The Grove I talked to told me that they could not get Steve to sign my CD for me and that Steve had already left and that he was not around.........I understand this is not Steve's fault and nor do I blame him.......I just hope that one day our paths will cross again and I will be able to thank him and shake his hand and let him know he is a true inspiration

Thank You and God Bless

Justin

Steve,

as I have recently witnessed you are replying to a lot of posts on here as of late and I thought I would give this a shot to make this reach you once more........I have been even more into your music as of late especially the song "Brother" as I have lost two very dear people to me in my life in the last three months......you are such an inspiration and such a kind soul that I know God blesses you in many ways over and over again........I do hope one day to be able to meet you face to face but until then I will just have to hope that one of my messages will make it across your computer........I do hope to catch you and Satch on your show you will be doing in LA later this year.......as I got to meet Satch this year at NAMM and what a great guy he is as well......I really do not know what else to say except thank you so very much for your music..........and for being who you are both on and off the stage

Thanks Again and God Bless

Justin

spirit.angels@verizon.net
Samuele_Italy

Nice story friend !
Thank you to share that with us.
I know that mr. "HIMSELF" coming in at in a moment reply to some posts.
I hope that in that post there's your's.
Steve is a nice guy ; if he can, he reply to you...
:wink:
Draven0914

Thank You for the kind words and I will be patiently awaiting a response from Steve

:D
maximus

Hope you get your wish, man...Steve's a nice guy, hope he gets a chance to answer.
vaigod

My goodness, you almost had my in tears man.

Very heart-felt story. I really hope you are able to meet him. All I can say is, he is all that and a trillion times more. Like you, I adore Steve. Been my idol of gtr for many years. That first time I met him, I couldnt believe the serenity that came over me - realizing that I am actually talking to him, finally, after all these years.

Take Care

~D

http://www.myspace.com/7thfret
calos

Sorry to hear you didn't get to meet Steve, and glad you understand that it's not always possible for him to meet everyone that would like to meet him.

Being realistic, if Steve was to meet everyone after a show that wanted to meet him etc, then I don't think he'd be able to get to the next show on time;
I suppose the trade off is to meet as many as you can time-wise at random, then you gotta get on the plane/bus/train etc or risk letting down a lot more people by showing up late or too tired to perform well for the next show.

I figure you'll get to meet him sooner or later, most of us never will but to me, that's ok as Steve has already had a very real effect in the course of my life, meeting him to say thank you in person would just be a bonus.

peace
cal