My amazing experience meeting Steve Vai...

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
anton zedd

Hi folks,

my name is Ricky Szolnoky (a.k.a - Anton Zedd), and my experience meeting Steve Vai was very unique amongst all other people i've ever met before, famous or not. It was a very hot Friday afternoon at a local music store called LA Music, and Steve Vai was going to do an in-store signing. I waited with some friends since 11:00am that morning just to meet him. So 4:00pm rolls around and he arrives, and as soon as he was in front of me I said "how are ya doin brother" he replied "great how are you?"

So then the line up to get his autograph started and it was finally my turn to meet him, at last I was to meet one of my favourite players on the planet and this is what I said to him...

Steve, my girlfriend told me not to say this because she thought I'd sound gay or something, but i'm gonna say it anyways... I love you man.
And right when most people would say, yeah thats gay the opposite happened, I was totally amazed when he almost got up and pointed to me right to my face looked up at me with the sunglasses on but I could still see his eyes, and in the most sincere voice i'd ever heard he said this;

I love you twice as much man! Believe it!

I was shocked and absolutely amazed, I've never felt that proud to be a guitar player in my entire life then right at that specific moment. In a strange way it was such a pivotal moment in my life when i heard those words. To this day every time I listen to his playing I feel such reverence towards him.

Steve, if you ever read this and I hope you do. For all the great things you've done and all the music you've made and opportunities you've created for the less fortunate to learn music... I love you man, your truly an amazing person.

Sincerely,
Anton Zedd
http://www.myspace.com/antonzedd
litlgrnman

Thanks for sharing that! What a great story and experience. Pretty sweet how just when you wonder if Steve could possibly take you higher he completely blows you away huh?
Steve Himself
VIP
VIP

I still love you more.
s
JBeCeDe

wow

btw: it seems steve got some time checking forums these days, eh? ...nice

j
jemgirl

ahh steve!!youre wonderfull!!!
its feels soo good you loving us all!!!
patricia
b2

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Naffis-kun

btw: it seems steve got some time checking forums these days, eh? ...nice
Yeah, I've been posting here for a few years now and seeing Steve actually post something has always been on my wish list. :lol:
And now I don't really have anything to ask him about.
anton zedd

See, what an amazing guy!

Sincerely,
Anton Zedd
http://www.myspace.com/antonzedd
-yasi-

:D :D :D :D

STEVE; YOU ARE THE GREATES GUY I EVER SEEN !!!
fiddlemord

Steve...Even though you would love us twice as much as we love you,we still love you always as much as you love us. Bring on the Juice!
calos

Steve; your music and words changed my expectations of life and inturn helped me to make it a better life for myself, I love you too!.

Everyone group hug!

:D

peace
cal
fiddlemord

calos wrote:Steve; your music and words changed my expectations of life and inturn helped me to make it a better life for myself, I love you too!.

Everyone group hug!

:D

peace
cal
I'm in! Steve though will be crushed by the weight of us all trying to hug him at the same time. But it's amazing how much this 80's "wanker" (as Steve Himself calls himself) has changed our lives. No regret for finding out Steve's music!
maximus

This forum creeps me out a little bit.
ibanezrg

maximus wrote:This forum creeps me out a little bit.
me too :?
Vaisnake

wow certainly put a smile on my face! :guitar