7/7/07

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
axeman31390

This is steve's number, 777... Just wondering if next year we will have some sort of vai celebration, I dont know, contest??? Maybe a release???

Anyway, just got the idea, so tell me your thoughts, but please dont let me know if its a dumb idea haha.

thanks,
axeman31390
litlgrnman

I think it's a great idea to do something special. I know! How about a concert somewhere in southern Cali for all of us crazy Vai fans? Or how about this: a concert somewhere in Nebraska (would be easier for everyone to travel to ;) ) for all of us crazy Vai fans!!! :headbang Everyone could bring a covered dish. :mrgreen:
Naffis-kun

Cool idea.. but playing with dates and numbers like that can make us superstitious. :)

Btw.. it's not Steve's number :D.
axeman31390

in response to above: I know its not his number, but its used throughout his albums, and is on his light without heat and everything. God, for those who believe, I am not here to preach, is the real bearer of the number according to some...
YaiYaiYai
Banned

777 is acyually Jesus' number

someone explain why
vaigod

YaiYaiYai wrote:777 is acyually Jesus' number

someone explain why

In Hebrew, letters are numbers. Each letter has a corresponding number, and meaning. The letter zayin has the number 7. Zayin means sword. So to those who say 777 is three times, I guess you really want to say 'sword, sword, sword'. LOL
Seven is an important number in scripture, seven days God created the earth, etc. 777, however, is a different number.
The addition of the numbers in these hebrew letters is a process called Gematria. Gematria attempts to explain the significance of things, and compare words or phrases that have the same numbers in relation to one another. There are potentially hundreds of phrases and words that equate to the gematria of 777, but here I will only list a few.

First, here are some things that 777 is not

777 is not the opposite of 666
777 is not three sevens. It is the number seven hundred and seventy seven. Three sevens is seven times three, or 21.
777 is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible.

In the first chapter of Genesis, it states "In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and earth."
Elohim, Heavens, Earth = 777

The phrase 'One is the Ruach of the Elohim of Lives' = 777

The phrase 'The world of shells' = 777
This is from the concept of Qliphoth in Kabbalah. Qliphoth is basically the negative runoff from the process of creation, and can deal with demons and anything evil. Go look it up if you want to know more.

The phrase 'Man of prayer' = 777

Another concept that demonstrates the significance of 777 comes from the Kabbalistic diagram of the Tree of Life. For those of you that are not familiar, between each sphere on the tree, there is a path. All in all, there are 22 paths, one for each letter of the Hebrew alphabet. If you notice a concept referred to as the flaming sword that follows these specific paths, it has the gematria of 777. The paths are aleph, daleth, gimel, teth, lamed, nun, peh, resh, and tav. Now, because there is no actual corresponding path from the flaming sword and the Tree of Life, gimel is attributed to this 'phantom' path. None the less, you get 777.

So there you have it. The number 777, and its true significance, is immersed in the Kabbalistic occult sciences, such as gematria. Any other meanings attributed to the number 777, apart from the use of gematria, are based in other superstitions and numerology. They are not founded in scripture, nor in biblical mysticism.

Source : google
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

I've read somewhere that Bill Gates' name equates to 666, & www also equates to 666? Is this correct?
slash89

vaigod wrote:

someone explain why

In Hebrew, letters are numbers. Each letter has a corresponding number, and meaning. The letter zayin has the number 7. Zayin means sword. So to those who say 777 is three times, I guess you really want to say 'sword, sword, sword'. LOL
Seven is an important number in scripture, seven days God created the earth, etc. 777, however, is a different number.
The addition of the numbers in these hebrew letters is a process called Gematria. Gematria attempts to explain the significance of things, and compare words or phrases that have the same numbers in relation to one another. There are potentially hundreds of phrases and words that equate to the gematria of 777, but here I will only list a few.

777 is not three sevens. It is the number seven hundred and seventy seven. Three sevens is seven times three, or 21.

In the first chapter of Genesis, it states "In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and earth."

This is from the concept of Qliphoth in Kabbalah. Qliphoth is basically the negative runoff from the process of creation, and can deal with demons and anything evil. Go look it up if you want to know more.

Another concept that demonstrates the significance of 777 comes from the Kabbalistic diagram of the Tree of Life. For those of you that are not familiar, between each sphere on the tree, there is a path. All in all, there are 22 paths, one for each letter of the Hebrew alphabet. If you notice a concept referred to as the flaming sword that follows these specific paths, it has the gematria of 777. The paths are aleph, daleth, gimel, teth, lamed, nun, peh, resh, and tav. Now, because there is no actual corresponding path from the flaming sword and the Tree of Life, gimel is attributed to this 'phantom' path. None the less, you get 777.

So there you have it. The number 777, and its true significance, is immersed in the Kabbalistic occult sciences, such as gematria. Any other meanings attributed to the number 777, apart from the use of gematria, are based in other superstitions and numerology. They are not founded in scripture, nor in biblical mysticism.

Good post dude! Thank's for enlightening us all :)
MatJB

Interesting post. Does anyone still actually believe that stuff?
treeduck

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher wrote:I've read somewhere that Bill Gates' name equates to 666, & www also equates to 666? Is this correct?
Oh god!! I knew he was the anti-christ!!! :shock:
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

Hey, at least the world didn't end on 6/6/06, & now he's stepping down in '08. Maybe 'ole Bill's got something big planned for 7/7/07, like a battle with The Creator! :shock:
lastmohican

vaigod wrote:

someone explain why

Ummmm... There´s something about in the bible.
Jesús answered him: I do not say to you up to 7 but up to 70 times 7

Just curious thing

http://www.biblecodeintro.com/intro17.html

:wink:
Vegas_Blues

It may be nothing more than a strange coincidence, but the word seven is used exactly seven times in Genesis chapter seven. Then again, maybe not. :P
GuitarHero

He was talking about how many times you're supposed to ask for forgiveness of sins. Being somewhat sarcastic, he merely points out the fact that we all sin more than we tend to realize and are in need of forgiveness.

Back on topic: There is no significance of the number 777 in the Bible, or anywhere else for that matter, unless you are superstitious or favor that # for whatever reason…
mental speedin

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher wrote:I've read somewhere that Bill Gates' name equates to 666, & www also equates to 666? Is this correct?

dunno bout bill gates but i know www does translate to 666 in a language as every letter is given a number.