Mike Keneally & Steve Vai

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
yunuserkaya

hey dudes, what happened to the Piano Reductions album series. will there be a second one? or will it be a "Saz Reductions Vol.1" thing :P
jemgirl

i believe the piano reductions is the only one!
there`s not gonna be a second one.or whatever.
Franks

I'm not sure about that, Patricia. In the album Steve writes that it's "the first installment of a potentially multi-volumed series of CD's containing songs from my catalog...". So it will probably only be a matter of time before Vol. 2 will come out. When, I don't know.
resha

I really hope that some other Piano Reductions will follow the first one because Mike Keneally did an extraordinary job with Steve's pieces... He made those amazing tunes sound in another beautiful way.
Touchin Tongues is one of my favourite :)

And then if this cd's called Mike Keneally: Vai Piano Reductions Vol. 1 this means there'll be some others!
jemgirl

Franks wrote:I'm not sure about that, Patricia. In the album Steve writes that it's "the first installment of a potentially multi-volumed series of CD's containing songs from my catalog...". So it will probably only be a matter of time before Vol. 2 will come out. When, I don't know.
yes franks,youre right about that!!
ahh dummy i am. 8)
Zongadude

Since it's written "vol 1" I guess there will be more.

And it's also the case of "The elusive light and sound". I really really hope Steve will eventually release a volume two (assuming there is enough movie material to so so).
Willie

But if that's the case, what about the Ellusivive Light & Sound Vol. 1?... if that was the case, then maybe Steve is working on another album of that series, as I too remember that quote as he went on to say that "All the music available now is only a tiny part of what there is to come and you will one day be able to hear it all if you wish to understand me"... that is as accurate as I can remember, but I most definitely remeber Steve mentioning this in one of his posts :)

So perhaps, there my just be a few continuations albums that Steve would like to work on :)

Anyways, take good care everyone and peace always :)
amokalex

:? maybe the "Piano Reductions Vol. ll" will be with Tony???? :shock:

that would also be awesome? don`t you think??

amokout :twisted:
yunuserkaya

T-Mac T-mac t-mac!!!

could be awesome. but i truly love what mike keneally did with that. and i hope we get seconds and even thirds..
Ekim

amokalex wrote::? maybe the "Piano Reductions Vol. ll" will be with Tony???? :shock:

that would also be awesome? don`t you think??

amokout :twisted:
Huh! I never thought about that! I'd even like to hear how differently he'd arrange the tunes Keneally did.

He's an amazing player, but I'm not sure he'd have the quirky ear that MK did for the arranging.
Bryceybhoy

Not necessarily. Van Halen had Vol.1 Greatest Hits and Vol.2 never appeared.
salamancafiesta

Bryceybhoy wrote:Not necessarily. Van Halen had Vol.1 Greatest Hits and Vol.2 never appeared.
Van Halen will release vol. 2 in the year 2020 after having released 5 more records with Robbie williams and bono as singers.

:lol: