Vai specials at NPS in December

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
JohnnyFu
Newcomer

Ok, i´m going to write a letter for Bill Gates, he must buy the whole NPS.
To bring the show to the people of the world like Windows ! :D
EyE

We wure not the first. The guitar festival at Sevilla in 1992 "Una Noche A Sevilla" was recorded by the BBC. "Rock Around The Bay - Live in Japan" was recorded for WOWOW-TV. And i believe "The Ultra Zone Tour ~”Live” in Bulgaria" was also shown on some local networkstation. :wink:
resha

Hey guys we'll have our dvd come out... yeah I know we have to wait a little bit, but we'll have it :!:

The Baby Resha 8)
Claus P

Set:

Kill the guy/godeaters
Liberty
Frangelica I & II
Lotus Feet
Bledsoe Blvd
Answers

Hey Jeroen - I couldn't watch the show sadly enough but the set list is a bit different than the second show in Groningen (I think). Haven't they edited it?
I was there and I've seen the setlist (somewhere with the Bryan Beller signature) and as I remember it Lotus Feet came late and Frangelica came before Kill... - how did the new set up work in your opinion?
Greetings
Claus
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

The set has been made TV compatible...A good mix between pieces on which Steve played and pieces without Steve on stage. It's defenitly not in order of original appearance.

I don't mind too much, because it's visually tasteful anyway, but I will admit that in the original setlist, having Brandos Costumes, The murder, I'm Becomming and Salamanders in the sun back to back is pure bliss :).

I guess that in the little air time they have, they want to pack a punch, so I doubt next week we'll see stuff like "is it over yet', but more like FTLOG, BC, The murder etc. I would love to see everything as it was played on stage, but I guess that some people (still and unfortunately) will sign off when it lacks Steve on stage.
Gerco

It was great to see the show on television.
wielaert
Newcomer

Ok ladies and gentleman, the show on Nederland 3 reached 81.000 viewers on TV - which is quite good for that time of night (until 1 on a monday night) in the Netherlands.

The show is not being offered on www.uitzendinggemist.nl and we're sorry about that. It has to do with copyrights and a possible DVD - which I can NOT confirm, it's just rumoured.

May I remind you the radioshow on Radio 4FM will be available for one week after broadcast.

Kind regards,

Marc Wielaert
NPS Radio 4FM
wielaert
Newcomer

Dear fans, (just this is a multipost 8))

I'd like to let you know that Co still hasn't received enough emailrequests for a possible bonus show on january first in Radio 4FM.

He'd like more than a 100 emails with requests what you guys would like to hear from the shows Vai did in Holland.

The subject should be Just Go For It in 2006!

It's up to you guys and gals ;-)

mail to 4fm@nps.nl

Marc Wielaert
NPS Radio 4FM
Js1000

maaannnn someone i know taped the show for me but i'm not gettin it until christmas!! :evil:
me wants it NOW!!! :evil:

now i'm staying up monday, just to see it allready :twisted: ,still going to record it though, but i don't have to go to school the next day (end of exams) so i don't care!! i'm watching!
Js1000

wielaert wrote:Dear fans, (just this is a multipost 8))

I'd like to let you know that Co still hasn't received enough emailrequests for a possible bonus show on january first in Radio 4FM.

He'd like more than a 100 emails with requests what you guys would like to hear from the shows Vai did in Holland.

It's up to you guys and gals ;-)

mail to 4fm@nps.nl

Marc Wielaert
NPS Radio 4FM

my email is sent 8)
EyE

just send a mail.....again!! "Justice For All"!!!! :wink:
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

They just showed part II on TV.

Boy..... :shock:

I never knew that one of the percusionists actually slammed right through the drumhead of his big ol' pauk during the big percussion section of "The Murder"...He hardly could get his hand out :D

But anyway, this is some intense stuff, totally the best.

And hey Pat, you were on TV! You're famous now :)

J
R1FSR

Oh man
im so jealous i cant get to see this show on TV :cry:
sisterinlaw

wielaert wrote:I'd like to let you know that Co still hasn't received enough emailrequests for a possible bonus show on january first in Radio 4FM.

If you use the email link on the newspage your mail (or at least mine) will have the correct subject automatically.

Can I send 100 emails myself or don't they count? :roll:

8)
EyE

Show was awesome!! :shock: And come to think of it that we wure there! Pinch me, tell me i'm not dreaming.... :wink: